LEGO announced earlier today their Direct to Consumer tie-in set for the upcoming The LEGO NINJAGO Movie, 76020 NINJAGO City. It will cost you just $299.99 for this beauty, and with that you’ll get 4,867 pieces. There are 16 minifigs included with this set: Jay, Kai and Lloyd Garmadon (each with new high school outfit decoration), Green Ninja Suit, Misako, Jamanakai Villager, Sally, Ivy Walker, Konrad, Severin Black, Tommy, Guy, Juno, Mother Doomsday, Shark Army Gunner and Officer Noonan, plus Sweep the maintenance robot.
Now, I’ve said it a few times, that even though the NINJAGO movie sets were under photo embargo at Toy Fair, they are worth waiting for and will be worth every penny. NINJAGO City is just gorgeous and is an amuse-bouche to what the rest of the line will look like. Save your pennies now kids, because 76020 NINJAGO City will be released on LEGO Shop@Home and Brand Retail locations on September 1, 2017. I assume all the other sets will too.
More pictures below, followed by the official press release. No designer video as far as I can tell.
I CAN’T WAIT!
70620 NINJAGO® City
Ages 16+. 4,867 pieces.
US $299.99 – CA $349.99 – DE 299.99€ – UK £259.99 – DK 2599.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Live the life of a ninja in NINJAGO® City!
Enjoy endless role-play fun in NINJAGO® City, a hugely-detailed 3-level model connected by a sliding elevator. Level 1 features a traditional fish market, house, a bridge over a stream, and a fishing boat. The second level has a modern fashion store, comic book store, crab restaurant with ‘crab-grilling’ function and cash-dispensing ATM. The vertical city is topped off with Lloyd Garmadon and Misako’s apartment, a rooftop sushi bar with sushi conveyor belt, and a radio tower. This action-packed THE LEGO® NINJAGO MOVIE™ set also includes 16 minifigures and Sweep the maintenance robot.
• Includes 16 minifigures: Jay, Kai and Lloyd Garmadon (each with new high school outfit decoration), Green Ninja Suit, Misako, Jamanakai Villager, Sally, Ivy Walker, Konrad, Severin Black, Tommy, Guy, Juno, Mother Doomsday, Shark Army Gunner and Officer Noonan, plus Sweep the maintenance robot.
• Features a 3-level model (each level lifts off for easy play) connected by a sliding elevator, plus a traditional fishing boat.
• Level 1 features a bridge, sewer outlet, stream with translucent-blue and translucent-green water elements, sliding elevator with room for a minifigure, traditional fish market with fish and crab elements, house with dining room and bedroom with sliding screen doors and foldout ‘solar panels’, Sweep the maintenance robot’s service station with assorted tool elements, and a taxi stand with telephone element.
• Level 2 features a modern fashion store with 2 mannequins and assorted NINJAGO® product elements, a construction site with a bonsai tree, a comic book store with brick-built sign, cashier desk, comic book stand with assorted elements including collectible NINJAGO training cards, a crab restaurant with brick-built crab entrance sign and oven with ‘crab-grilling’ function, a cash-dispensing ATM, 15 bank note elements (ATM can dispense up to 13), and a movie poster display stand with 4 interchangeable movie poster elements.
• Place the uncooked crab element in the oven, turn the dial and open the oven to reveal a cooked crab element.
• Press the handle behind the ATM to dispense bank note elements.
• Level 3 features a radio tower, modern rooftop sushi bar with sushi conveyor belt function and brick-built food, bathroom with sliding door, and brick-built puffer fish and squid sculptures, Lloyd Garmadon and Misako’s apartment with an opening window, bunk bed, kitchen unit and attic space for the Green Ninja Suit minifigure.
• Turn the dial to activate the sushi conveyor belt.
• Weapons include Jay’s chain with spike and Shark Army Gunner’s fish flame.
• Recreate and role-play exciting THE LEGO® NINJAGO® MOVIE™ scenes.
• NINJAGO® City measures over 24” (63cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 16” (42cm) deep.
• Traditional fishing boat measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning September 1, 2017 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:
US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111
©2017 Warner Bros. Ent. All rights reserved. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure and NINJAGO are trademarks and/or copyrights of the LEGO Group. ©2017 The LEGO Group.