Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

7754 Home One 30% Off

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

7754 Home One 30% Off

Postby Staff » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:27 am

This week from 2/21 through 2/27, Toys'R'Us is discounting 7754 Home Oneicon down 30% to $76.99. This deal is good both in store and online. If you missed out on the multiple Christmas sale bonanzas, now's your chance to make up for it. FBTB had a role in seeing Home One become a reality when we hosted a live chat with LEGO and TRU reps in helping flesh out ideas for the three sets, so it'll always have a special place in my heart.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/02/21/7754-home-one-30-off/
Staff

Re: 7754 <em>Home One</em> 30% Off

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:10 am

Hmm... on sale again? Maybe they are having trouble moving stock on this one?
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby etcknight » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:39 pm

You know people are going to be wanting this set later on once it's off the shelves. Always the case with these types of sets. People don't get them when they're at retail, then pay at eBay later on. Just look at Cloud City and Jabba Sail barge.
etcknight

Postby MisterFubar » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:46 pm

etcknight wrote:You know people are going to be wanting this set later on once it's off the shelves. Always the case with these types of sets. People don't get them when they're at retail, then pay at eBay later on. Just look at Cloud City and Jabba Sail barge.

I was thinking this exact thing as I'm one of the ones who missed out on Cloud City and the Sail barge and am almost willing to pay the secondary market prices on them... almost.

The Home One set cannot be beat for that price, it truly is one of my favorite OT sets, I'm seriously thinking about setting a few back for resale later.
MisterFubar

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:03 pm

According to TRU's online inventory-checker, a couple stores in my area had Home One in stock yesterday; today it's no longer available for inventory checking and, when I called the store itself, they said the item was now listed as "discontinued" in their computer system.

m19
Morgan19

Postby ricefields » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:55 pm

MisterFubar wrote:
etcknight wrote:You know people are going to be wanting this set later on once it's off the shelves. Always the case with these types of sets. People don't get them when they're at retail, then pay at eBay later on. Just look at Cloud City and Jabba Sail barge.

I was thinking this exact thing as I'm one of the ones who missed out on Cloud City and the Sail barge and am almost willing to pay the secondary market prices on them... almost.

The Home One set cannot be beat for that price, it truly is one of my favorite OT sets, I'm seriously thinking about setting a few back for resale later.

If you look at the other threads re home one discussion, I mentionned that price can be beat on ebay. They were selling them for as low as $66 plus shipping ($10) so you get it for $76 with no tax.
ricefields

Postby MShiels » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:10 am

I bet not anymore, now that TRU online has sold out, prices will start to creep up quickly!!
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby fredjh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:11 pm

[quote=staff]FBTB had a role in seeing Home One become a reality when we hosted a live chat with LEGO and TRU reps in helping flesh out ideas for the three sets, so it'll always have a special place in my heart.

So I picked this up today and am in the middle of building it. The A-Wing is a lot nicer than I figured it would be, I'm pretty happy about the deal. BTW, the TRU in Duluth, GA was pretty much fully stocked.

Anyway, since I've only been a member here well less than a year, while I know how FBTB can get involved in a "fan's choice" like this, I'm wondering how this particular scene came up. In other words, what made you guys decide this is what you wanted?
fredjh

Postby onions » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:33 am

TRU partners up with TLG every now and then to help bring something to the fans. The Home One set was one of three choices. The other being a Cloud CIty landing pad/Slave I scene, or arrest of palpatine set. So FBTB hosted a chat with TLG and reps from TRU to flesh out some ideas of what we sould like to see in each set. The actual determination of which set would become reality was determined by a poll hosted on TRU's website, hence the moniker of Fan's Choice. They recently did something similar with a City set.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby fredjh » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:42 am

So you guys didn't come up with the idea, just voted on it? I don't know that I would have picked it out of those choices, but I'm glad it won..
fredjh

Postby bigospedros » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:54 am

fredjh wrote:So you guys didn't come up with the idea, just voted on it? I don't know that I would have picked it out of those choices, but I'm glad it won..

details on what the set would actually contain were pretty vague though ... I suspect many people voted for this set for a) an Admiral Ackbar fig and b) a model of the actual Home One ship, rather than a hangar etc

In the end we didn't get that (obviously) but I still think it was the best of the 3 options ... afterall, we've got a new Slave I set anyway.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 pm

So it's totally off TRU.com now, but still on S@H at full retail. I expect it'll be sold out there too in the next month or so, maybe as part of a sale right before the summer stock comes in.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Return to Finds/Deals