Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB MOC Madness 2011 Building Tournament Announcement

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: FBTB MOC Madness 2011 Building Tournament Announcement

Postby SDIronClaw » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:57 pm

onions wrote:
SDIronClaw wrote:What is up with the lack of creativity when it comes to the contest theme?

Aside from a minimal set of requirements, this is one of the most open ended contests we run. The creativity is wholly placed on the shoulders of you who choose to submit an entry. Besides it was such a success last year, why fix what ain't broke?

If it bothers you that much, feel free to not enter. I'm sure your fellow moc'ers wouldn't mind the field being a little narrower. :p

I should say for the record we may not run the same theme for 2012.

Ace,

Not to make this a big deal, I am just expressing my point of view. Granted the Bounty Hunter is large theme and sure, last years contest was a huge success much like all FBTB contests. Just to clarify I am not questioning on how the contest is run, but more along the lines of using the same theme. I just think it would be more creative to build along the lines of a completely different theme. Jogging the mind so to speak. This contest isnt broke, far from it. I would just like to see a different catagory and perhaps a different theme. Like I said, personal opinion, and I just was wondering why the repeat theme. Feel free to delete this post if it is too much off tangent. Regards
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby onions » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:18 pm

not off tangent at all; a fair observation. i hope my tone didn't come off as anything more than jest, hence the emoticon ====> :p
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Veynom » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:08 am

Can you please explain exactly what is meant by this sentence ?
•No pre-existing or virtual models.

Does it mean we cannot create ships that exist in SW universe but do not exist in the Lego SW sets ?
Examples would be the Cygnus Gunboats, the YV-666, or the TIE-Scout.
--
Veynom
*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
My MOC Page - http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/68257
Star Wars Combine Online Game - http://www.swcombine.com
Veynom

Postby onions » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:11 am

Veynom wrote:Can you please explain exactly what is meant by this sentence ?
•No pre-existing or virtual models.

Does it mean we cannot create ships that exist in SW universe but do not exist in the Lego SW sets ?
Examples would be the Cygnus Gunboats, the YV-666, or the TIE-Scout.

well doing that wouldn't score you very many brownie points by your colleagues.

specifically though, "no pre-existing models" means your ship has to be new, not something you've built before and are deciding to just toss it in. "no virtual models" means your ship has to be built with real bricks, no mlcad lcad ldraw digital designer models
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Veynom » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:09 am

ok, got it, thank you, onions.
--
Veynom
*** This post is written on 100% recyclable electrons. ***
My MOC Page - http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/68257
Star Wars Combine Online Game - http://www.swcombine.com
Veynom

Postby Stardusty » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:32 am

That's awesome! Super Star Destroyer!!! Tantive IV!!! Republic Frigate!!! White Boba Fetts!!
You guys are crazy (in positive sense of that word). I'm looking forward to entering this contest.

Thank you for hosting it FBTB!
Stardusty

Postby Mr.Voltron » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:41 am

Oh wow, when my schedule was already busy enough with class and work.. and now I must find time to fit this epic contest it :) I can't wait to see the entries.. but first I must go begin brainstorming my own!
Mr.Voltron

Postby Daiman » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:08 am

I can only say that this competition will bring out the scarey best in all builders...good luck everyone.
Daiman

Postby Fatyankee » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:51 am

Hey there, ive been a away for a while and just stumbled upon this contest, I will definitely be entering , thanks for giving us plenty of time to create some great entries and thanks for putting up some amazing prizes
Fatyankee

Postby Walter Boy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:56 am

If I get the time, and come up with a good enough idea, I'd love to enter this! :D

Thanks for hosting such an awesome looking contest too. :D
Walter Boy

Postby -YY- » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:44 am

How widely are we allowed to customize our figures? are we allowed to use decals and such?
-YY-

Postby onions » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:06 am

-YY- wrote:How widely are we allowed to customize our figures? are we allowed to use decals and such?

please reread the rules.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby -YY- » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:01 pm

Okay I re-read it, and noticed the no cut sticker part... So I guess we are not allowed to customize on anyway, it has to be purist...?
Okay thanks
-YY-

Postby elijah » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Cool i already am starting my model. Just an Awsome contest, With the rules are we allowed to use Stickers that are on lego parts. Or do we have to take them off. :S

Good building to all
can't wait to see your models. This is the first moc i will ever post on the Internet. :| :) :D XD

Can't wait i have over 10 years of lego building Expertise.
Last edited by elijah on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The walking Encyclopedia and geek. My flicker is at this http://www.flickr.com/photos/elijahtheencyclopedia/
elijah

4est is in the house!

Postby ForestFeller » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:20 am

I am very excited about entering this contest! SW is one of my favorite themes to build in, but I haven't really built any SW MOCs lately, so I'm glad to have a good excuse to make one now. Last year there were plenty of very impressive entries, and I am sure there will be even more and better ones this year. I am in it to win it, or at the very least I am aiming to make it into the top 32.

I have already started serious work on my entry, so far its going awesome! I will be posting WIP shots to my Flickr photostream every few days, to show you guys how its going and to ask for your advice/opinions. Here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65992320@N05/

Thank you so much to FBTB for creating this awesome contest, may the best builder win!
ForestFeller

Re: 4est is in the house!

Postby onions » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:28 am

ForestFeller wrote: I will be posting WIP shots to my Flickr photostream every few days, to show you guys how its going and to ask for your advice/opinions. Here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65992320@N05/

Thank you so much to FBTB for creating this awesome contest, may the best builder win!

hi forestfeller and welcome!

please post wip shots and requests for help in the moc showcase forum. we want to keep this thread as clutter free as possible to make things easier for us once it's time to collect all the entries.
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: 4est is in the house!

Postby ForestFeller » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:07 pm

onions wrote:hi forestfeller and welcome!

please post wip shots and requests for help in the moc showcase forum. we want to keep this thread as clutter free as possible to make things easier for us once it's time to collect all the entries.

Oh I didnt mean I was planning on posting any WIP pics on this thread, just on my Flickr page. But thanks for the heads-up anyway!
ForestFeller

Postby GIJOE317 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Pax Mursa Bounty Hunter
Pax by gijoe317, on Flickr[/quote]

Starcutter
DSCI2076 by gijoe317, on Flickr

In the brig!
DSCI2088 by gijoe317, on Flickr
Last edited by GIJOE317 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
GIJOE317

Postby madLEGOman » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Hey guys, I know the rules say, a co-pilot/sidekick would be acceptable, but in light of the removal of size restrictions, if our ship runs on the biggish side of that (foot and half, maybe two), would it be acceptable to include a small crew, nothing crazy, not talking like making an entire faction or anything, just don't wanna end up with a ghost ship if you follow my meaning.
madLEGOman

Postby Solo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:06 am

Nope. "They can now have a sidekick/copilot" - crews need not apply.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds