Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Pellaeon's BTAS Batmobile

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Pellaeon's BTAS Batmobile

Postby Staff » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Batman: The Animated Series is probably the best animated series of all time and probably one of the best depictions of the Batman universe, like, ever. I fell in love with its art deco influences, especially the Batmobile, rendered pretty successfully here by Pellaeon:

LEGO Batmobile on Flickr

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/07/11/pellaeons-btas-batmobile/
Staff

Re: Pellaeon's BTAS Batmobile

Postby Pellaeon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Awesome, thanks for the shoutout! XD

I uploaded a slightly better version of that composition, but of course not until after I'd submitted that older one to a couple flickr groups… :facepalm:

New one:
Pellaeon

Postby onions » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:52 am

good work all around man. my most favorite batmobile ever.

one question: have you thought about using this piece for the roof?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby twentythree » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:59 am

That looks great! BTAS is the best cartoon of Batman. I just bought the hotwheels version yesterday at Toys R Us and it has bullet holes on the sides.
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby Pellaeon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:26 am

onions wrote:good work all around man. my most favorite batmobile ever.

Thanks! I did try that piece to avoid having sharp corners, but the added height made the cockpit way too tall. The windshield requires the whole cockpit to be at least 5 plates tall, which is already a bit taller than I'd like.

twentythree wrote:That looks great! BTAS is the best cartoon of Batman. I just bought the hotwheels version yesterday at Toys R Us and it has bullet holes on the sides.

I picked up that model too, to use as reference. It's pretty nice, though I think they've either widened the car or shortened it's length… the length is not nearly as exaggerated as it is in the TV show. I hate those bullet holes though — one of these days, I'll rub 'em off. XD
Pellaeon

Postby monkeyhand » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Sweet build, definitely one of my favorite cartoons from back in "the day" :lol:
monkeyhand

Postby vynsane » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:28 pm

I'm already designing mine in LDD ;)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby Robzula » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:09 pm

As much as I loved Batman TAS, I gotta say I love The Brave and the Bold just a little bit more. It's more super-hero-y, more fun, yet still keeps serious moments when appropriate (watch the episode Chill of the Night, it was astounding).

As for the model, it's quite nice. Captures the source material really well.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Pellaeon wrote:
onions wrote:good work all around man. my most favorite batmobile ever.

Thanks! I did try that piece to avoid having sharp corners, but the added height made the cockpit way too tall. The windshield requires the whole cockpit to be at least 5 plates tall, which is already a bit taller than I'd like.

twentythree wrote:That looks great! BTAS is the best cartoon of Batman. I just bought the hotwheels version yesterday at Toys R Us and it has bullet holes on the sides.

I picked up that model too, to use as reference. It's pretty nice, though I think they've either widened the car or shortened it's length… the length is not nearly as exaggerated as it is in the TV show. I hate those bullet holes though — one of these days, I'll rub 'em off. XD

i saw the bullet hole version today. didn't thrill me. glad i picked up a clean version at last year's comic con :-D
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Pellaeon » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:15 pm

onions wrote:i saw the bullet hole version today. didn't thrill me. glad i picked up a clean version at last year's comic con :-D

Ooh, I'm jealous. I read-up on decal removal online, but it looks a bit more involved than I'm interested in.

Anyways, based on some feedback, I've extended the length of my Batmobile by one stud... I do think it makes the proportions look better. More pics on flickr.

Pellaeon

Postby onions » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:18 pm

still looks like it needs to be longer.
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to Licensed Themes