For two days only, LEGO.com is offering double VIP points on all LEGO purchases. And since they’ll be raising prices on just about everything they sell, now would be a great time to stock up. The price increase will mostly scale with the price tag, mostly. But some sets will see a shocking increase of 25%! The price changes will take effect in August.
But again, since LEGO is offering Double VIP points today and tomorrow only, it might not be a bad idea to get things right now. Consider it a sale price before the price changes take effect.
Here are some sets with the current cost along with their new price tag:
- 71043 Hogwarts Castle | current price: $399 | new projected price: $469.99
- 76391 Hogwarts Icons – Collectors’ Edition | current price: $249.99 | new projected price: $299.99
- 10300 Back to the Future Time Machine | current price: $169.99 | new projected price: $199.99
- 10292 The Friends Apartments | current price: $149.99 | new projected price: $179.99
- As if this one didn’t feel overpriced already, 75324 Dark Trooper Attack | current price: $29.99 | new projected price: $34.99
- 75329 Death Star Trench Diorama | current price: $59.99 | new projected price: $69.99
- 21330 LEGO Ideas Home Alone | current price: $249.99 | new projected price: $299.99
- 42130 BMW M 1000 RR | current price: $229.99 | new projected price: $249.99
Again, this is just a sampling. ALL PRICES ARE GOING UP STARTING IN AUGUST. There isn’t a lot of time between now and then. This might be the last promotion before the price hike so if you were waiting for a GWP, it may not happen. I’m sorry if I sound alarmist, but this expensive hobby is going to become even way more expensive very soon.
And it is absolutely NOT a coincidence that this Double VIP promotion is happening at the same time as Prime Day.
FBTB is an affiliate partner with LEGO.com. If you click through a link in this post and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission. Thank you for your continued support.
You must log in to post a comment.