LEGO announced today their newest entry in the Modular Building series, 10264 Corner Garage. This 2,569 piece set will be available for purchase on January 1st, 2019 and will set you back $199.99.
The price is a bit higher than going average. Assembly Square aside, the last four modular buildings have been priced $169.99 (10260 Downtown Diner), $169.99 (10251 Brick Bank), $159.99 (10246 Detective’s Office) and $159.99 (10243 Parisian Restaurant). Among those, the Downtown Diner has the highest piece count at 2,480 and the same number of minifigs as Corner Garage.
My point in bringing that is up while the price has gone up, the rise in piece count does not match. I’m understanding of inflation and all but an almost 18% rise in price is how the term sticker shock came into being. The previous sets were always below $200, with enough cushion to have some cash leftover to get toilet paper and Advil, but two whole bills and then some if you have to pay for tax is a LOT. I don’t know, maybe my current financial situation is making me sensitive to spending huge amounts of money on a plastic toy.
I will say this though. Despite that price hike, the Modular Building series is still and has always been a great deal for the number of parts you get compared to what you pay. You get about 1,000 more pieces than a similarly priced set from, say, a licensed theme (compare 75190 First Order Star Destroyer at 1,416 pieces to the Downtown Diner at just $10 more and you see what I mean). And I’d argue that you get way more play out of it than some ugly grey triangle, further increasing it’s intangible value. But while the value is there, one will have to reach deeper into their wallet to keep up with the theme.
There is a 360 video below, a whole slew of pictures, and the official press release at the bottom. I’m sure there’s going to be a Designer Video released alongside this announcement. We’ll update this post with that if we bother to remember.
10264 Corner Garage Videoa
10264 Corner Garage Pictures
10264 Corner Garage Official Press Release
10264 Corner Garage
Ages 16+. 2,569 pieces
US $199.99 – CA $269.99 – DE 179.99€ – UK £159.99 – FR 189.99€ – DK 1,499DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Discover surprises on all levels at the Corner Garage!
Drop by the LEGO® Creator Expert 10264 Corner Garage, where you’ll discover a world of fun and surprises! This amazing model comes with removable building sections for easy access to the highly detailed interior and comprises 3 stories. On the ground level there’s a 1950s-style gas station with fuel pump, kiosk and a vehicle workshop complete with a roll-up door, vehicle lift and tire mounter. At the mid-level animal clinic you’ll find an examination table, fish tank, and a waiting area with sofa, while on the upper level you’ll discover a well-equipped apartment with kitchen, TV, sofa, bed and a staircase that leads to a rooftop terrace with sun lounger, parasol and flower garden. The exterior of the building features a classic 1950s facade with signage, detailed windows and a decorative roofline, plus a sidewalk area with a tree and an ornate streetlamp. This charming addition to the Modular Buildings series has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience, full of nostalgia. Also includes a scooter, tow truck and 6 minifigures, plus parrot, bunny, dog, frog and fish figures.
- Includes 6 minifigures: gas station owner, mechanic, vet, woman, man and a girl, plus bunny, parrot, dog, frog and fish figures.
- The 3-level Corner Garage advanced building set comes with an array of brick-built details, including a detailed 1950s-style facade with gas station signage, windows, bay windows, arched doorway, roll-up vehicle workshop door, decorative roofline and a rooftop terrace, plus a detailed sidewalk area with tree and ornate streetlamp. This set also includes a tow truck and a scooter.
- Ground level features a gas station with a bucket and a fuel pump with a flexible hose, plus a kiosk and a vehicle workshop for car service and repairs, featuring a cash register, tool rack and trolley, oil drum, tire mounter and working vehicle lift.
- Mid-level animal clinic features an examination table, parrot perch, fish tank and a waiting area with sofa, armchair, table and flowerpot, plus the animal doctor’s desk lamp, microscope, mug, newspaper, envelope, scissors and syringe.
- Upper-level apartment features a well-equipped kitchen with cookies baking in the oven, sink, pan, mug, salt and pepper, spoon and spatula, plus a sofa, bed, an old-fashioned TV, and a bathroom with toilet.
- Rooftop terrace features a sun lounger, parasol and flower garden.
- Tow truck features a working hoist.
- Accessory elements include a window squeegee and a crash helmet.
- Help the gas station assistant fill up the 1950s-style scooter.
- Roll up the door to access Jo’s vehicle workshop, complete with tire mounter and working vehicle lift.
- Remove the modular building sections to access the detailed interior.
- New-for-January-2019 decorated elements include an animal clinic window, service station sign and a printed octane gas pump.
- Special elements include new-for-January-2019 black ice skates, 2x6x2 window in sand blue, 1×1 medium gray roof tiles, 1×1 angle plate in dark blue and rare dark-orange elements in various shapes and sizes.
- Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Building 10243 Parisian Restaurant, 10255 Assembly Square and 10260 Downtown Diner.
- This set includes over 2,560 pieces.
- Measures over 12” (32cm) high, 10” (26cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep.
- Tow truck measures over 2” (6cm) high, 5” (14cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from 1st January, 2019
US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111
LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2018 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.