Teased for weeks, LEGO finally made an official announcement this morning for the James Bond Aston Martin DB5. It’s a LEGO Creator set in the same vein as the London Bus, the VW Beetle and Camper Van. 10262 James Bond Aston Martin DB5 costs $149.99 USD and comes with 1,290 pieces. As usual, LEGO released a ton of pictures and a couple of videos.
What’s interesting about the set of photos they provided is that they included a side-by-side with a real-life Aston Martin the set is based on. I’ve already heard comments on how bad the set looks and how wrong they got it. I don’t know, I think they got the hood down pretty good, but sides and back look off. It’s hard to achieve gentle sloping lines of a vehicle using a medium that is mostly straight lines and 90° angles. But I’m not a builder so what do I know. The designers packed in a ton of detail so it’s definitely something worth considering if you’re a James Bond or classic car fan.
Take a look at the image dump below and let me know what you think in the comments. You can buy the set right now as a VIP Member early access privilege. The set goes on sale officially for the public on August 1st.
All Of The Pictures
All Of The Videos
10262 James Bond Aston Martin DB5 Official Press Release
10262 LEGO® Creator Expert James BondTM Aston Martin DB5
Ages 16+. 1,290 pieces
US $149.99 – CA $179.99 – DE 149.99€ – UK £129.99 – FR 149.99€ DK – 1399DK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Uncover the secrets of the Bond… James Bond Aston Martin DB5!
Experience the James Bond Aston Martin DB5 with a wealth of sophisticated details and 007 gadgetry, including rotating license plates, ejector seat, tyre scythes and front wing machine guns.
Get a license to build with the awesome LEGO® Creator Expert 10262 James Bond Aston Martin DB5. This impressive replica model captures the elegance and timeless sophistication of Agent 007’s iconic 1964 sports car, and comes with a wealth of authentic details and functioning gadgetry. Open the doors and you’ll discover a detailed interior with a concealable tracking computer and a door compartment containing a telephone. And when it’s time for action, activate the passenger ejection seat, turn the rotating license plates, raise the rear-window bullet shield, deploy the wheel-mounted tire slashers and pull back the stick shift to reveal the front-wing machine guns. This collectible model car also features a detailed straight-6 engine, drum lacquered silver front and rear bumpers, molded silver-colored wire wheel rim inserts and front and rear Aston Martin logos. The model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia—a must-have for fans of the Aston Martin DB5, James Bond movies and LEGO building sets.
• Authentic replica of the world-famous 1964 Aston Martin DB5 sports car, featuring a classic design with drum lacquered silver front and rear bumpers, molded silver-colored wire wheel rim inserts, opening trunk, hood and doors, and a wealth of James Bond gadgetry, including a working ejection seat, rotating license plates, rear-window bullet shield, front-wing machine guns and wheel mounted tire slashers.
• This LEGO® James Bond Aston Martin DB5 model also features opening doors and a detailed interior with a concealable tracking computer and door compartment with telephone.
• Lift the hood to check out the straight-6 engine detailing.
• Pull back the rear bumper to eject unwelcome passengers.
• Rotate the license plates, raise the rear-window bullet shield and deploy the wheel-mounted tyre scythes
• Pull back the stick shift to reveal the front-wing machine guns.
• Own this collectible replica of the Aston Martin DB5, as featured in the classic James Bond Goldfinger movie.
• New-for-August-2018 special elements include a drum-lacquered macaroni connector, 2×4 tile and 1m beam, plus a printed 1×2 tile with grille pattern.
• Measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.