Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Clone Wars: “Carnage Of Krell”

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Clone Wars: “Carnage Of Krell”

Postby Staff » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:21 pm

The Clone Wars Carnage of Krell preview

Friday's episode of The Clone Wars brings the final part of the Umbara saga. As this preview video shows Rex has a hard decision to make.

With two of his men facing execution for disobeying orders, Captain Rex must confront his overly aggressive commander, General Krell. Risking charges of mutiny, Rex must make a dark choice as the true face of the enemy emerges.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/11/14/the-clone-wars-%e2%80%9ccarnage-of-krell%e2%80%9d/
Staff

Re: The Clone Wars: “Carnage Of Krell”

Postby sparkart » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:53 am

I'm looking forward to this!
sparkart

Postby ForestFeller » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:05 pm

We will launch a full-forward assault, immedaitely! -.-
ForestFeller

Postby Walter Boy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:28 pm

It'd be pretty mindblowing (and disturbingly dark) if the episode ends with the clones literally fighting General Krell to the death. I don't know if this will happen, but it'd make for an interesting story.

Also, did anyone notice the cameo of 'Appo' in this story arc? I'm not sure which episode it was, but I remember it being pretty neat. :)
Walter Boy

Postby zwolya » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:50 pm

The episode of the season, no doubt in my mind!!
zwolya

Postby Bellicose » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:17 am

Yeah, that was amazing. If only it could whitewash some of the other stuff earlier this season and last.

Still, it might have sucked me back in a bit!
Bellicose

Postby Solo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:56 am

I haven't been following the show at all, but woke up and this was on and I'm glad I caught it. Shame to hear the rest of the episodes weren't up to this level.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby OOM-9 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:41 pm

Wow, what a complete change of direction from the *sigh* other episodes this season. These episodes on Umbara are easily among my favorite episodes of the entire series next to "Rookies".
OOM-9

Good, but could have been better...

Postby sparkart » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:48 pm

I thought it was a bit of a cop out to have Krell espousing selfish gain and turning to evil, rather than pushing his hard-line agenda for the sake of victory. I mean, the best villains are those that think they're actually doing good, like Ozymandias in Watchmen, or the Joker in Nolan's The Dark Knight.

I really thought Krell was going to be one of those rationalizing villains, where the audience must admit..."He's got a good point." But instead, we get Krell turning self-serving and just plain evil, instead of fancy, complicated, interesting evil.

Also, it was a bit of a let-down that the clones themselves give up on due process and procedure and decide to eliminate the general themselves after they had captured him. So, what does that teach kids? It's okay to break the rules, if the rules aren't working? Actually, if you think about it, civil disobedience IS about breaking the law to get the law changed, but that's a larger discussion.
Last edited by sparkart on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
sparkart

Postby fallenangel327 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:27 am

I definitely agree. The moment Krell pulled out his lightsabes in this episode seemed like the moment the scriptwriters gave up on an interesting story and just said "Whatever, we'll make him turn to the dark side" because they couldn't think of anything better. I would also liked to have seen Krell push for victory, and maybe even achieve victory; it would have given us a new view of Jedi at war (within this series anyway).
fallenangel327

Postby sparkart » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:57 am

Like Maul, Krell was killed too early. I would've liked to have seen him led away, alive, in binders, and relieved of his war duties, confined to Coruscant. I mean, he could still be a Jedi, doing academic Jedi things on Coruscant, like training Jedi or advising the Senate on war strategy.

You know, I would've really loved to see him go rogue, and doing his own thing, like going after Grievous without a coordinated plan from the Jedi or military, in a misguided attempt to attain victory for the Republic. Can you imagine him and Grievous duking it out saber-a-saber?
sparkart

Postby fallenangel327 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:54 pm

Well, then it'd be Nahdar Vebb all over again. :lol:

I do wish they had written in a less cliche explanation for the clones shooting at each other. That should have been a result of Krell's recklessness more than anything else.
fallenangel327

Postby volumex » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Going after the 'General' would have been a cool direction, an outside mission but inline with good intentions for the Republic, maybe even a bounty hunter partnership of sorts :lol:
volumex

Postby StoutFiles » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:14 pm

sparkart wrote:Like Maul, Krell was killed too early. I would've liked to have seen him led away, alive, in binders, and relieved of his war duties, confined to Coruscant. I mean, he could still be a Jedi, doing academic Jedi things on Coruscant, like training Jedi or advising the Senate on war strategy.

Maul is loveable because he didn't stick around long and didn't talk much, unlike all the other horrible prequel trilogy characters. Had he survived (in the movies) he wouldn't be as well liked.
StoutFiles

Return to Star Wars