Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Buy LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 at Target, Get $10 Gift Card

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[USA] Buy LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 at Target, Get $10 Gift Card

Postby Staff » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Looking for a deal on the latest LEGO Harry Potter video game? Well, if you pick the game up at Target when the game releases next Friday, November 11, you'll get a $10 gift card to go along with that purchase. Unlike Amazon's $10 credit which only applies to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, Target's offer will be valid on all platforms (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, DS, PSP, and PC).

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/11/03/usa-buy-lego-harry-potter-years-5-7-at-target-get-10-gift-card/
Staff

Re: [USA] Buy LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 at Target, Get $1

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Oooh, I'll be doing that, then. Is this a "while supplies last" sort of thing on the cards, or do you figure they will have enough cards for any and all copies of the game they have?
Mister Ed

Postby cas » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:53 pm

I believe it's "limited quantities" mixed with "no rainchecks." I would assume they would have an ample supply of gift cards on hand because they are offering this deal on a few other popular games (and movies) as well, such as Skyrim, which also comes out on November 11. It might be best to play it on the safe side and pick up what you want as early as you can though.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Is that Ginny who is clutching Ron's leg? :shock: :facepalm:
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:23 pm

I think it's Lavender Brown.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:51 am

Ah, I see. After a visit to a Harry Potter Wiki article, I must have missed her ethnicity change during the movies. :S
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:57 am

I really hope they honor this on the PC version. I saw absolutely nothing in the ad that limited it to certain versions, and the pricing for the PC version was even listed, so I can't see how they would, BUT this seems like too good of a deal to be true on PC ($10 gift card from a $30 purchase) and in my experience if it SEEMS like to good a deal to be true, the store WILL try to deny it.
Mister Ed

Postby Coret » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:22 pm

I can't see why they wouldn't do the $30 PC version since they definitely include the $30 NDS version. Which is what I usually get my kids. Can't beat getting it for just about $20. Now time to see if they will let me get the Lego Gift cards for the $10 Gift Card.
Coret

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:37 am

GRRRR! I stopped by Target at opening this morning to pick this up for PC, and get my $10 gift card.

Not available.

When will it be available?

We don't know, it is up to the manufacturer, which has recalled ALL PC versions as DEFECTIVE.

Will the $10 gift card offer, which you ADVERTISED for the PC version, still be available when you DO get copies?

Sorry, we cannot confirm that.

I KNEW it was too good to be true. :(
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:22 am

Got confirmation. They will NOT honor this offer for the PC version, since they never actually put any on the shelf during the promotion period. Despite advertising it. Frankly, I would have happily bought a known defective copy to get the deal, and exchanged it when they got good ones, but that wasn't allowed.

And now I find no sign of WHEN the PC version will even be available. Amazon has completely pulled it. Nobody else has it, or knows when it might surface.
Mister Ed

Return to Finds/Deals