Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Licensed Theme Ideas

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Licensed Theme Ideas

Postby onions » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:04 pm

Isaac5 wrote:YES! if we get marvel, than wolverine hands!!!!

we kinda already got something that substitutes really well in the prince of persia line, from the Desert Attack set:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=88811

also id like to see how they do the hulk, since he gets all big.

maybe like hagrid? :lol:
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Isaac5 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:59 am

Sorry I don't know anything about Harry Potter.

i hope that is'n't what the use for wolvie's hands, custom hands would be so cooler!
Isaac5

Postby EbonHawk » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:21 pm

I've always been thinking wouldn't it be awesome if Lego put out Call of Duty legos or other video games like Mario and stuff.
EbonHawk

Postby Bricks McBlock » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm

I think a Spartan/Roman/Greek/Hoplite line would be great. I think those would be the best. Especially since Lego now has the molds for the helmets from the Spartan figs and considering how well the little fellas sold out. (I haven't managed to get one :'( )
We came here to Block!
Bricks McBlock

Postby ka.lego » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:55 am

Did a quick search of old posts and saw that Darth Kraven and Inzane suggested a TRON theme a while back...I echo it. I think it's a property that would be perfect in brick-form. Check out this awesome newly revealed concept art via io9.com and I'm sure it'll set off some lightbulbs (pun intended) for MOC possibilities. Get your trans-blue/red/yellow on. I know that Disney's making a hard push for this as a franchise with the new movie, new animated series, and some TRON-related attractions / window-dressings (and possible pavilions) in their amusement parks. LEGO & Disney...make it so.
ka.lego

Postby ka.lego » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Just came back from TRON: Legacy, and my suspicions were validated...this movie would make for some GREAT Lego models!!! (Not to mention the possibility of some pretty cool features/pieces, eg light-up action to the max, round 1x1 tiles for discs, cool minifig helmets.) If only I had more transparent pieces to MOC away. Heh. My brother is an "Imagineer" at Disney who's next door to their product licensing folks. Been bugging him to put that in peoples' ears over there. If they did it for Prince of Persia of all things, why not TRON? With the animated series and all coming out, they'll get us nerdy AFOL's who've held the original TRON in a special place in our hearts (right next to Star Wars) as well the new younger fans they pick up this year. Oh well, just had to geek out on the forums.
ka.lego

Postby ka.lego » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Of course, my giddiness for TRON Lego is by no means new or original. Just thought I'd share some related links to MOCers doing their TRONified thing.

Quorra statue (LDD)
TRON: Legacy Light Cycle
Tron OG spoof in Lego
Sam & Quorra minifigs with new light cycle
ka.lego

Postby iknownothing34 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:50 pm

I would absolutely love a TRON theme. Here are my ideas.

Lightcycle Battle: 8.99 Comes with Sam and Clu with 2 lightcycles and the discs.

Quorra's Light Runner: 29.99 Comes with Sam and Quorra, the lightcycle, and the discs.

Flynn's Arcade: 44.99 Comes with Sam, Alan, and Sam's motorcycle. Inside, there are a bunch of arcade games, and the tron game that leads to the hidden room with the lazer thing.

End of the Line Club: 49.99 Comes with Castor, Gem, Sam, Quorra, Kevin Flynn, Clu, two Clu Henchmen, and two DJ's. Comes with bar tables, couches, Castor's private room, and the elevator.

Disc Battle: 14.99 Comes with Sam, Tron, one Siren, and two enemies.

The Hideaway: 24.99 Comes with Sam, Quorra, and Kevin Flynn. Also comes with bookshelves, three rooms, dinner table, and couches.

That's really about it for me...
iknownothing34

Postby General Weegee » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:55 am

I think there should be more Tron sets from the 1982 movie. For example:
Lightcycles-Contains a blue and a yellow lightcycle. Comes with Sark and Tron. ($20)
Recognizer-Comes with Kevin Flynn and Ram. ($30)
Clu's Tank-Comes with Clu and Bit. ($30)
Discs of Tron-Comes with 4 gladiators and Tron ($10)
General Weegee

Postby theone » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:58 am

iknownothing34 wrote:I would absolutely love a TRON theme. Here are my ideas.

Lightcycle Battle: 8.99 Comes with Sam and Clu with 2 lightcycles and the discs.

Quorra's Light Runner: 29.99 Comes with Sam and Quorra, the lightcycle, and the discs.

Flynn's Arcade: 44.99 Comes with Sam, Alan, and Sam's motorcycle. Inside, there are a bunch of arcade games, and the tron game that leads to the hidden room with the lazer thing.

End of the Line Club: 49.99 Comes with Castor, Gem, Sam, Quorra, Kevin Flynn, Clu, two Clu Henchmen, and two DJ's. Comes with bar tables, couches, Castor's private room, and the elevator.

Disc Battle: 14.99 Comes with Sam, Tron, one Siren, and two enemies.

The Hideaway: 24.99 Comes with Sam, Quorra, and Kevin Flynn. Also comes with bookshelves, three rooms, dinner table, and couches.

That's really about it for me...

it wouldn't work becaus lego doesn't glow
theone

Postby Flynn » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:40 pm

theone wrote:it wouldn't work becaus lego doesn't glow

Ahem...

joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby theone » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:56 am

But its to big i stand by my point
theone

Postby Flynn » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:21 pm

Ahem...

Okay, all kidding aside, my point is that LEGO is perfectly capable of putting lights in their creations if they want to. Really, though, it's beside the point, as I think the ability of the creations to "glow" is one of the less important things about a Tron line.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby MisterFubar » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:38 pm

While a Tron line could produce some interesting sets and pieces I don't think it would be a good money maker for LEGO, there are only so AFOLs and misguided grandparents to buy the sets. The Tron action figure/toy display at my local Target and Walmart looks like it's sat untouched since they put them up.
MisterFubar

Postby Walter Boy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:54 am

I decided to throw this out there as a 'possible' theme Lego could do.

Lego Lone Ranger!

If the POTC and Cars lines prove profitable, Lego might like the idea of continuing licenses with Disney. As this film is due out (I think) next year, it seems like it's a possible canidate for Lego to consider. I certainly wouldn't mind some western themed sets with nice colors and pieces. I'm sure Lego would make some nifty minifigures too.
Walter Boy

Postby majortom » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:03 am

I'd much rather see a generic/original LEGO western brand. I feel that the more LEGO goes down the route of branded/ licensed theme, the more LEGO loses its identity. The only thing that licensed sets would bring to LEGO is more flesh minifigures- this is the only positive I can see from these potential licensed sets. Original, non-licensed sets are cheaper too! I'm pretty happy as we are with Star Wars and the handfull of licensed lines we have at the moment, so I'm afraid that there really arent any more licensed sets I'd like to see. Jus' sayin'. Sorry!
-Although I do admit that after seeing the Tron movie did motivate me to pick up my LEGO as soon as I got home. I dont think Tron is a particularly suited candidate for Lego representation; not only did it flop (a little) at the box office, the designs of the vehicles etc aren't suited to be represented in minifigure scale, at least with the current range of bricks we have at our disposal; look at the wheels of the light cycle for example. The light up brick is a good idea though, so I take my hat off to you, Flynn! Lego would have to produce a lot of new moulds to make this a reality. It may be suited to a technic line though.

I dont mean to sound negative, but having grown up with LEGO, I might be a little 'traditional', other than Star Wars and maybe Indiana Jones, the original sets are the way forward for me!

and @theone: check out the 10217, you get a handful of glow in the dark bricks for construction of Bourgin & Burkes! And there's always the classic ghost minifig!
majortom

Postby Walter Boy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:28 am

Majortom, I wouldn't mind a generic western theme either! and I understand your fear with licenses. I too have felt the horror that Lego might be losing it's identity with licensed themes.
However, I really don't care about what kind of western theme we'd get. As long as we would get one I'd welcome it with open arms! ;)
Walter Boy

Lego Marvel?

Postby Italian Samurai » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Now that Lego has a deal with Disney, and Disney owns Marvel, does anyone think it's likely we'll see the return of Lego Spider-Man (Especially with the Spider-Man reboot movie coming out soon), and possibly some other Marvel licences? (I would personally LOVE to see a Lego Iron Man or X-Men line)
Italian Samurai

Postby cas » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:47 pm

More Marvel based Lego sets is dependent on whoever is currently licensed to produce merch for Marvel. If Megabloks still holds the Marvel license, and signed for several years, then they still have it. Disney gaining ownership of Marvel didn't render licensing contracts void. Likelihood of new Spider-man sets: Unlikely. I must admit though, I wouldn't mind having Martin Sheen, Sally Field, and Denis Leary minifigs. :D
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Italian Samurai » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:09 am

I just want Marvel sets based on the comics, not necessarily the new films (Thor, X-Men: First Class, Captain America), but like how the early Lego Batman line was based off the comics (Until Dark Knight came around).

Me, being more of a DC Comics fan, would like to see a line based on the entire DC Universe. It's a perfect time: The Green Lantern movie, DC Universe Online, and the upcoming Batman: Arkham City game being starting points....
Italian Samurai

PreviousNext

Return to Licensed Themes