Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Prop kit questions, please help

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Prop kit questions, please help

Postby Wash » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Hello all I was thinking of purchasing the STARFORTRESS clone scout helmet prop kit. Unfortunately I am a complete noob at things like this so I am in need of some help. First off is how much work does this entail? It mentions being pre sanded but will I still have to do surface prep? I know it wont be a one day job but I do need to know what I should expect. I would also like to tint the visor its proper color, green so some tips on that would be helpful. Last is paint job, if anyone has any tips on painting camo, battle damage or other small details that'd be awesome.here is the link to the helmet on their eBay store. EDIT: Oh jeez I just realized I did the url renaming thing wrong I'm new here can anyone tell me how to do that. :x
Last edited by Wash on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wash

Re: Prop kit questions, please help

Postby theJudeAbides » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Unfortunately, I can't help with your actual question, as I don't really know what you're talking about. However, I can help you with your forum code problem.

First of all, You need to remove the "code" tags from your line. That tag is used to disable the effects of all other forum tags for the purpose of giving examples, and thus, no links will work when they are presented inside of it.

Next, the only tag you need to use is the "url" code (which you did use as well). However, your usage is slightly off. Instead of:
Code: Select all
here[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/Clone-Scout-Helmet-Prop-Kit-not-BARC-star-wars-fans-/280545136046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4151cb0dae#ht_4185wt_1141[/url]

You should instead have:
Code: Select all
[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/Clone-Scout-Helmet-Prop-Kit-not-BARC-star-wars-fans-/280545136046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4151cb0dae#ht_4185wt_1141]here[/url]

Which yields:
here

Since you're new to BBC code, I'd suggest reading the BBC Code Guide, specifically, the Creating Links section.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Wash » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Thanks Jude I'll do that
Wash

Postby Solo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:16 pm

There are step by step instructions with required material and tool list linked in the ebay listing, but the short version is you're in for quite a project. Yes, you will have to do surface prep. Several stages. Also, the lenses are opaque black according to the listing so you won't be able to tint them at all (or see through them for that matter, I hope you weren't planning on wearing it). As for specifics I can't help you too much since I've never tried finishing a helmet, let along a fiberglass one, but I will recommend that you sign up at the 501st site or TheForce.net's costuming forum because you'll probably find someone who's bought one of these already.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Wash » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:20 pm

I read that guide, it confused me greatly.
Wash

Postby Solo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:50 pm

All the more reason to seek knowledgeable help from a forum focused on prop replicas and costumes instead of this lot. ;)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to BCS 2.0