Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape... Where Did That Come From?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape... Where Did That Come From?

Postby Staff » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Not seen on any lists of the upcoming LEGO Super Heroes DC line up that I'm aware of, forum member Dano Anonymous Tipster pointed out the abrubt appearence of this set on LEGO Shop@Home. At $40 US for 380 pieces and five oustanding figures I'd much rather pick this set up than the 6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham City set. The site says it will be available December 15th and I for one see this as the only other must have besides the solitary Sumperman/Wonder Woman set 6862 Superman vs Power Armour Lex.

Harley Quinn for the win folks.

edit by onions: who the heck is Sumperman?

edit by buriedbybricks: he's like Superman, but kryptonite has no affect on him?
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/12/09/6857-the-dynamic-duo-funhouse-escape-where-did-that-come-from/
Staff

Re: 6857 The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape... Where Did That C

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:31 pm

YES! This is exactly the kind of set I was hoping for from the line! I can't wait to pick this up.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby banthafodder » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:37 pm

I agree. I was not interested in any of the sets but this one looks fantastic. Definitely a must purchase for the new year.
banthafodder

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:08 pm

This is absolutely the best set we've seen so far from the Super Heroes line. Joker, Harley Quinn, AND the Riddler in one set?! Not to mention classic Batman (in blue) and Robin, and the whole affair is even reasonably priced! This is definitely a must-have in 2012.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Lich_Barrister » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:14 am

Set with the Joker, Robin, and a crowbar? All we need is a 1-900 number to complete the picture...
Lich_Barrister

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:06 am

I'm guessing its a retailer exclusive, and that's why it wasn't in the catalogs that leaks normally come from.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby legomason » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:35 am

I see two Riddler heads. Extra in the booth next to Harley.

Nice triangular composition there.
legomason

Postby buriedbybricks » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:48 am

Yes, I'm excited by the extra head/hat combo. I shall turn the hat around and make a Dum Dum Dugan fig to hang out with Cap.
buriedbybricks

Postby Sharpie Clone » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:57 am

Honestly, the set isn't that great looking IMO. It's the figures that make it good and the brick/dollar ratio. I like the Batmobile/Two-face set better. I missed out on all the previous Batman sets before, so having the Batmobile would be nice.
Sharpie Clone

Postby Mofo Jones » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:19 am

If I get any of these sets, I'll pick this one up. Nice figure mix and it's not a half-assed rehash of a prior Batman set. Now all LEGO has to do is make a decent set of the Batmobile from the 60s TV series and I'll be a happy AFOL.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Lego junkie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:51 am

Do I see a... Bowler hat?
Looks like I'll be making the Captian America team when I get this.
:D
Lego junkie

Postby batsamd » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Really nice set. Not a big fan of the new Harley, would have preferred one of the nice new Joker goons like in the Batwing set.

Also, think Riddler would have looked with a green suit print and the bolwer hat.

It's nice to get a decent villan hideout, compared to the cheesy Riddler and Bane's hideout from the last Batman sets.

Overall, a definite buy for me, especially after the other rehashed Batman sets out this wave.
batsamd

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm surprised the Riddler's hat is grey. Is that comic accurate? I would've expected it to be green, it looks odd to me in grey.

Minor quibble aside, I may have found the Batman set I will pick up. I was going to go for the cheapest means of getting a Batman minifig in a set, but was unimpressed with the Catwoman one (plus the Batman in it didn't even come with a cape?!). This looks great to me. I'll probably get this and the Superman set, then just sit back and wait for them to get over their Batman fixation and give me a Green Lantern vs. Sinestro set.
Mister Ed

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:03 pm

Mister Ed wrote:I'm surprised the Riddler's hat is grey. Is that comic accurate? I would've expected it to be green, it looks odd to me in grey.

I looked into the hideous printing on Two-Face and found that it was comic accurate going waaaaay back, so I believe they are willing to dig pretty deep to bring new looks to some of the villains this go round. I remember Gorshin having a dark hat with a question mark on it before he switched to the unitard on the classic series at the very least.

I for one love that the hat is grey because a green bowler would be a lot harder to turn around an re-use like in my previous Dum Dum Dugan comment.
buriedbybricks

Postby Chief » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Yeah, totally a must-buy for me. Awesome set and great price
Chief

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:
Mister Ed wrote:I'm surprised the Riddler's hat is grey. Is that comic accurate? I would've expected it to be green, it looks odd to me in grey.

I looked into the hideous printing on Two-Face and found that it was comic accurate going waaaaay back, so I believe they are willing to dig pretty deep to bring new looks to some of the villains this go round. I remember Gorshin having a dark hat with a question mark on it before he switched to the unitard on the classic series at the very least.

I for one love that the hat is grey because a green bowler would be a lot harder to turn around an re-use like in my previous Dum Dum Dugan comment.

Yeah, I can see that. Though even with that consideration in mind, I would've thought it would look better as a black bowler with a green questionmark.
Mister Ed

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Black would be cool in a future iteration. My only concern would be that it would look too much like the toque LEGO puts on all the regular criminals.
buriedbybricks

Postby GIR3691 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:32 am

I go by the Animated Series as the old stand-by. I'd rather get him with a green suit, question mark-shaped cane, and a green bowler hat. His original appearance was in a green unitard covered in question marks with no hat, but that's just ridiculous. I see for this set they gave him a crowbar, which bears a passing resemblance to his cane, but it would have been cool to get a newly molded accessory. Pharaoh's Quest got its own cane!
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Pellaeon » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:43 am

GIR3691 wrote:I go by the Animated Series as the old stand-by. I'd rather get him with a green suit, question mark-shaped cane, and a green bowler hat. His original appearance was in a green unitard covered in question marks with no hat, but that's just ridiculous. I see for this set they gave him a crowbar, which bears a passing resemblance to his cane, but it would have been cool to get a newly molded accessory. Pharaoh's Quest got its own cane!

I agree completely. This figure is much better than the earlier Riddler figure (the worst of the original Batman figures, imho), but it still isn't great: too many questions marks (stacked vertically,too), no custom cane, gray hat instead of green. I still want one, though. XD
Pellaeon

Postby Coret » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Well I stopped by my local Legion Store in Troy MI, and they told me they will be most likely getting these in store on Tuesday. Just figured I would mention this.
Coret

Next

Return to Licensed Themes