Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Brand Retail Store Grand Opening at Mission Viejo, CA

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

LEGO Brand Retail Store Grand Opening at Mission Viejo, CA

Postby Staff » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:29 pm

The Shops at Mission Viejo will now have a LEGO Brand Retail store to add to their list of ... shops. The grand opening event is happening all weekend starting today through Sunday October 9. A master model builder will be on hand and you can help construct an "8-foot tall" SpongeBob Squarepants. Seeing as to how he's sitting, I'm not entirely sure that it will actually end up being 8 feet tall. They will also be giving away a set of store opening exclusive minifigures and t-shirts. If history is any indication, the minifigures will be given away with a minimum purchase to the first 100 or so customers on Saturday, and the t-shirt the same way on Sunday. The address to The Shops and store hours are:

555 The Shops at Mission Viejo
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
(949) 347-6867

Store Hours:
Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/10/07/lego-brand-retail-store-grand-opening-at-mission-viejo-ca/
Staff

Re: LEGO Brand Retail Store Grand Opening at Mission Viejo,

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:16 pm

The minifigs are given to the first 300 customers with a minimum purchase of $35, and if the picture is any indication, it will be the same minifigs they gave out at South Coast Plaza, which is kinda lame IMO, but oh well.

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/Mission%20Viejo/birthday.aspx?CMP=EMC-BR2011October-MissionViejoGO_US&HQS=Sec1_img&RRID=1293998&RMID=SAH_2011_10_StoreOpening_MissionViejo_PR_US
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby onions » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:59 pm

you know, i was looking for that page... i fail at the internet
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby spacysmoke » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:52 pm

The figures are different from the Costa Mesa figs...I actually would have preferred if they were the same now.
spacysmoke

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Ah, thanks for sharing that with us! Hm, that blows. There's nothing really exclusive about these figs. Do they at least have anything written on the back like the South Coast figs?
I'm glad I didn't drive all the way out there for this now.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby spacysmoke » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:08 pm

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:Ah, thanks for sharing that with us! Hm, that blows. There's nothing really exclusive about these figs. Do they at least have anything written on the back like the South Coast figs?
I'm glad I didn't drive all the way out there for this now.

Yes, they have the text on the back, so they are unique in that sense.
I'm really disappointed they decided on these torsos. I'm wondering if they just took whatever torsos they had in abundance from the Build-a-Minifigure kiosks.

At least the yellow hardhat and trans dark pink mug are kind of rare.
spacysmoke

Postby etcknight » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Was thinking about driving down to SD for the Fashion Valley opening. Now, I'm not so sure. Wish we knew what sort of figure set was going to be given out. :S
etcknight

Return to General LEGO Discussions