Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle

View comments and rate sets in this forum.

Rating

50%
50%

Total votes : 2

7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle

Postby Staff » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:16 am

Rate this set using the poll options above.

You may add a mini review and comments by following the format below:

Code: Select all
[b]Pros:[/b] It's awesome!

[b]Cons:[/b] It sucks!

[b]Comments:[/b] Comments go here.

Please be brief and concise. Any posts not following this format will be deleted. If you're interested in submitting a full review, please visit our reviews forum.

Set Guide Entry: 7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle
Staff

Re: 7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle

Postby zwolya » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:13 am

Pros:
-a good source of many large pieces: wedge plates, tiles with studs only on the edges, the cockpit assembly is HUGE
-the Shuttle's printed canopy, which is very sleek and multi-purposeable
-the engine assemblies are impressive and include hard-to-find 2x2 round trans-light blue bricks
-the T-6 has a cute little kick-stand that enables it to stay balanced upright when on display (this feature is not evident on the box or in the instructions)
-the wing assembly rotates smoothly around the rest of the sip, but the click-positioning of older sets is sorely missed
-the minifigs...although of course they hike the overall price, Shaak Ti and Saesee Tiin are just incredible, and the metallic silver lightsaber hilts are the best yet

Cons:
-Anakin and Obi-Wan *sigh*
-the large number of stickers, which is especially bad in this set, since the T-6 is already so bland, omitting the stickers is almost as bad as having to deal with putting them on
-the cockpit...they could have done so much with this, especially with the special canopy, but no, they fill in half of it with solid bricks, and add enough tiles to the remaining space to only let two minifigs sit diagonally from one another
-the price point, which I know has been a matter of much contension here and on other AFOL sites

Comments:
-the T-6 was the set of the January line I was most looking forward to, but I cannot help being a little disappointed by it. The ship has a very cool design, but not one that would be hard to duplicate (using pieces from any decent collection) for a much lower price and while streamlining out the cons of the official set.
zwolya

Re: 7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle

Postby Rook » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:49 am

I purchased this set last week, so while it is till fresh in my mind...

Pros: New Jedi! :D Nice new printed windshield and the large gear piece.

Cons: I was really bummed by the price, $90 CAD with tax for about 380 pieces. Large visible gaps in ego pit. System Scale instead of Minifigure Scale.

Final Comments: For set collector it's a must. For builder it gives a few new pieces. For everyone else is sadly over priced and lacking in playability for set this "large" and pricy.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Return to Star Wars Set Guide: Ratings and Comments