Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The sarlacc Model Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: The sarlacc Model Contest

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Draykov wrote:Truthfully, I've been kind of out of the loop on the contest. Wasn't sure if it was open forum judging or what. I assumed the ninja scrutiny monkeys had been hard at work for days already.

Yeah, I really don't think it's a good idea to have an open vote. It gives more well-known MOCers more attention, and they will probably be the ones who get the most votes. Whether they deserve it or not, I don't know. I just feel it's too biased to have it be done by us.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Xiphos Systems » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:51 pm

ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:
Draykov wrote:Truthfully, I've been kind of out of the loop on the contest. Wasn't sure if it was open forum judging or what. I assumed the ninja scrutiny monkeys had been hard at work for days already.

Yeah, I really don't think it's a good idea to have an open vote. It gives more well-known MOCers more attention, and they will probably be the ones who get the most votes. Whether they deserve it or not, I don't know. I just feel it's too biased to have it be done by us.

I always went the opposite way...saved my votes for the underdogs. Guess everybody's got different voting strategies though.

When was the last time fbtb had a contest without community voting? I remember it happening at some point, but I don't remember exactly which contest it was...
Xiphos Systems

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Well, yeah, I don't really want to vote for them because they'll probably get enough votes. I'm new so I don't really know how this is going to work. How will we be voting?
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Solo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Voting is simply a flawed system. Public polls are subject to cheating attempts and favoritism, private judging is just as easily influenced with a huge dose of suspicion thrown in. Of the options available public voting is the lesser evil and that is what we have planned. I think.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Xiphos Systems » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:21 pm

I like the idea of being able to vote for 3 favorites, at least in the first round. It might sound dangerous to have 3 times as many votes thrown around, but I think it would do a fair amount to dilute the favoritism folks are afraid of. Plus, it would force all the contestants to cast some votes for other builders besides themselves.
Xiphos Systems

Postby Solo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:15 am

The poll will be posted tomorrow, everyone will get three votes in the first round, and it will run for ten days as originally planned. I've checked all the entries and cleared up a few noncompliance issues, we have 42 that qualified and 1 pending. carbea - please check your PM box asap. Everyone else who posted the image in this thread: you're in.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:10 am

Am I in (I posted a link)?
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Solo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:28 am

Only entries with embedded images qualified. Clear instructions for how to do this were posted in this thread.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby onions » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:13 am

don, you may push the button.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:00 pm

Button status: pushed.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Previous

Return to Contests & Community Builds