Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

2009 Podracer Contest Entries

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: 2009 Podracer Contest Entries

Postby Turkguy19 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:22 pm

pur3 0wn1ng9 wrote:Why was mine disqualified? I made sure I entered the right pick, put a tag, and entered it in the pool but I am still disqualified!?!?

This really sucks! >:(

THE RULES wrote:...tagged with "FBTB" and "2009 Podracer Challenge", and submitted to the FBTB group to qualify. It's important to use the quotes when adding the tags or it will split them up.
Turkguy19

Postby pur3 0wn1ng9 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:29 pm

THE RULES wrote:...tagged with "FBTB" and "2009 Podracer Challenge", and submitted to the FBTB group to qualify. It's important to use the quotes when adding the tags or it will split them up.

Are you freakin serious!

One word got me disqualified.
pur3 0wn1ng9

Postby Firespray » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:31 pm

pur3 0wn1ng9 wrote:

Are you freakin serious!

One word got me disqualified.

That and you didn't tag it correctly, "2009 Podracer Challenge" has to all be in one tag, not separately like you did on your picture.
Firespray

Postby pur3 0wn1ng9 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:38 pm

I am new to Flickr and only joined it for this contest. I put 2009 podracer contest entry in the tag thing and it separated it itself. I guess I should have read the rules again.

Whatever, I wish my pod at least had a chance to get a few votes. :'( Thanks anyway for the Contest and I hope you will do it again.
pur3 0wn1ng9

Postby LL918 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:13 pm

Just throwing an idea out here - When I first read about this contest I had an idea in the back of my mind that perhaps the judging was going to be run as a series of races - a few heats in which we all vote for the top three or four pods that then get into the final. In that format there could have been additional contest categories, e.g. best comedy entry (iPod vs Leiapod?) Even if that is not the format, perhaps there could now be a second division for those that didn't quite enter correctly. This was a great contest that obviously inspired a lot of newer and / or inactive members to enter and also generated a lot of new flickr accounts along the way. I know this idea would create a whole lot more effort for the staff, but it may help build up the good will. And for some reason the FBTB good will seems to have taken a bit of a battering recently. (The April first joke was obvious, and shouldn't have been such a big deal for people. Anyway I'll be entering the Power Miners contest because I want to win one of those chrome rock monsters.) Then in the end those who made a mistake with their entry won't feel so badly rejected for their genuine effort but will still have learned to follow the rules better for next time. Just an idea.

And regardless of the staff taking on this idea - I'd like to tell those of you who were disqualified that some of those pods are great, so don't get too upset. Just keep building! Someone else suggested during the contest that even after the official contest was over the FBTB flickr outpost should continue to showcase new pod designs. Good idea.
Last edited by LL918 on Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LL918

Postby pur3 0wn1ng9 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:16 pm

*applauds* brilliant idea, LL918! ;)
pur3 0wn1ng9

Postby onions » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:02 pm

LL918 wrote:Anyway I'll be entering the Power Miners contest because I want to win one of those chrome rock monsters.

huh?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Bulls_Eye » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:39 pm

onions wrote:
LL918 wrote:Anyway I'll be entering the Power Miners contest because I want to win one of those chrome rock monsters.

huh?

The winners of this building challenge will be the Rock Monsters with the help of your submission, but their leaders have generously offered a captured Power Miners vehicle as compensation, as they are unable to pilot it themselves. I've been told the make and model of the vehicle is 8707 Boulder Blaster.
Bulls_Eye

Postby AlternativeRadio » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Solo wrote:[Alternative Radio: Your entry picture was not tagged correctly and again my warning was ignored.

I'm sorry that you guys didn't pass inspection, just try and be more careful in the future and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Yeah, I haven't been on the comp the last couple of days, so I didn't get your warning in time. Oh well, it's jsut one contest, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have won anyway. ;)
AlternativeRadio

Postby Solo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:32 pm

LL918, you're not too far off from what I've got planned. ;)

Also, everyone that got Disqualified - you've still got a chance now, so you're not completely out of the race after all. You'll see what I mean when the polls are up, which should be by tomorrow.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby the dutch guy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:06 am

I changed the tags on my entry picture on flickr, so is it possible for me to still be included in the race?
don't you just love patriotism...
the dutch guy

Postby Solo » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:34 am

Solo wrote:Also, everyone that got Disqualified - you've still got a chance now, so you're not completely out of the race after all. You'll see what I mean when the polls are up, which should be by tomorrow.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Capn Spider » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:55 am

Thanks for the second chance ! :D
Sorry for my bad English, i'm french.
Capn Spider

Postby Artizan » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:33 am

lots of choices, interesting voting system! i've served my duty of voting as a proud citizen of fbtb community XD
Artizan

Postby MrCRskater » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:48 am

The heats are very well setup as it's difficult to determine the top 3 in each group. Great job putting that together, mods! And great job on the pods, fubtubrs!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Chief » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:44 am

Artizan wrote:lots of choices, interesting voting system! i've served my duty of voting as a proud citizen of fbtb community XD

Don gets full credit for organizing the heats/polls.
Chief

Postby AlternativeRadio » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:51 am

Solo wrote:Also, everyone that got Disqualified - you've still got a chance now, so you're not completely out of the race after all. You'll see what I mean when the polls are up, which should be by tomorrow.

Wow, this is an unexpected surprise. Thanks a lot!
AlternativeRadio

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds