Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[CAN MBOCLH] Walmart SW lego price drop

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[CAN MBOCLH] Walmart SW lego price drop

Postby Bertramtalespinner » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:00 am

I was in my new much closer Walmart a few days ago and noticed a number of those price drop plastic holders on the Lego shelves, so this morning I checked the online flyer:

Hyena Bomber: 22.86
Vader's Tie: 33.86
Magna Droid: 46.96
Rogue Shadow: 54.96
Ashoka fighter: 54.96

Looking at the suffix, I'm thinking it's on the first two that are significantly on sale, I haven't been paying close attention to Clone Wars prices as I'm not interested. I'd like Vader's Tie, I think it's normally 39.95?
Bertramtalespinner

Re: [CAN MBOCLH] Walmart SW lego price drop

Postby RogueJedi007 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:24 pm

Bertramtalespinner wrote:I was in my new much closer Walmart a few days ago and noticed a number of those price drop plastic holders on the Lego shelves, so this morning I checked the online flyer:

Hyena Bomber: 22.86
Vader's Tie: 33.86
Magna Droid: 46.96
Rogue Shadow: 54.96
Ashoka fighter: 54.96

Looking at the suffix, I'm thinking it's on the first two that are significantly on sale, I haven't been paying close attention to Clone Wars prices as I'm not interested. I'd like Vader's Tie, I think it's normally 39.95?

Most of them are not great sale prices I don't think. The regular price for Ahsoka's fighter is $54.99 isn't it?
=========================================================================
We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.
RogueJedi007

Postby Turkguy19 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Ara, a Canadian member here, said he bought Ashok's fighter for $25.95 at WalMart. Either the prices at your WalMart were incorrect, or you might have written them down wrong.

He also said that Zeller's has double marked down LEGO, with 30% off already marked down sets.
Turkguy19

Postby legofactory » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:58 pm

I don't think it will be that cheap considering its limited edition and is a highly sought after set plus its still new.
The flier for wal-mart states ahosoka starfighter is $54.96. So i don't think it will be $25 which is more than half price.
legofactory

Postby Ara » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Well when Turk alerted me to this in the chat I had to chime in. I did indeed get Ahsoka's Starfighter for about twenty five bucks. It must have been some kind of error at my WalMat, because I wouldn't have bought the set otherwise [I'm a hardcore OT fan]. In fact I'm going back there tomorrow with my camera just to be sure that I'm not a Cylon or something.

Iain
Ara

Postby legofactory » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:34 pm

I think it should be a price error. Cause the I went to 2 wal-marts and both shows up at $54.96. They had 30-50 of these sets. If its $25.. i'm definatley going for it !
legofactory

Postby Darth Sillyus » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:29 pm

Long live the Merry Band of Canadian LEGO Hunters!

Is this going to be THE thread?

Anyways, Zellers has the yellow tag clearance (30/40/50% off previously marked-down) going if you like Speed Racer & other leftovers.
Former FBTB Forums Co-Mayor
FBTB Forums Member since '02
Founder of The M.B.o.C.L.H.
Darth Sillyus

Postby onions » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Darth Sillyus wrote:
Is this going to be THE thread?.

no.

start a new thread with your find.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby robskot » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:48 am

Another one that was on sale was the V-19, which was only $5 bucks off....pretty lame seeing as all the walmarts around here have tons of them littering their shelves.

I do want one as I hear it's a good build, but wait til WM starts putting them on clearance.
robskot

Postby Ara » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:45 pm

I'm confused now. I returned to Walmart today [only to be followed by a security dude] and found dozens of copies of Ahsoka's Starfighter and Droid thingy. None of them were priced. The shelves only showed the blank backs of turned over price tags. I guess they expected me to call for help like the top shelves says. The large $138.95 sets on the bottom shelf were priced clearly but all three shelves of Lego above that save for the Bionicle sets had their prices concealed. :S
Ara

Postby legofactory » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:56 pm

Yes the v-19 torrent is a great model. The build is easy. You just have to be careful the first half of the instructions as if you don't built it correctly.... your gears will not work.

At my local wal-mart. They have A LOT of magna guard starfighters, a couple of v-19, rogue shadow and A LOT of ahsoka starfighter. No signs of any battle packs or hyena droid bomber, tie advance, but the price tags are still there.

By the way, you can always bring the flier to toysrus to get the sale price as they price match.
If anyone noticed... the LEGO star wars items that are on sale at wal-mart made toysrus dropped their regular prices for the same items as well. They have a lower everyday price now at toysrus for those items.
legofactory

Postby legofactory » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Vice versa.... Wal-mart.com USA INCREASE ALL THEIR LEGO PRICES. This includes star wars and indiana jones. Its around a 5% increase from their original pricing. After checking out the sites, seems like target is the only one still offering the MSRP USA pricing. Toysrus and wal-mart now has pretty much the same pricing. Some sets are higher at wal-mart/toysrus and some are lower in USA.

Seems like inflation. Too many people are buying from wal-mart, thus forcing them to raise their prices. Or it can be other reasons as well. But i'm just glad that wal-mart in canada hasn't been too cracy with increasing pricing lately except their battle packs.
legofactory

Postby Darth Sillyus » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:59 pm

onions wrote:
Darth Sillyus wrote:
Is this going to be THE thread?.

no.

start a new thread with your find.

Ok, no problem. Right, new forums new format.

Speaking of Canadian Wal*Mart news, I saw one (1x) 7678 Droid Gunship just sitting there in the Lego section. Not sure if it was a (really late) x-mas return, or if it was lost in the stockroom, or what , but i hadn't seen one since late-November. Reg-price. Any chance it's being re-released? Similarily, i saw that exact same 7679 Republic Tank (squished box) at Zellers again.
Former FBTB Forums Co-Mayor
FBTB Forums Member since '02
Founder of The M.B.o.C.L.H.
Darth Sillyus

Postby Ara » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Ok so I know this topic is a dead horse and all but looggie what i found! I had to vindicate myself with evidence of my purchase of Ahsoka's Startfighter for CDN $25.00 at Walmart in Toronto. Looks like no mistake to me.
Last edited by Ara on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ara

Postby RogueJedi007 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:23 pm

I actually did not doubt Ara. From the stores I have seen, there are a LOT of the Ahsoka's fighter sets around and I bet they will all be $25 shortly.
We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.
RogueJedi007

Postby legofactory » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:08 am

Same here. I see a lot of them in my stores and they seem to maybe not sell too well considering their price. Would be sweet if I see them on sale at my Wal-Mart. Hmmmm, no wonder theres a lot of eBay sellers in Canada selling this set for only $20 USD. That explains everything.
legofactory

Postby Ara » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:13 am

RogueJedi007 wrote:I actually did not doubt Ara. From the stores I have seen, there are a LOT of the Ahsoka's fighter sets around and I bet they will all be $25 shortly.

I wasn't really worried about doubts. I was more questioning my memory of which store I actually got it from [maybe I bought it at Zellers.....], but after returning to Zellers I found very few SW sets and Walmart had their hidden-price campaign in effect so I was well konfoozled. :S But after finding this all crunched up in one of my unsorted drawers I don't feel so old anymore. XD
Ara

Postby MShiels » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:33 pm

Well any pirate fans may want to check Walmarts too, since they are doing roll backs

65$ 6242 - down to 20$ YES $20 CAD, insane!!!!!!!

But it all depends on the store it seems, others have it at full 64.99 still
ImageIf near Mississauga, come visit us at 2410 Dunwin Drive, Unit 5 - your local Ontario LEGO only store - TRUly the largest selection of LEGO around
And out Bricklink store is http://Shop.LastingToys.Com
MShiels

Postby ricefields » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Wal Mart in richmond hill (north of toronto) has the ahsoka set for $45cdn. Still, I think ebay is the best place to get them as they can go for $20-$30us in ontario.
ricefields

Postby legofactory » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:57 pm

ricefields wrote:Wal Mart in richmond hill (north of toronto) has the ahsoka set for $45cdn. Still, I think ebay is the best place to get them as they can go for $20-$30us in ontario.

I was at my local wal-mart and they also had the roll back there. It was $55 and now its $45 too. I hope they drop the price to $25 just like other members stated..

And i noticed my wal-marts pretty much only have Star wars, indiana jones and bionicle. Really weird. Very very little (barley any) city and other theme sets. I bet they dont' get any of those because they dont' sell as well and tahts probably how LEGO and wal-mart had on their agreement i think.
legofactory

Next

Return to Finds/Deals