Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[ARCHITECTURE] Solomon's temple finished

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[ARCHITECTURE] Solomon's temple finished

Postby Blackninjatom » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:06 pm

You may remember this in its totally unimpressive wip form, but 13 months after I started designing, this project has been completed.
approximately 15,000 pieces were used to build this, and a surplus of $1000 (which is a big deal considering I'm still in school, and no job) the most of which was earned selling custom minifigs on ebay. :)
The construction journal and more pics can be found here.

Not as big as the mon cal cruiser, or as technical, but I still hope you find it to your liking, looking back I had great time designing and building my biggest moc to date.

Now I have the free time to build some more minis! XD
Last edited by Blackninjatom on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackninjatom

Re: Solomon's temple finished

Postby Mos_Eisley » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Nice work on the interior! I really like the detail in the main hall that leads to the altar. I also think the ark and the sheep are extremely well done!

Too bad Solomon wasn't into exciting exteriors!
Mos_Eisley

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:31 pm

Oh my word! I always get so excited when we study these structures in church, and this is a beautiful, meticulous and (from the looks of it) very painstaking recreation of Solomon's magnificent temple. It is accurate that the exterior wasn't too shiny, but it's all bronze and gold inside! Good, good stuff.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Darth Bizzle » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:40 pm

This is awesomely done my friend. The little details on the walls and on the doors and perfect! Good work!
Darth Bizzle

Postby Galagoo » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:02 pm

The sheer size of it is very impressive, but the most awesome thing is the detailing. The pillars, water basins, wall decorations.. Brilliant-looking stuff, especially the wall decorations look pretty fantastic.

I have to say, though, that my favourite part of it are the cherubim statues. They look solid and good, but the wings are just great.

Now, only if you made a brick-built veil.. ;)
Galagoo

Re: [ARCHITECTURE] Solomon's temple finished

Postby darth jason » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:14 am

Thats really great. It looks just like the pictures i remember seeing in some of my books. I love the tapestry in the interior and the walls/interiors look great, i love the alter with the incense burning. The Ark design looks great in the Antechamber and i like the fact the tapesty is real so you can see the poles to the ark. It just gives it more depth that way i think. It more interactive maybe is the best way to put it.

Really cool build.
darth jason

Postby roguebantha » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:19 pm

Very impressive, what a contrast between outside and inside!
roguebantha

Postby Big C » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Finally done! Congratulations, it looks excellent!
Big C

Postby Flynn » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:25 pm

I loved seeing this progress on the old forum, and I'm glad it's finally finished. It looks absolutely spetacular, very nice job indeed.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Blackninjatom » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:43 pm

I'm glad to hear people remember it, it seems years ago instead of just one. It was cool studying the dimensions and figuring how everything was oriented. I actually recommend the experience, just maybe on a slower scale. ;)
Blackninjatom

Postby Aharown » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:35 pm

This is a very nice MOC! That's a lot of "gold"! :D

I particularly like the sea supported by the golden oxen, and the Ark. Your custom minifigures, such as the High Priest, are very well done!

You may want to post your creation on some other more "architecturally-minded" forum such as Classic-Castle as well.
<><
Aharown

Postby Raequan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:16 am

Solomon would be proud. It's kind of funny, I was just learning about this in religion class.
Raequan

Postby Veers » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:54 am

Wow, this is epic. You've done a fantastic job.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby seraulu1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:56 am

XD XD XD XD :facepalm: ,

Hi all,
I am newbie to these forum but i read all the comment and suggestion wow that's good help for me thanks for that and i apologize for my bad English too hope that you understand it :x :x :x that's very fantastic ;)

Flynn wrote:I loved seeing this progress on the old forum, and I'm glad it's finally finished. It looks absolutely spetacular, very nice job indeed.

Thanks again :lol:
seraulu1

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase