Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New S@H sale

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

New S@H sale

Postby that guy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:04 am

Lots of new keychains and magnet packs up on sale again. I'm sure a moderator can put a click through link but otherwise here you go.
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... =4&subid=0
that guy

Re: New S@H sale

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:53 am

http://www.fbtb.net/2011/02/25/shop-hom ... clearance/

$.98 keychains - keychains = $.98 minifigs with tiny holes in their heads.

I may have to get over to the LEGO store soon. Thanks for the report. :)
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Octopunk » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:22 pm

I was at the Glendale Lego Store yesterday and they were just unpacking new shipments of Bossk, (new) Boba Fett and Aayla Secura keychains.
Octopunk

Postby MisterFubar » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Looks like a Double VIP point sale starts on March 1 and runs through the 15th as well.

Getting ready to place a big order today and noticed the sale when checking my points balance in the VIP section. I think I'll wait until Tuesday and take the double points over a free police boat.
MisterFubar

Postby Tyrant » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:12 pm

MisterFubar wrote:Looks like a Double VIP point sale starts on March 1 and runs through the 15th as well.

Getting ready to place a big order today and noticed the sale when checking my points balance in the VIP section. I think I'll wait until Tuesday and take the double points over a free police boat.

Good to know. I was about to start a thread to ask if anyone knew where they usually announced the double points deals ahead of time or if we just find out when they hit.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby GrayMattR » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:51 am

I just bought some Ackbars, Gunrays, Fisto and others on Tuesday and the price was higher. Oh well.

I didn't know the glue on the magnet sets dissolved in hot water. How long does it take?
GrayMattR

Postby GIR3691 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:32 am

GrayMattR wrote:I didn't know the glue on the magnet sets dissolved in hot water. How long does it take?

Here's the article all about it.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby J30spiff » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:11 am

Thanks for sharing that article. It was very informative and has helped me in my decision to stay away from the magnet sets. It's just not worth all the trouble.
J30spiff

Postby Chief » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:22 am

I have a hard time believing anyone is happy with the quality of the minifigs that result from these separation techniques.
Chief

Postby that guy » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:57 am

Chief wrote:I have a hard time believing anyone is happy with the quality of the minifigs that result from these separation techniques.

Yeah seriously, I can just see the rash of negative feedbacks and pissed of customers across Ebay and other sources once people start trying to selling these. It could get ugly since they look good from the front. I'm sure there will be no end to these being put in 'lots' where they make it look like a great deal and of course the seller will have some stupid disclaimer that is just vague enough that you might take a chance on them. :facepalm:
that guy

Postby J30spiff » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:53 pm

And this is the reason why I don't buy individual minifigs on eBay. There's absolutely no way you can be sure of the origin of the minifigs.
J30spiff

Postby Andi » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Chief wrote:I have a hard time believing anyone is happy with the quality of the minifigs that result from these separation techniques.

I am happy. At least with two of the three. But well, it was my first time, so one damaged out of three is a rate I can live with.
And I don't intend to sell them on ebay as 'real' minifigs. Neither my former keychain figs.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby ILikePi » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Did anyone find any of the on-sale keychains at a LEGO Store? If so, I'll have to go there for the first time in over 6 months - I can't miss out on $1 Ackbars and portal emperors! :)
Last edited by ILikePi on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILikePi

Postby cowbug » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:51 pm

ILikePi wrote:Did anyone find any of the on-sale keychains at a LEGO Store? If so, I'll have to go there for the first time in at over 6 months - I can't miss out on $1 Ackbars and portal emperors! :)

Call before making a special trip but i know the sacramento store has a large bin in the back of the store, has been for weeks, it is somewhat picked over but there are still some SW in there.

To change the subject a bit, what is the best way to remove figs from the key chain? I bought a couple for the capes but want to do as little damage as possible to the rest of the fig to get them. Thanks
cowbug

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:29 pm

Andi wrote:

I am happy.

I like my separated keychain figs... :x Especially for $2.50 or less.

ILikePi wrote:Did anyone find any of the on-sale keychains at a LEGO Store? If so, I'll have to go there for the first time in over 6 months - I can't miss out on $1 Ackbars and portal emperors! :)

Just got back from the Garden City store. They had just about everything that was online.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby The Brain » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:19 pm

GIR3691 wrote:
Andi wrote:

I am happy.

I like my separated keychain figs... :x Especially for $2.50 or less.

I think Ryan was referencing the magnet fig separation technique post-gluing, not the keychains.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Return to Finds/Deals