Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Parts Draft Numero Dos!

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

FBTB Parts Draft Numero Dos!

Postby Staff » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:10 pm

FBTB's first parts draft a month ago was a great success, and our plan is to continue as long as people want to participate. We learned some valuable lessons the first time around; with some minor tweaks we're confident future drafts will run even faster and smoother than the first- which already exceeded our expectations!

So what are we drafting this time? It's another PoP set picked up on clearance, this time 75% off: 10 copies of Prince of Persia 7572 Quest Against Time!

Check out Flickr user dita svelte's gallery here to get an idea of what's in the set, or see Bricklink's inventory here.

Parts Draft: Numero Dos! will be open for participant registration tomorrow, Friday February 18th. Sometime tomorrow I will unlock the topic and the first 10 European forum members (who joined before February 17th) who post in the thread will be our potential participants who will be confirmed for the draft when the $35USD ($15USD set and $20USD postage and handling) draft fee is received within 24 hours. Who am I considering European? If you fall within the GMT, CET, and EET time zones as seen here.

Comments? We have a general discussion topic for all past present and future drafts, but keep your eyes on THIS TOPIC HERE tomorrow for your chance to join our second FBTB Parts Draft!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/02/17/fbtb-par ... os-europe/
Staff

Re: FBTB Parts Draft Numero Dos: Europe!

Postby Chief » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:15 pm

What we're drafting: Prince of Persia 7572 Quest against time. There will be 10 copies in the draft.
How much $$: Your entry fee is the actual 75% off clearance cost (including tax) plus a flat shipping and handling fee. The sets were $14.98 apiece with tax included. We are adding a flat rate shipping and handling fee of $20 using a 36-oz first-class package being sent to Romania as an estimate for shipping. The shipping and handling fee will also cover ziplocks, boxes, and tape. Some participant's orders will cost less, others more, so I'm applying this flat rate across the board so we break even.
After we hit 10 members who respond to this thread when it opens, participants will receive a private message with payment information.
Who: TBD on Friday February 18th. This will be open to any member in Europe who joined before February 17th, regardless of post count. (North Americans, you guys get the next draft!)
When: TBD when participants are chosen and schedules obtained.
Where: In real life? My Lego laboratory. Online? In a special draft room we'll make on the IRC chat. Participants will need to familiarize themselves with the workings of the chat before draft day. Don't worry, it's not difficult! I had entertained doing it over a video chat service last time, but come draft day it wasn't working for me till right about the draft was supposed to start, so we only used it when I drew names so people saw that I was being impartial when names were picked randomly. I may leave a webcam running this time, but the FBTB IRC chat will still be our main playing field.

-The first 10 European forum members who respond to this topic on Friday February 18th when I unlock it and pay the entry fee via PayPal within 24 hours will become our Draft Participants *cue fanfare.* If any of the first 10 posters do not pay their fee within the timeframe, the next person in line gets their spot in the draft.
-All participants must be present in the IRC chat at the agreed-upon draft time, which will be determined by availability schedules submitted by everyone. We will work closely with all participants to arrange a time that works for everyone. If a participant absolutely cannot be present in the chat, they will submit a proxy list of parts in the order they desire them, and pick their own proxy member to perform the draft in their behalf.
-Large or expensive lots of parts will be broken up. Ace and I are going to make these calls as we sort the pieces, and we will be fair about it. Ex: you will not be getting all 20 ostriches, or 300 tan corner bricks. Trust us to find the golden number; I've got a ton of draft experience.
-Minifigs will be assembled and then split into multiple lots.
-The order will be determined by a random drawing of names by the draft organizer(s) on the day of the draft.
-Once the order is determined, the first participant will select a pile of parts, then the second participant, and so on, until we get to the end of the list. Then we work our way back up the list from bottom to top. Then top to bottom. Etc. This is the serpentine method, and my preferred method. Others may have a different opinion, but they didn't front the money for the sets, so they can make like a tree and GET OUTTA HERE.
-All participants MUST have an inventory in front of them during the draft. I don't care if it's on your screen or printed in front of you, you need it. Participants will cross off items after each person's turn. It's imperative that everyone keep track of what parts are still up for grabs. We will provide the inventory with lot numbers individually identified.
-At the conclusion of the draft, FBTB will package and ship out the chosen parts to their rightful owners, who will congratulate FBTB on a job well done and will immediately clamor for the next draft.
-No whining. We're trying to make this as fair as possible. If you don't get a part you want, find another part you like.

Potential Participants (bold denotes payment received):
1. Darth Mitz (Euro)
2. MrCRSkater (NA)
3. Impending Doom (NA)
4. JD4M (NA)
5. Chief (NA)
6. Mr.Anderson (NA)
7. Bubblyhai (NA)
8. Dr. Cart (NA)
9. Doodlebird (NA)
10. SwooshFactor (NA)

Standby:
mldynes
yohowie
king
Chief

Postby Chief » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 am

At 8 pm GMT (12pm PST), I'm cutting it off with the number of Europeans we have and going North American for the remained of the 10 slots (they will be getting a much better deal postage-wise!) IN fact, it really never made sense to do a draft from US->Europe anyways because of the postage but I thought I would give it a try. And I hope we have some *very* accommodating North Americans who all can get together on a Saturday or Sunday to do this with the Europeans, because there's no other time this will work with people so spread across the globe.
Chief

Postby Darth Mitz » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:08 am

would love to take part, sounds interesting and the last one looked like fun too.

ps. will we be notified of who payment is made to?
Last edited by Darth Mitz on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Mitz

Postby J30spiff » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:16 am

Have some questions. If we're in North America and 5 Europeans members don't register, do we post at 12pm PST? Can we go on a waiting list once the thread opens? Do we wait for you to give the word and then register?
J30spiff

Postby Chief » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:22 am

At 12pm PST North Americans are free to register by posting. Ex: If only 3 Europeans have signed up by 12pm PST, 7 *registered before February 17th* North Americans may sign up.

Darth Mitz wrote:would love to take part, sounds interesting and the last one looked like fun too.

ps. will we be notified of who payment is made to?

I will send out private messages to the potential participants when we have 10 members. Payment will be via PayPal, which should also confirm a European shipping address. Your instructions will tell you more.
Chief

Postby Joedward » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:42 pm

I'll put my name down, and hope 3 others pony up to the mark in the next 17 minutes.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Chief » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:46 pm

I edited my post, because it didn't make any sense. The 5 doesn't matter, I'm just taking however many we have and opening the rest of the slots to North Americans. And it will be the last European draft I offer and the last mixed Euro/NorthAmerican draft I run.
Chief

Postby ImpendingDoom » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:00 pm

count me in
ImpendingDoom

Postby JD4M » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:01 pm

I'd love to draft
JD4M

Postby Chief » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm going to sign up for this one. :P Now i can have fun too!
Chief

Postby MrAnderson » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:22 pm

I am in like Flynn. Errol Flynn.
MrAnderson
Blockhead

Postby Bubblyhai » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:48 pm

I would like to try.
Bubblyhai

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm in.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby doodlebird » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:28 pm

i'd like to join in,
but i'd have to go by proxy if it is on a saturday morning (central US time).
that's the inflexible part of my week.

i'd happily rank all available in order of "wantedness"
doodlebird

Postby Swoosh Factor » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Count me in too please
Swoosh Factor

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Count me in! Am I too late to join?

EDIT: Looks like I'm just barely too late! Maybe next time. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Chief » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Just keep posting. We may have dropouts (we did last time!) We'll have a standby list.
Chief

Postby J30spiff » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Put me on the waiting list just in case.
J30spiff

Postby Dr. Cart » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 pm

I'll take a spot on the waiting list for NA

Dr. Cart
Dr. Cart

Next

Return to Community Features