Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Round of 32 Bracket 7

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Round of 32 Bracket 7

Poll ended at Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:53 am

46%
54%

Total votes : 89

Round of 32 Bracket 7

Postby onions » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:53 am

This is Round of 32 Bracket 7. This poll will be open for 3 days. Good luck.
onions
Damp Noodle

Re: Round of 32 Bracket 7

Postby Rook » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:08 am

Wow I didn't think the Carpenter Ant would lose! :shock: I guess it wasn't really "starship-ish" to a lot a voters.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby bartosza6m » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:05 am

Don't be surprised Rook. I think there are some great entries but (in my opinion) maybe for another contest.
I choose ships which feet good in star wars reality.
bartosza6m

Postby Chief » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:38 am

^ This is the same reason I didn't vote for it. It's an amazing model for sure, but one look at it and I said "this belongs to Battle Bugs not Star Wars!" Again, 1st class model, just not the right fit for this contest imo
Chief

Postby Solo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:54 am

To each their own. I remember seeing in my guide a number of distinctly insect based starships, so it was perfectly "in universe" and rather clever to boot. Oh well. This is the nature of polls, you can't always predict the winners. Congrats turtle!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby turtle » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:27 pm

:shock:

I am as surprised as anyone, I didn't figure that I stood a chance against something that awesome.

Thank You, to everyone who voted!

:shock:
turtle

Postby Larry Lars » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:40 am

I find it a bit amusing with the reactions to specific wins. First all the whining about the pairings regarding to "obvious" winners and then the complaints against the few "underdog" victories. In this case though, two quality entries and just a few votes in favor of the winner. I think this contest was set up well to make some really interesting battles. Kudos to the staff.

I think it's important to remember that judging LEGO as a creative art is a really subjective matter. The beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. It's easy to get the feeling that we as a community share a couple of standards of what makes an undisputed masterpiece, but I think that would be fooling ourselves a lot.

I hope we could embrace this diversity of taste rather than find ourselves debating the validity of the process of polls. ;)

Congrats to the winner.
Larry Lars

Return to Contests & Community Builds