Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Who Are You?

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: Who Are You?

Postby Firespray » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:24 am

Wow welcome back dude!
Firespray

Postby eclipsegrafx » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi I am eclipsegrafx, I use the name of my graphic design identity on all my forums so that is how the name came about. It was actually birthed maybe 10-14 years ago before the internet became big. I was planning on doing some kind of footage buying website and call it "e-clips" then it evolved to eclipse and then added the grafx later.

I come from the city of NY. :P Or commonly known as New York City. We actually had 3 Lego stores open up near me in the last 6 months. Was pretty exciting and to top it off I was able to volunteer at one and also offer some of the ribbon model builds for the store. I did it for free but the added 30% bonus and 10$ gift card made it a sweet deal.

I am a Jesus freak... christian, but I won't push my beliefs on you. This is the internet and there is no point in fighting over religious beliefs on a forum. I have always loved computers, games, and now lego.

I am a customizer of lego figs and you can see some of my work here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/sets/72157623791871984/

one of my favorite figs is:Image

Also here are some of the builds I have done though I am not much of a builder. I hate the clean up afterwards:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/sets/72157624030601035/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegrafx/sets/72157623200820331/

Lastly I also make custom lightsaber hilts with clashy, here is my set.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsegra ... 789514508/

Well if you have any questions or comments you know where to find me.

I hope to become a very active member of this community.
eclipsegrafx

Postby Solo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:21 pm

Welcome aboard man, and like I said i chat - love the Hoth scene.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby ThePlasticJedi » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:58 am

Oh hey guyz.

I like legos too! I'm knew, can some1 teach me how to start forums??

;) ;) ;) ;)
)2eady?
Chew them out and spit them up, it's the way of the nooblet.
ThePlasticJedi

Postby Solo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:35 am

BANNED.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby theJudeAbides » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Solo, who did you ban? ThePlasticJedi? I thought he was around on the old forums and typically wasn't that bad (although I could be misremembering). Granted, his post was pretty obnoxious, even for newbie. However, is it possible he was being ironic/purposely annoying? And even so, don't we usually give them a few chances to correct their behavior before breaking out the old ban-hammer (although I know you like to use it). Or is it a one those "you must be this old to ride the ride" kinds of deals?
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Solo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:44 pm

JOKE.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby dude4life » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi. I'm dude4life. Mostly because because some always takes 'dude'. I started building at a young age. One of my first sets with minifigs was the 560 Town Home. Before that I had a few a few of the none movable figures(no face,bumps for arms and generic hats). My greatest success was construction a building from floor to ceiling. This was when I was about 7-8. I lost interest when I was about 10-11. One day in 1999 some gave me my first Lego Star Wars set. After that I was hooked. Now I purchase all Star Wars sets and most town sets, opening and building them, because I am not a collector. My wife is cool about it. I have sets set up in four different rooms on bookcases and an entire room dedicated to my town. Besides that I enjoy Axis and Allies(the board game) Heroscape, Magic, PC and Xbox 360 games and most recently Zombies!!!. Musically I listen to about anything, so listing it would be moot. I have been on these forums for a long time, but rarely, if ever, post.. I'm just a quiet guy and that's all. It sounds as though I do nothing but play games. I'm on medical leave, so I have some extra time.

Thanks for listening to my story.
dude4life

Postby theJudeAbides » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Quick question, dude4life, does your name have anything to do with the movie "The Big Lebowski"? I ask this because mine does as does another person on these boards who goes by "theDude." And if so, do you prefer to "mind" or to "abide"? My name gives my preference, except, of course, when I'm feeling ornery, but that really only happens on days ending in "y". ;)
Last edited by theJudeAbides on Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby dude4life » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:10 pm

No it doesn't. In fact, sadly enough, I haven't even seen the movie yet.

BTW I'm also from MN.
dude4life

Postby possum » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:05 pm

dude4life wrote:No it doesn't. In fact, sadly enough, I haven't even seen the movie yet.

That's a bummer man.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!
possum

Postby Robzula » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:26 pm

theJudeAbides wrote:but that's really only happens on days ending in "y". ;)

You know, I've got this buddy who just does not get sarcasm or humor, and all I can think about when I read that is him saying "But every day ends in a "y"..."
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby mdilthey » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:44 pm

Sup!

I'm Max, I live in the Northeast, and I've been building since I was years under the recommendation age for small parts (I swallowed a few.) Now i'm 6 feet tall and good looking enough that acquaintances don't suspect my repertoire of geeky hobbies. ;D

I'm a junior in college, Environmental Science and English majors on the way, with plans to go to Graduate School. I'm still avidly building and expanding, and I'm dreaming of building a SHIP soon. Hopefully it happens this winter. My Bricklink, Flickr, Brickshelf, and classic-space.com username is mdilthey, so feel free to message me anywhere with comments about models, introductions, or harassment!

My friends are cool with it, the High School version of me had the boxes hidden so I wouldn't be outed as a builder. Maybe if she's lucky I'll tell my girlfriend someday, haha.
mdilthey

Postby HoosierZephyr » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Hello I am HooseirZephyr on the board and kevinmboots77 on flickr. Originally from North-Western Indiana, I now reside in the Southern Tier of New York State. I have been around for 33 years and got back into Lego last year after seeing the Midi Scale Falcon.
Lego is therapy for me. I often call it "Brick Therapy," building just helps me to relax. It clears my head and I can get ideas out of my head with the bricks.
Thank you for letting me join your little part of the interwebs.
HZ
HoosierZephyr

Postby Robzula » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:57 pm

HoosierZephyr wrote:I often call it "Brick Therapy," building just helps me to relax.

I..I-I-I JJJUST NEED A S-SMALL BUILD, JUST TO RELAX... C'MON MAN, D-DON'T HOLD OUT ON ME.

Yeah, I know that feeling....
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby errbt » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:30 am

Why, I'm me, of course. :lol:

I used to be around the old FBTB forums quite a bit.

Then I wasn't.

I don't even really remember, but I think I basically just never signed up when the Forum restarted. Well, that and the fact that my LEGO has been mostly packed away for over a year now, with only a couple new sets bought in the last several years, are why I wasn't around. :( My stuff is still packed away and I don't buy sets anymore, but something made me check in here the other day. I saw some pretty nice custom work in the MOC section and felt the desire to comment, so I decided to join up again.

Other than that, I still live in Michigan, still play ice hockey, and still play guitar in a band. :)
errbt

Postby Big C » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:12 pm

OMGBRIANHAI!!!! XD
Big C

Postby Joedward » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:48 am

:shock:

Long time no nothing, welcome back dude. Good to see you on the new boards.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby errbt » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:07 am

Big C wrote:OMGBRIANHAI!!!! XD

For about a sec I was thinking "Big C? How do they know my name" until it hit me: "HAS to be Cello Colin!" How have you been? :D

Joedward wrote::shock:

Long time no nothing, welcome back dude. Good to see you on the new boards.

Hi Joe, glad to be back. Nice to see so many of the "Classic" FBTBers still around. I may not be buying new LEGO anymore, but I decided since I still like to keep tabs on the new stuff as it comes out (not to mention nice custom work), I might as well do it at a place with old friends! ;)
errbt

Postby Big C » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:36 pm

errbt wrote:
Big C wrote:OMGBRIANHAI!!!! XD

For about a sec I was thinking "Big C? How do they know my name" until it hit me: "HAS to be Cello Colin!" How have you been? :D

Ha! Totally didn't think about that. Yup, it's me! I'm great, man, thanks. Finally graduated college, got hitched, and life is pretty dang sweet. Is your Falcon still together?
Big C

PreviousNext

Return to BCS 2.0