Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Coming Soon: LLCA Star Wars Days 2010!

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Coming Soon: LLCA Star Wars Days 2010!

Postby Staff » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Update: as Commander Keller on the forums (and probably others who didn't score as low as me in reading comprehension) noted, Legoland's page says that participants in the Trivia game have a chance to win the elusive White Boba Fett minifig!

Legoland California's annual weekend tribute to Star Wars is fast approaching: mark your calendars and make your plans for Saturday August 7th and Sunday August 8th!

Activities include the traditional 501st Droid Hunt game, costume contests, and fan displays. One highlight of the fan display will be Brickplumber's Endor landing platform dio.

Also fleshing out the weekend are building challenges, trivia games, and more! See Legoland California's event page for the full agenda.

Hit the break for more shots of last year's fun!

The collaborative display!

More of the LUGOLA/SANDLUG display

Yours truly about to get whomped in a round of Brandon Griffith's fantastic A New Hope chess board.

Myself, Ace, and Don Solo will all be onsite for the festivities, so stay tuned for our comprehensive coverage of Legoland California's Star Wars Days 2010!

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/07/27/coming-soon-llca-star-wars-days-2010/
Staff

Re: Coming Soon: LLCA Star Wars Days 2010!

Postby Solo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:06 am

I am very much looking forward to this. I need to know if I should pack my Jedi robe or not...
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Robzula » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:30 am

I hate this time of year... Once again I get to look at photos of people getting to run around in costume, looking at awesome stuff first hand, getting neat memorabilia... While I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere...
(excess ellipses to show depression...)
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby CommanderKeller » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:12 am

Sick! I will be coming home and I have never been! Do any of you think there will be any giveaways like the beloved white boba???

edit: Just saw that if we answer some "jedi trivia" we can get one while supplies last. I wonder what the limit is per person.
A wise old man once told me, "Remember kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid and you will never go wrong". Cookies for the reference.
CommanderKeller

Postby mr_joshua » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:24 am

If I remember from last year, the Legoland staff was in charge of giving them out during the trivia game....but it was meant for kids. My son was there and managed to get two chrome Vaders the first round and then came back about an hour later and scored a third Vader. And no, I didn't sell them...my son gave one to a friend of his a couple months ago actually.

See you all there!!! I'll be sporting my Legoland Billund hat.
mr_joshua

Postby ILikePi » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Looking forward to being there on the second day! I'm heading off to San Diego on the 7th to visit my uncle and aunt in their new house. I'd love to be able to get a Boba Fett, but I don't mind that much if I don't. :)
ILikePi

Postby Dunamis » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:22 pm

I'll be there this year! Last year (as mr_joshua said) the LEGOLand staff gave out the trivia prizes to (only) kids.
Dunamis

Postby CommanderKeller » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:34 pm

I am 19 and I am planning on going. Do you think I could get a white boba or should I bring my little brother just in case?
A wise old man once told me, "Remember kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid and you will never go wrong". Cookies for the reference.
CommanderKeller

Postby banthafodder » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Last year I participated in the trivia with my son and we each got the Vader. However at comic con they only gave the white bobas to the kids so my son was able to get one. I honestly don't know how strict they're going to be with this.
banthafodder

Postby mmcconnell » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:06 am

Getting ready to head back for day number 2. On Saturday, Legoland was the most crowded I have seen in it in 10 years-- certainly more than any other Star Wars weekend.

They have made some more refinements this year, with the MOC area moved next the the Washington, D. C. area of Miniland. They have also helped with the in-park traffic pattern, a little, by moving the give-away table away from the entrance.

More than 20 Boba Fett mini-figs have been temporarily added to sections of Miniland. Each one is holding a letter than you must use to complete a puzzle that allows you to enter a drawing for free tickets and a Lego set assortment.

The 501 was out in "force" with lots of members everywhere.

Much better selection of Lego Star Wars merchandise, including all of the newly-released sets. We also saw several new t-shirt designs. Other than the complimentary commemorative brick, there is no event-specific merchandise for sale, again.
mmcconnell

Postby skyward72 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:37 pm

A duplo brick with Boba Fett printed on it was a given away.
skyward72

Postby Chief » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:29 pm

We'll have a writeup on the main page shortly (we had 3 admins in attendance!) but I wanted to drop in and say that on the first day purchases of $35 or more got a special Star Wars Lego product booklet, and on the second day the same qualifying purchase got you a white Boba Fett!
Chief

Postby drip52c » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:13 am

forgot to mention they had unadvertised sales in store. For example the indiana jones magnet sets were BOGO Free. kept trying to ring up different items but couldnt find no other deals....
drip52c

Return to Star Wars