Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Possible continue of the Batman theme?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Possible continue of the Batman theme?

Postby legofett » Wed May 20, 2009 7:56 pm

I heard on wikipedia that Lego plans to not rlease any 2009 batman sets, but there might be a chance of continuation in late 2009-early 2010! Any thoughts? :D Or is it a 1 in 1,000,000 rumor?
legofett

Re: Possible continue of the Batman theme?

Postby AlternativeRadio » Thu May 21, 2009 12:44 pm

[quote=Wikipedia]The Lego Batman line has been discontinued, but will probably continue in 2010 or later in 2009.[/quote]

After reading your post, I checked wikipedia and found that it says its discontinued but will probably continue in 2010. Does anyone know anything about this?
AlternativeRadio

Postby onions » Thu May 21, 2009 4:25 pm

They still have the license. They just chose not to do anything this year. I have no idea if they'll do anything next year, and i'm not sure when the license is set to expire.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby enorazzi » Sat May 23, 2009 3:15 am

I don't think he'll be back any time soon. they took him off of the website, usually if they are just sitting out a release date & will be in the next one they will keep the line on the site.
enorazzi

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Thu May 28, 2009 5:04 am

I think that the line has folded for good, but we can still hope as, like onions has said, Lego still possesses the license. Who knows, new sets for the third Christopher Nolan Batman film?
Jedd the Jedi

Postby CaptainPike » Thu May 28, 2009 10:54 am

They still have it? I just assumed there was no Batman LEGO in the stores when the video was popular because the license had lapsed. Apparently it was just poor planning. What an enormous wasted opportunity. I, and many other parents no doubt, would have bought the batmobile set and several others - if they had been available.

LEGO would probably say it is Traveler's Tales fault for shipping the game late.
CaptainPike

Postby legofett » Sun May 31, 2009 9:23 am

It kinda sucks that just as the game was released they pull the cord?! When we still don't have 1/3 of the minifigs featured in the game. :'( If I would have known I would have gotten interested in the line latter on, I would have bought batcave, batmobile, Arkham etc.

P.S. check this guy on youtube out lol.
legofett

Postby Captain Typo » Sun May 31, 2009 7:53 pm

legofett wrote: ...If I would have known I would have gotten interested in the line later on, I would have bought batcave, batmobile, Arkham etc...

Ditto. I only recently became a DC fan (though that hasn't stopped me from already dropping what must now total $1k on the comic books), and by the time I fully came 'round, the remainder of the sets (read: Harley Quinn's truck, and the Penguin's sub :( ) were pretty much all sold out in my area, anyway.

I know this sentiment was expressed a lot in "the last FBTB", but I really wish TLC could've gotten the rights to DC, period. That way, we could get some Superman sets, Wonder Woman... Maybe even Flash... And don't even get me started about the possibilities for Justice League. I'm not saying sales would BOOM for TLC if they started a JLA line (though it's possible), but just thinking in terms of the pure coolness factor. (Imagine a Black Manta or Martian Manhunter minifig... *drool*)

... Sorry. :x

Anyway, before I get too far off-topic; I would love to see the Batman line continue, and I'm hoping that rumor posted at the beginning of this thread is true. However, as enorazzi pointed out;
enorazzi wrote:... they took him off of the website... usually if they are just sitting out a release date & will be in the next one they will keep the line on the site...

So it's looking like it might be finished. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a straight-out DC license... :|
"Yippie-ki-yay, my friend."

-John McLane, Die Hard With a Vengeance- The TV Edit
Captain Typo

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you

Postby legofett » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:20 pm

legofett wrote:
yoink

Seriously this guy is hilarious. check out all his stop motion vids, no joke! :lol:

edit by Chief: I'm sorry it took me this long to see (and remove) this.
legofett

Postby 11Numb » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:33 pm

You just quoted yourself. For advertising. And it's not particularly funny. Just a lot of homophobia, from what I saw.

On Topic: I'm quite disappointed in the death of this line. It was one of the few lines that still managed to hold my interest.
11Numb

Postby legofett » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:23 pm

[quote="11Numb"]You just quoted yourself. For advertising. And it's not particularly funny. Just a lot of homophobia, from what I saw.

On Topic: I'm quite disappointed in the death of this line. It was one of the few lines that still managed to hold my interest.[/quote="11Numb"]

Didn't mean to.

I don't know him, nor s it my channel just sharing sorry. :|

Please don't ban me I love this site.
legofett

Postby batsamd » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:34 pm

I sent an email to LEGO concerning the Batman theme and this is the response they gave me, I bolded the interesting points:
LEGO wrote:Thank you for contacting us on 04/22/09 and for your interest in LEGO® Batman™ brand products.

The products you inquired about have been discontinued from our current product line and we do not expect to receive additional inventory at this time. Our license with DC Comics expired last year and our inventory was completely depleted last Christmas. Currently we do not have any plans to renew this product line. Each year, several items are discontinued and new ones added. By doing this, we provide a product line with more variety and continuing challenges to our LEGO builders. And you never know favorite themes from the past may emerge again with a slightly different look!

I think that last sentence may have been referring to the Power Miners (redo of Rock Raiders) and Space Police (redo of old Space Police) and relaunch of Pirates.

Either way, it looks like LEGO Batman is dead and buried. :( >8(
batsamd

Postby UOldPirate » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Well I would say that pretty much sums it up. Thanks for the info batsamd. I can't say I'm surprised, but still disappointed. Maybe Lego will come up with their own superhero crime fighter line to replace it, kinda like Johnny Thunder to Indiana Jones but in reverse. :)
UOldPirate

Postby The Master » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:53 am

CaptainPike wrote:Apparently it was just poor planning. What an enormous wasted opportunity. I would have bought the batmobile set and several others - if they had been available.

Yep, same here. The Batman licence crumbled like a poorly built bridge. A real shame. I once saw Wave 1 of the sets in a toy shop. They were overpriced (because the toy shop was out to get money, money, money) and I refused to be cheated by the shop owner. After that, I never saw the sets ever again. They came and went quite quickly where I live.

Fast forward a couple of years and the release of a great game, I want Batman Lego! Can I find it? No. :S
:)
The Master

Postby bigkid24 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:42 pm

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I have pretty much all of the sets I wanted and got lucky by accidentally buying a few extra here and there.

I wish it was still around but I'm sort of wondering...if it had stuck around what else is there for them to do? They covered most of the major bat vehicles.
bigkid24

Postby Mr.legoman123 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Lego fett how are we supposed to "look this guy up" if you dont give us his name? >:(
NO ONE CARES ABOUT HOW YOUR DAD SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!!
Mr.legoman123

Postby legofett » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:55 am

Mr.legoman123 wrote:Lego fett how are we supposed to "look this guy up" if you dont give us his name? >:(

They deleted my link for "advertising".
legofett

Postby batsamd » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:53 am

I got one of every Batman set, and two of the Catwoman set for parts, and I'm glad I did.

At first I was planning on boycotting the last wave, only one new villain out of 4 sets, and the Penguin's sub was somewhat of a rehash of the sub in the Batcave.

The first set of the last wave I bought was the Harley Quinn set, then bought the Tumbler set (liked Joker's ice cream truck).

Decided to pick up the Penguin's sub & Mr. Freeze chase sets when TRU had them Buy 1 Get 1/2 off another sale.

At that time I had a sense Batman wasn't going to be around much longer, just didn't realize it was going to go out so soon.

To date, the UCS Batmobile is the only UCS set I own. Pretty nice set too, I wish I would've bought another one when it was marked down.

Also wish I'd bought another Arkham when that was marked down. I would've liked to combine two Arkhams into one big set.
batsamd

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:55 am

batsamd wrote:Also wish I'd bought another Arkham when that was marked down. I would've liked to combine two Arkhams into one big set.

That's absolutely what I wanted to do as well. My parents thought it was too much to have two of the same (rather large) set, so I ended up using pieces from my parts collection to embellish Arkham. I'm sad to see the line die out so quickly. It was only the beginning of the year and all the newer sets were sold out, as well as the older ones of course. Fortunately I was able to get the Harley Quinn Hammer truck from Ebay. I own all of the first wave sets, as well as some others like the Batcopter, Bat-Tank and the afore-mentioned Asylum and Hammer Truck.
Jedd the Jedi

Postby Huntmaster » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:47 pm

I couldn't possibly imagine what they would make. :P
Huntmaster

Next

Return to Licensed Themes