Walmart is applying a 25% discount on 75003 A-wing Starfighter bringing the $24.99 set down to just $18.57. Unfortunately, the item is no longer available to ship to home, but there is free store pick up at your local store.
(Singing) On cycle two of Life Day my first mate gave to me, an impractical escape ship
and a dancing droid beneath the Life Tree. (/Singing)
Remember the flashy little ship Dooku makes his escape in at the end of AotC that you could only assume would be the slowest possible way to get to Coruscant, while spending the majority of the flight impersonating the Dilophosaurus from Jurassic Park? This is it. I like to think Dooku had purchased it years earlier, before he turned to the dark side and had planned on retiring and maybe doing a little sailing in his twilight years. A nice relaxing trek through the stars. The dishes on the side throw off the aesthetic, while simultaneously being my second favourite part behind the 1×4 curved double slope in reddish brown. These sets are nothing if not treasure troves of fiddly bits. Not bad.
To be continued…
Update: added Ninjago
Just browsing around Amazon, and I’m noticing a TON of stuff on sale for around 30%-40% off or more. Click around and you’re bound to find something I haven’t listed below, but here’s a short list I’ve compiled for you anyway:
LEGO Star Wars
- 75019 AT-TE for $49.26, 45% off of $89.99
- 75005 Rancor Pit for $33.11, 45% off of $59.99
- 75020 Jabba’s Sail Barge for $72.67, 39% off of $119.99
- 9496 Desert Skiff for $17.49, 30% off of $29.99
- 75017 Duel on Geonosis for $27.99, 30% off of $39.99
- 75004 Z-95 Headhunter for $26.65, 47% off of $49.99
- 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor for $63.30, 30% off of $89.99
LEGO Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
- 79008 Pirate Ship Ambush for $60.34, 40% off of $99.99
- 79007 Battle at The Black Gate
for $46.99 22% off of $59.99now $39.94, 33% off of $59.99
- 79010 The Goblin King Battle for $57.79, 42% off of $99.99
LEGO Super Heroes
- 76007 Iron Man Malibu Mansion Attack for $26.99, 33% off of $39.99
- 76002 Superman Metropolis Showdown for $8.49, 35% off of $12.99
- 76004 Spider-Man: Spider-Cycle Chase for $13.99, 30% off of $19.99
- 76009 Superman Black Zero Escape for $13.99, 30% off of $19.99
Cyber Monday is here! Only two etailers have Cyber Monday deals to report: Toys’R'Us with one item, a Chima set, and LEGO Shop@Home. Some of the Shop@Home sale items aren’t too bad though. And of course, what is lacking in Cyber Monday deals will be made up tenfold in the next few days as etailers compete for your LEGO dollar. We’ll do our best to keep you informed of the best deals.
- LEGO Monster Fighters 9468 Vampyre Castle 20% – $79.98
- LEGO Creator 7347 Highway Pickup 20% – $63.98
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 6869 Quinjet Aerial Battle 20% – $55.98
- LEGO DC Super Heroes 6864 The Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase 20% – $39.98
- LEGO City 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter 50% – $9.98
- LEGO DC Super Heroes 6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham City 20% – $27.98
- LEGO The Lord of the Rings 9470 Shelob Attacks 30% – $13.98
- LEGO Friends 41011 Stephanie’s Soccer Practice 50% – $4.98
- LEGO Ninjago 9447 Lasha’s Bite Cycle 20% – $19.98
- LEGO Creator 7292 Propeller Adventures 20% – $15.98
- LEGO DC Super Heroes 6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase 20% – $10.48
- 70014 The Croc Swamp Hideout – $44.99 (normal MSRP: $69.99)
Ah, I love the holidays. The smell of freshly baked cookies. The sounds of classic Christmas music filling the air. The twinkling of ten million billion multi-coloured lights strewn about everywhere you look. The trampling of poor unfortunate shoppers in the way of that perfect gift and the smiles of the children as they eagerly await the arrival of the man in red. But wait! Who is that man in red this year you ask? Well, you’ll just have to wait until the 24th to find out because it’s time again for the Star Wars Advent Calendar!
2013 marks the third year of my spamtastic daily reviews of these tiny balls of potential awesomeness/nerd rage and I thought I’d try something a little different. At least until I get bored. This calendar coincides with the planned re-release of Attack of the Clones, this time in fabulously profitable 3D. Well, that release got scrapped, but the LEGO stops for no one. Unless it becomes unprofitable. Let’s get down to business shall we? It’s time I took these little plastic packets more seriously. After all, it HAS been three years, so…
Right now, Toys’R'Us online and brick and mortar locations are offering a BOGO sale on all LEGO construction sets except for Mindstorms, Ninjago, Technic, Hard to Find and sale items. This doesn’t include the new Hobbit sets released for The Desolation of Smaug. And on top of that, they priced those sets at MSRP without their additional markup. Not yet anyway so, like always, time is of the essence. Act now and you can pick up them up at a discount. Their site search is a tad broken but I’ve included links here:
Also, TRU stores have or will have polybag set 30216 Lake-town Guard. It’s listed on their site but doesn’t show online availability so keep your eye out for that one.
Thanks to Tohst for the heads up.
With the clock striking midnight on the east coast, it is now December 1 when The Hobbit merch is now available from most if not all major retailers.
LEGO Shop@Home is now (or should be at least) selling The Hobbit sets. Amazon has had pre-orders available for a few days now, and Walmart has listed all of the sets as well (you’ll have to search on their site for them as browsing through the categories will yield no results since they’ve been miscategorized under Models & Figures). There are also reports of the sets being available at Toys’R'Us stores. If you haven’t bought any of the sets yet, Shop@Home offers free shipping once your order total reaches over $75 and, of course, VIP points. If you’re getting all four sets, you’ll be set for free shipping.
In a rare turn of events we’ve decided to give all you builders couple more days to complete and submit your ships for this round of our tournament. With the deadline originally slated for tomorrow night and only five entries submitted and one confirmed drop out, we now realize we had underestimated just how brutal a five day build window would be while overlapping a major US Holiday. This puts the deadline for this round on Wednesday December 4th, 8PM Pacific time, and the polls will go live that night and end on Friday. The remaining rounds will continue to follow the five day build two day poll layout, just offset due to this extension.