Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Announcing 3300003 LEGO Brand Retail Store

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Announcing 3300003 LEGO Brand Retail Store

Postby onions » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:14 am

Image Image

What you're looking at is the new freebie from LEGO Brand Retail store grand openings. Before, they gave away exclusive little sets themed to the area the store was opening in, then it became minifigs, and now it's this: 3300003 LEGO Brand Retail Store. The ONLY way to obtain this set is by attending the Grand Opening celebrations at any of the upcoming new stores, listed below, and be one of the first people in line. More details can be found at LEGO's Brand Retail Stores website. Official press release below:

[blockquote]
<strong>3300003 LEGO Brand Retail Store</strong>
Ages 7+ 280 pieces

New LEGO Stores are opening soon!

Celebrate the opening of a brand new LEGO Store in your area with the new, exclusive LEGO Brand Retail Store model! Not available for purchase, this set is only given out to a select number of customers with a qualifying purchase during the Grand Opening Celebration. We are proud to announce 10 new locations in North America opening in 2012:

• Nashville, TN
• Victor, NY
• Vancouver, BC; Canada
• Wauwatosa, WI
• The Woodlands, TX
• Peabody, MA
• Overlord Park, KS
• Elizabeth, NJ
• Seattle, WA
• Alpharetta, GA

Stay tuned for details on the Grand Opening Celebrations, featuring the new exclusive, limited-edition LEGO Brand Retail Store set and T-Shirts! For more information, please visit stores.LEGO.com.

Offers will be available during the Grand Opening Celebration only, while supplies last.
Phone orders will not be accepted, to qualify purchase must be made at store location.
[/blockquote]
onions
Damp Noodle

Re: Announcing 3300003 LEGO Brand Retail Store

Postby MisterFubar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:43 am

Overlord Park, KS? Heh.

Glad to see we are getting a store close to home, hate to see that it's going in Oak Park mall.
MisterFubar

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:58 am

It's a cute set, but I'm not sure it's worth fighting mobs of people on opening day for one. BTW, are those trans headlight bricks they're using for the door handles? Sure hope those will become more widely available. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:29 am

Those are pretty rad. Too bad I'm not near any of those. :(
Gooker1

Postby alldarker » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:44 am

Darn. I'll be visiting Nashville for a couple of days later this month, but I'll be back in Europe on April 27th, which is when the Nashville Lego Store opens!
alldarker

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:58 am

MisterFubar wrote:Overlord Park, KS? Heh.

Glad to see we are getting a store close to home, hate to see that it's going in Oak Park mall.

I'm thinking somebody at LEGO needs to be aware that it's Overland Park. Silly people.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby CarsonHart » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 am

That's an amazing little set! Too bad they aren't opening any new ones in California :'(
CarsonHart

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:48 am

CarsonHart wrote:That's an amazing little set! Too bad they aren't opening any new ones in California :'(

Yea, they were all opened up last year. I would publicly like to lobby for a store in Century City. :)
Gooker1

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:16 pm

If it's anything like the minifugres, it would almost be worth the flight to go get one.
crazybirdman

Postby doodlebird » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:53 pm

overlord park rules KC with an iron fist! but as for the resale value of this, as i think crazybirdman is referring to... it might be slightly less than the figs for the sole reason that this won't be exclusive to any one store. sure, it will be very scarce relative to other sets, but if it's the same at every store, it will be less scarce than a set/fig pack that was only released at one store... i'm considering fighting the good fight to get to Houston/Woodlands for this.
doodlebird

Postby SDIronClaw » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:31 pm

I was worried at first moving to TN, but that is past now lol. Plus its closer then the one I was near in CA. The wife......is thrilled too. I actually tried going to the one in Nashville this past weekend, it was opening weekend at Opry Mills Mall, it was packed....the line of traffic was insane. We passed for another time, maybe this weekend.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby manfromporlock » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:09 am

Now if only they could put out a modular building version of this.

Yes, I've seen them on Cuusoo and even supported at least one. But I think TLG itself may be able to whip up something awesome on their own.
manfromporlock

Postby etcknight » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 am

MrCRskater wrote:It's a cute set, but I'm not sure it's worth fighting mobs of people on opening day for one. BTW, are those trans headlight bricks they're using for the door handles? Sure hope those will become more widely available. . .

Ditto.

Speaking of store exclusives - does anyone know what the upcoming exclusive for the 1 yr anniversary of the Costa Mesa Store in Orange County is going to be? Wondering if it's worth fighting the crowds and the drive. ;)
etcknight

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 am

etcknight wrote:
MrCRskater wrote:It's a cute set, but I'm not sure it's worth fighting mobs of people on opening day for one. BTW, are those trans headlight bricks they're using for the door handles? Sure hope those will become more widely available. . .

Ditto.

Speaking of store exclusives - does anyone know what the upcoming exclusive for the 1 yr anniversary of the Costa Mesa Store in Orange County is going to be? Wondering if it's worth fighting the crowds and the drive. ;)

I actually gave them a call, and the employee knew, but was unwilling to tell me what it is. Haha. My guess it will be similar to their store opening, a three pack of minifigs w/ a stamp on the back of them stating the event. Oh, and according to him, it's not the store front. :( It's still fun for me nonetheless. Haha
Gooker1

Postby CarsonHart » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:54 pm

I'm still surprised there isn't a store in L.A. yet. Hopefully soon!
CarsonHart

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:55 pm

CarsonHart wrote:I'm still surprised there isn't a store in L.A. yet. Hopefully soon!

Come oooon Century City!!!
Gooker1

Postby GIR3691 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:41 am

I think I have most of the parts for one of these... I'll have to see if I can make one.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby MisterFubar » Sat May 12, 2012 12:40 pm

The Oak Park Mall location in Overland Park, KS opened yesterday. They said their Grand Opening will be announced sometime in a couple weeks.

Just happened to be at Oak Park mall today with the family and my wife looked at me and said "I wonder where they are going to put the LEGO Store?" and we walked by it like 20 seconds later. "I'm betting it's going to be right there" was my response. :D

Clerk asked me if I had a VIP card and I said yes but he'd have to look it up by email... When it came up I think he was a little surprised at the balance he saw and he said "You certainly do have one" heh.
MisterFubar

Postby MisterFubar » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Picked mine up today at the Grand Opening of the Oak Park Mall store. Cool little set and I only had to wait in line about 45 minutes for it. I wasn't going to wait in line at all for the set but my wife insisted saying I'd probably regret it if I didn't. She did some shopping with my girls while I waited.

It was a pretty big event and a huge turnout but they had all 4 registers going so the lines were moving fairly fast, they were doing the 8 foot Yoda build and Boba Fett, a Rebel Trooper and a Sandpeople couple were there walking around letting kids take pictures with them. Makes me wish I had my TK armor done in time.
MisterFubar

Return to Original Themes