Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

2012 Podracer Challenge

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby AGC » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:35 am

I've almost finished my entry, I just need to add the cables and take photos. One question though: By reply to this thread, do you mean like I am replying know?
AGC
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby AGC » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:43 am

Solo wrote:• No modified parts or cut stickers.


Does this mean I can use parts with stickers from Official Lego Sets?
AGC
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby Blackninjatom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:44 pm

For the minifigs that have the slope "skirt" piece, can we detach the skirt and angle as a technique to make it look like they are sitting instead of standing? The minifig won't be in one complete "piece" but it would look more natural.
I reread the rules and didn't see anything prohibiting this, but I thought I would double check.
Blackninjatom
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:14 pm
Location: VA

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:09 pm

AGC wrote:By reply to this thread, do you mean like I am replying know?
Correct, but you must include your two photos of course.

AGC wrote:Does this mean I can use parts with stickers from Official Lego Sets?
Correct. As long as those stickers aren't cut.

Blackninjatom wrote:For the minifigs that have the slope "skirt" piece, can we detach the skirt and angle as a technique to make it look like they are sitting instead of standing?
Sure. Minfigures without proper legs (the genie, any ladies in slope dresses, figures with fixed short legs... am I missing any others?) can be modified from the waist down to sit in their cockpit.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
Location: right here

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby Blackninjatom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Awesome, especially since I was betting my cockpit design on being able to do that.
Blackninjatom
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:14 pm
Location: VA

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby naugem » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:35 am

Solo wrote:
Blackninjatom wrote:For the minifigs that have the slope "skirt" piece, can we detach the skirt and angle as a technique to make it look like they are sitting instead of standing?
Sure. Minfigures without proper legs (the genie, any ladies in slope dresses, figures with fixed short legs... am I missing any others?) can be modified from the waist down to sit in their cockpit.


Do these modifications include replacing their legs with some other figure's proper legs?
naugem
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby brickster90 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:54 am

naugem wrote:
Solo wrote:
Blackninjatom wrote:For the minifigs that have the slope "skirt" piece, can we detach the skirt and angle as a technique to make it look like they are sitting instead of standing?
Sure. Minfigures without proper legs (the genie, any ladies in slope dresses, figures with fixed short legs... am I missing any others?) can be modified from the waist down to sit in their cockpit.


Do these modifications include replacing their legs with some other figure's proper legs?


Uh, he JUST SAID they can be modified. Of course you can use another figure's legs. If he says "modified" and doesn't explain further, then of course it means you can use proper legs.
brickster90
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:25 am

If it didn't violate several contest rules, I'd be so tempted to just take a photo of the mime, positioned as if he were seated at the controls of a Podracer, and submit that. ;)
Mister Ed
 
Posts: 1161
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:33 am

naugem: Yes.

Mister Ed: I figured someone would do that regardless of it not qualifying. Someone still might if they miss your post.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
Location: right here

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:03 am

just build a pod with trans pieces. then you technically built something.
crazybirdman
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 8:14 am

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby Train 01 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:47 pm

crazybirdman wrote:just build a pod with trans pieces. then you technically built something.


Oh I had that same idea too. :lol:
Train 01
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:01 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby Solo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:12 pm

That's a very clever idea that would actually fit the figure and challenge. I like it.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
Location: right here

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby ZetoVince » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Super Wrestler podracer

Image

That's my first entry in an FBTB's challenge ever and i'm very excited about it!
I hope the fact that it has not an ordinary cockpit design will not get me disqualified!
The energy binder made of 2 cones and one flame part...and a bit of photoshop work!

Image
Last edited by ZetoVince on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
Image
ZetoVince
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:52 am

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby Solo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:38 am

That looks incredible! The cockpit is perfectly acceptable. The logos added on your photos however... you'll need to remove those per the rules.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
Location: right here

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby Stardusty » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:09 am

Oh my, that's incredible!
I can't imagine any other entry will be better than this one.
Stardusty
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:30 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby InsaneJames10 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Space Villain Podracer

Image
Space Villain Podracer par InsaneJames, sur Flickr

That's my first contest on FBTB and my first post XD

Hope you like it !!!

Image
Podracer Cockpit par InsaneJames, sur Flickr
InsaneJames10
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby itchybreath » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:15 pm

I had a similar rocket-punch-thrusters in mind for the boxer. well played, zeto!
itchybreath
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby Solo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Imagine yours and his going head to head. Or glove to glove I guess. Is toe to toe the boxing version? Whatever. Lets see it!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 am
Location: right here

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Does that Space Villain podracer count? I thought only twin engines were allowed.
Oky Wan Kenobi
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:53 pm
Location: Fullerton, California

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge

Postby phuonom » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:13 pm

This was a really fun build! Thanks for the great contest!

This is the cockpit:
Image
cockpit by Phuonom, on Flickr

And here's the whole thing:
Image
Pod by Phuonom, on Flickr

Here are more pics in my MOC gallery http://www.flickr.com/photos/68710518@N02/

Here's hopin' I have the luck o' the Irish.
phuonom
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron