Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Legolas Poster Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Legolas Poster Revealed

Postby Staff » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:21 pm

LEGO LOTR Legolas The Two Towers

This poster popped up on theonering.net yesterday, but I was waiting for confirmation from my LEGO contact before posting it. It didn't look up to snuff so at first I thought it was a very well done fake, but now that I got the official PDF file, I realize I'm wrong. It's just a badly done official poster. I guess I shouldn't be too critical, but the left hand really bothers me as well as the hair/quiver/bow situation. Legolas had long hair but how they're going to integrate a quiver pack remains to be seen.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/01/20/legolas-poster-revealed/
Staff

Re: Legolas Poster Revealed

Postby cas » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Thank you for not making a pun out of his name. If I see another one I think I'll jam my keyboard through my eye socket.

I've been looking at this poster for the last couple of days and decided the final plastic product will have to vary from this (aside from the obvious CG liberties). The hair would have to stick out considerably to form over the quiver and in this rendering it simply fades into it. It also looks like the bow connects to the quiver, which I hope is in the final product, but that would cause even more problems with the flow of the hair piece. I'm very interested in seeing the actual figure to see how they address these issues. Also the face looks too masculine for Legolas.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:52 pm

i predict that they'll reuse the elf hair/ear piece from the collectible minifigures and just print the pony tail on the back of the torso.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby cas » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:58 pm

I don't think Lego'll reuse the the cmf elf hairpiece for this character, it doesn't look like Legolas's hair as presented in the films, but since they have printed hair on figures before, I wouldn't put it past them to use a slight variation of the cmf part. I have a feeling these renderings are based on physical prototypes and the hair will resemble the what we're seeing on the poster. I've considered the hair will be specifically molded for a figure wearing quiver, that the back of the hair is designed with an angle to fit snugly against the quiver without draping over the back. That would mean it would look awkward on any other figure not wearing a quiver.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby RancorRider8 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:49 pm

What's the matter with the left hand?
Rancors are neither cuddly, nor cute. But it's one heck of a riding experience!
(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
RancorRider8

Postby Blacknight » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:23 am

RancorRider8 wrote:What's the matter with the left hand?

I have a good answer for that but it wouldn't be appropriate for this site.
Blacknight

Return to Licensed Themes