Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Sneak Peek At 2012 Star Wars Polybags

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Sneak Peek At 2012 Star Wars Polybags

Postby Staff » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:14 pm

30056 Star Destroyer30058 STAP

Huw and Kram over on Brickset have managed to scope a couple of images for 2012 Star Wars polybags that will eventually end up in UK newspaper giveaways and/or Target impulse bins. Nothing new or exciting to be sure, I personally see no interesting or rare parts and the models themselves have been done nearly to death. Mini lovers (like me) will probably want them anyway and the rest will cross their fingers and hope for some ridiculous Target clearance, so good luck either way!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/12/29/sneak-peek-at-2012-star-wars-polybags/
Staff

Re: Sneak Peek At 2012 Star Wars Polybags

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:20 pm

I kinda want that STAP. It looks nicer than any of the versions I currently own. I'm just not sure I'll be willing to pay the price attached. Also, given how seldom I have found ANY of the Star Wars polybags at my local Target, I'm starting to suspect that I have somebody local who goes and cleans them out routinely. Given the army building potential of the STAP polybag, I fully expect to never see one in store.
Mister Ed

Postby Dendo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:25 pm

I wonder if the Star Destroyer is a lead-in to a re-release of it's larger, system-scale counterpart?

Also, I think I like the older mini better.
Dendo

Postby Ancalagon » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:15 am

Looks like the STAP is a recolored version of the 2009 30004 Battle Droid on STAP set that was given away with The Daily Mirror.
Ancalagon

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:42 am

I'm up for both, but then again I'm a diehard MINI collector. A bit more excited over the STAP than the SD since I don't recall the brown version STAP ever making it in a MINI set by itself and it's been years since the last iteration showed up (Naboo Swamp 1999?). This SD is not so elaborate. I thought the original MINI version was fantastic.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Commander23c » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:57 pm

The stap will be awesome,the last version of brown was seen in the 2007 droid battlepack
Commander23c

Postby Diaaabo » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:14 am

Diaaabo

Postby THX 1138 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:42 pm

The Star Destroyer looks okay for the size, but nothing great. I'm really disappointed that they simplified the STAP design from what it had been, using one piece rather than several for the main vertical part. It doesn't look as good on this, and won't fit in very well with previous versions. Anakin's Podracer looks pretty good, though, especially for the size, and it's nice to see a CIS-colored MTT.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby skyward72 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:39 pm

Could a System Clone Wars MTT be on the way?
skyward72

Postby Bellicose » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 pm

I think the MTT looks great!
Bellicose

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:02 am

As a big fan of Minis, I gotta say that none of these are turning my gears. They look like charicatures of the ships, especially that MTT.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:56 am

Has Target ever put out Lego MINIs for Valentine's Day like they do for Easter, Halloween, and Christmas? If Target releases all four during the year, I hope they do it for a seasonal release instead of what was done for the Republic Cruiser where there's no telling when/if they go on clearance.

The MTT looks interesting. I'm curious to see if it is about the same scale as the original brown MTT.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby cas » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 am

Mandalorian Candidat wrote:I'm curious to see if it is about the same scale as the original brown MTT.

It looks way smaller, about half the size of the original.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Bellicose » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:45 pm

Mandalorian Candidat wrote:Has Target ever put out Lego MINIs for Valentine's Day like they do for Easter, Halloween, and Christmas? If Target releases all four during the year, I hope they do it for a seasonal release instead of what was done for the Republic Cruiser where there's no telling when/if they go on clearance.

Screw being greedy, I just want a shot at purchasing at least one each of each of them...with the current seasonal offering and ensuing liquidations, I rarely have a chance at purchasing the polybags before some greedy collector scoops shopping cartfuls up to re-sell at markup.

I don't have a problem with the concept of the enterprising person coming upon a discount and floating the money to re-sell, but I do have a problem when the item can't be found pre-discount, suddenly they're out and on clearance, and gone in a flash before I can even get to the stores 2 miles each from my house. That sucks. Target needs to work on that IMO.
Bellicose

Postby Ancalagon » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:24 pm

I just found both the Star Destroyer and STAP sets at Wal-Mart as well as the 30053 Republic Attack Cruiser set, 8028 TIE Fighter set, a City boat set, and a Ninjago minifigure set. They were in the toy section not the Easter seasonal items.
Ancalagon

Postby batsamd » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:51 am

Ancalagon wrote:I just found both the Star Destroyer and STAP sets at Wal-Mart as well as the 30053 Republic Attack Cruiser set, 8028 TIE Fighter set, a City boat set, and a Ninjago minifigure set. They were in the toy section not the Easter seasonal items.

I saw the same setup at one of my Walmarts a while back. The city and I believe the Ninjago sets were $3.50. The STAP was $3.99, so I passed on it since I've quit buying PT and CW SW sets. Not sure how much the SW mini-ships were, since I don't buy those either I didn't check the price.

I ended up buying the City Police boat with the forest ranger pilot.

The sad thing is that there were a few open baggies of the Ninjago sets, with their pieces and instructions scattered about and of course the ninja figure missing.

Last night went to the same Walmart and they only had 1 STAP and a Star Destroyer in sealed bags, with a few city and STAP bags thrown about with pieces scattered everywhere.

Definitely think Walmart screwed up putting these in with the toys, they should have put them in the checkout aisles like Target does.

Actually, I also found some big blocks and bigger bags, suggesting some actual sets had been opened and scavenged, not just the polybags. Those bigger set pieces may have been MegaBloks, because they were some weird shaped pieces I hadn't seen before.
batsamd

Postby Bellicose » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:35 pm

Wow I hate Wal-Mart.

Besides the fact that they're generally bad for the country, and the zombie degenerate clientele that walk right into you or ram you with their shopping cart, my disdain for WM got exemplified today - swung by my local store, which is always kind of a dump (it's an older store that has seen way better days), and went to the toy area. For a change it was actually organized, LEGO product boxes all faced properly (this isn't common, usually it's pretty disheveled), but no polybags or Series-anything minifigs to be seen. Check the endcaps, no joy. Then find the toy 'clearance' section - not really a section, just about 3 feet of shelves - and there's 6 polybags literally buried in there with other toys (I'm serious, stuff just thrown in there like a dirty clothes hamper), no price stickers on them to indicate a clearance, no barcodes or prices on the shelf. Fine, I'm not really looking for a deal, I just want some star destroyers...flag down an associate to ask if there's any others elsewhere in the store, like a seasonal display or anything (I couldn't find one), and he says "no, those are clearance. See here? It has a warning for chokeable parts for kids...WM won't carry anything that children can choke on, that's why we're getting rid of them." I didn't ask him about the shelves full of legos and K'NEX and other play toys behind him, no point...

...sigh...

oh and they rang up at 3.99, full price. Got one STAP, one TIE, one police boat and one ultralight plane. I left one more VSD and TIE behind in the pile.
Bellicose

Return to Star Wars