Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[POLL] Wheels of Justice: Batmobile

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Batmobile

Poll ended at Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:06 am

4%
2%
7%
0%
3%
5%
4%
6%
22%
0%
5%
0%
4%
2%
5%
10%
1%
15%
0%
2%
3%

Total votes : 211

[POLL] Wheels of Justice: Batmobile

Postby onions » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:06 am

Here's the poll for the Batmobile half of the Wheels of Justice contest. You can pick up to 3 of your favorites. Poll closes in five days. Good luck to all!
onions
Founder
Founder

Re: [POLL] Wheels of Justice: Batmobile

Postby Adrian Industries » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Yarg, I thought we could only vote for one person. To late now though. To bad :'( :(
Adrian Industries

Postby curtydc » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:03 am

I'm glad you've hidden the results. Sometimes I feel people are swayed by the majority votes rather then giving any consideration of their own. It was an easy top 3 for me:) Good luck to you all. I wish I had noticed this contest sooner, would have been fun to enter.
curtydc

Postby volumex » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:59 am

@ sparkart, well played!
Would you please post some more detailed pictures of your winning entry in the MOC pages:
Engine / Weapons / Batman Gadgets / Cockpit / A top view maybe?
volumex

Postby vynsane » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:36 am

^ He did you one better than that - his original post included a link to the LDD design file, so you can play with it virtually on your computer!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby volumex » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:56 am

vynsane wrote:^ He did you one better than that - his original post included a link to the LDD design file, so you can play with it virtually on your computer!

My post was @ sparkart!
volumex

Postby buriedbybricks » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:32 am

Yes Volumex and if you follow that link and scroll down, you'll see sparkart
's ldd file in his post.
buriedbybricks

Postby volumex » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:17 pm

Yes, but that was not my original question... LDD files were not part of the contest, I'm unsure why 'Vysane' thinks he went one step 'bette'r by providing them? Both your responses seem very interesting...
volumex

Postby buriedbybricks » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:36 pm

volumex wrote:Yes, but that was not my original question... LDD files were not part of the contest, I'm unsure why 'Vysane' thinks he went one step 'bette'r by providing them? Both your responses seem very interesting...

No LDD files weren't part of the contest, but neither was the need for more than one photo. I'm guessing he thinks it's better because you can not only see the model from every possible angle, but see the exact parts used as well.
buriedbybricks

Postby LorLego » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:34 pm

:shock:
LorLego

Postby vynsane » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:14 pm

^^ Exactly. I would think the ability to digitally pull apart a MOC brick by brick would be (at least) a step better than a few extra pictures.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby volumex » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:41 am

vynsane wrote:^^ Exactly. I would think the ability to digitally pull apart a MOC brick by brick would be (at least) a step better than a few extra pictures.

So what you saying is, it would influence your vote? By the way which is your entry?
volumex

Postby onions » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:32 am

alright i feel the need to intervene here as it seems your attitude, volumex, is approaching hostility.

it seems to me that based on your posts in this thread that you feel like your entry is superior in every way and should have won. regarding this post:

volumex wrote:@ sparkart, well played!
Would you please post some more detailed pictures of your winning entry in the MOC pages:
Engine / Weapons / Batman Gadgets / Cockpit / A top view maybe?

my first read through this thread, it didn't really strike me as anything out of the ordinary; it sounded like you genuinely wanted to see more pics but subsequent posts of yours lead me to believe that since sparkarts photostream lacked those detailed pics, it sounds more like a challenge for him to show features on his MOC that you worked on to include in yours.

my understanding of vynsane's post was that he read it the same way as my initial impression and responded in kind by pointing out the LDD file that sparkart was nice enough to provide for his model. his beginning statement of "he did you one better" was simply pointing out that instead of taking a bunch of photographs, his opinion was that an LDD model was superior. it wasn't to mock your second place finish though i can see maybe why you took it that way based on the language.

the following posts made by you seem to be coming from a very agitated state, especially your last one. it sounded very confrontational. it should not matter if vynsane entered the contest or not. he was merely expounding on the convenience of having an LDD file to play with. he did not mean it in a way that providing an LDD file was an advantage that influenced people's votes in the contest.

second place isn't too shabby; you pulled in a lot of votes and you should be proud of that. if i can offer one piece of constructive criticism, it's that maybe you should have photographed your moc on a lighter or more neutral shaded background so that the details can be seen better. i found your entry photo to be too dark and the angle was a little weird as well. if i could offer a second piece of advice, it's to stop being a sore loser.

i could be completely off base here. it's late, i'm tired, and i could be reading too much into this whole thread. i really don't need any more drama in our contests.

-----

congrats sparkart! pm me your address.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby volumex » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:06 am

Whoah, sore loser.... Why! Honestly...
I posted both the winners (GL & Batmobile) to maybe show us alot more detail? what's wrong with that?
I think you've got the wrong end of the stick, if recall I didnt ask about LDD files?
As runner up I just wanted to take a closer look at what beat me by a long shot and maybe share it with the rest of us?
Vynsane was just trying to go around what my original question was and saying it's only better cos he gave LDD files for people to test drive his MOC during the contest? (which I think needs to maybe be reviewed for future contests?) He was very defense and his tone seemed like that was the deal breaker between the two.

In terms of the pictures, I remember taking some good advice from ROOK on entering contests (pictures/contests), my pictures they were done so on purpose, it goes with the name, BLKSHADOW, I also spent alot of time on presentation, cos I knew everybody would shoot white as the batmobiles are black. Try shooting something black on black, not an easy task.
You say I pulled in alot of votes, frankly the turnout on votes I found disappointing having followed the Bounty Hunter contest from round to round. I thought the top runners would achieve much higher? Only because the polls were open for longer period.

I'm disappointed but who wouldnt be, that build is over 75 hours of my life which I cant get back... LOL!
I'm new here and it's only my second MOC on FBTB, your'e been way too harsh!
volumex

Postby onions » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:30 am

like i said, i could be completely off base on my assessment on the overall tone of this thread. and i'm not the only one. that's the drawback of the internet. you just seemed very antagonistic with your responses. vynsane can speak for himself but i didn't get that he was being defensive at all. and again, i took that him pointing out the LDD files was better for someone to view the models from all angles, not that it was better to get more votes for the contest which you seem to think it was.

i still think shooting a black model on a dark background was a mistake. shooting a black model on a white background is probably not a good idea either in most cases since a lot of point and shoot cameras don't have a great dynamic range and the stark contrast makes it harder to pull the details out of the model. I would have chosen a neutral gray background myself. but to each their own.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby volumex » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:09 pm

Yeah, the net makes it alot harder to gauge were the conversation is going or intent of direction. I just think we cant jump into any mean exchanges, a 'sore' loser wouldn't be offering his interest in seeing more of the winners goods!
I was actually going to suggest we actually have something like that in place, its like an overview, the winner submit's pictures not offered during the contest and can be featured on the MOC pages, so its not wham bam, win and good-bye, more like, Wham Bam lookie here. LOL :)

My thoughts on going black were just to be different and show and create a certain mood. I pictured this dark shiny metal beast just waiting in the 'shadows', like those ol' school animations. All just a little fun on the side.. since it was a super hero theme!
Point taken on the grey, but sometimes it can make certain MOC's look flat, it depends on many factors.
I have posted 'out of the shadows' pictures which were taken at the same time as the black, it includes shots not seen before, including a side profile. I dont mind the white but its not as strong as the black! Plus any Batman fan in room should run for cover, cos it 'ant dark! LOL
Anyway, here is the link...

Here is the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67800098@N ... hotostream
volumex

Return to Contests & Community Builds