Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Super Heroes 2012 Set Images Surface

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Super Heroes 2012 Set Images Surface

Postby Staff » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:59 pm

Listings have been discovered on Amazon.fr, giving some nice images of the 2012 LEGO Super Heroes Sets. Click through to see larger images.

6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase
6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase
6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase 1

6860 The Batcave
6860 The Batcave
6860 The Batcave 1

6862 Superman vs Power Armour Lex
6862 Superman vs Power Armor Lex
6862 Superman vs Power Armor Lex 1

6863 Batwing Battle over Gotham City
6863 Batwing Battle Over Gotham City

6864 Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase
6864 Batmobile and the Two-Face Chase

Found via Brick Heroes.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/11/20/super-heroes-2012-set-images-surface/
Staff

Re: Super Heroes 2012 Set Images Surface

Postby Flynn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:50 pm

Surely with something like Batman, they could've thought to do something more than just remake all the previous sets down to the choice of figures?

It's especially not helped by the fact that none of them look to be as good as the originals...
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:44 pm

^^ This, Seconded, QFT, whatever. Flynn nailed it. The helicopter design might look a little better in the box illustration, but the Batwing looks like poo.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby EbonHawk » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:30 am

These aren't as great as I had expected. Really no stickers on Joker's "Bang" gun and Orange Two-Face, Really?
EbonHawk

Postby volumex » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:46 am

....mmm, not so sure this has 'winner' written on it? the theme sets have a dated look to them, it seems it spent alot of time in the boardrooms instead of the studio? The Batmobile is rather disappointing...
volumex

Postby Andi » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:41 am

Flynn says what I think.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby MacLane » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:25 am

Okay so the Power Armor Lex set. It's unfortunate that Wonder Woman is playing the "damsel in distress" when it is Superman who would be needing the saving based on his proximity to all that Kryptonite. Oh well, LEGO is trying.
MacLane
Oh Chibi, You're So Fine You're So Fine You Blow My Mind, Hey Chibi! Hey Chibi!

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:32 am

I'm kind of bummed that it looks like Batman doesn't come with a cape in the Catwoman set. Frankly, I'm not sure I'm enough of a Batman fan to buy a bigger set just to get one with a cape.
Mister Ed

Postby cas » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:41 am

MacLane wrote:It's unfortunate that Wonder Woman is playing the "damsel in distress"

All I'm thinking is "Way to reinforce gender stereotypes, Lego." Regardless, I can't say no to the set.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Crusader » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:29 am

I'm glad that kids that missed out on Batman before will have a chance to get him, but I agree that these sets look weaker than the original Batman line. My wallet is grateful! I am also pleased that the Lex Luthor set is mid-sized so I can pick up the three new figs in that set for hopefully not too much. The mech Lex is piloting looks fairly lame in comparison to the similar Agents set we got. Perhaps more time and effort will be on display in the Marvel sets.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby etcknight » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Does this mean we'll finally get to see a Batwoman / Batgirl?
etcknight

Postby dWhisper » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:24 pm

Glad I sold off all my Batman minifigs awhile ago. I'm unimpressed by these sets. Sure, I'll buy them for the minifigs... but honestly, the sets themselves are fairly meh.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby StoutFiles » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:02 pm

cas wrote:
MacLane wrote:It's unfortunate that Wonder Woman is playing the "damsel in distress"

All I'm thinking is "Way to reinforce gender stereotypes, Lego." Regardless, I can't say no to the set.

It looks like she's fighting it, not screaming for help. Although, I have no idea why she's trying to use her Truth Lasso on it. :facepalm:
StoutFiles

Postby Walter Boy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Until we get more Nolan inspired Batman sets, I don’t think I’ll be dishing out cash on these any time soon.

Still, that Superman set isn't too bad looking. :)
Walter Boy

Postby Marty » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:45 pm

After looking at the sets (with clearer non-fuzzy pictures?) I can honestly say, that sets looked better fuzzy?
The sets are pretty basic, the figures are though, slightly changed, aren't that big improvement, and certainly not a patch on the original series that Lego first produced. Honestly they have lost the draw, it once had.
The only good thing about these new sets, is the fact that kids / Adults alike can get the figures cheaply depending on the price of the sets, and some new ones to boot.

As for my opinion on these, I'm pissed but... what can you do, we're at the mercy of the designers, an they know better than us mere mortals?
I can only point out that the custom versions keep coming, and that when the new sets arrive, they are redesigned / customised very quickly, Marty.
Marty

Postby batsamd » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:00 pm

Not sure if this is worthy of a new topic, so throwing it in here.

The DC Superheroes minisite has been updated.
batsamd

Postby Nick2253 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Walter Boy wrote:Until we get more Nolan inspired Batman sets, I don’t think I’ll be dishing out cash on these any time soon.

This. The Nolan Batman universe is much cooler than anything DC ever came up with. Though you can understand why LEGO isn't going in that direction: if they pull from Nolan, then they have to match much more closely with the movies, whereas if the just pull from the comics, not everyone has seen the comics, and they are less "bound" to a specific look.
Nick2253

Postby Flynn » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Nick2253 wrote:The Nolan Batman universe is much cooler than anything DC ever came up with.

How so? The Tumbler is the only really memorable piece of machinery or whatnot that I can think of from the films- most of the imagery that I remember from Batman either comes from the comics or the 90's animated series.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby batsamd » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:50 am

Flynn wrote:
Nick2253 wrote:The Nolan Batman universe is much cooler than anything DC ever came up with.

How so? The Tumbler is the only really memorable piece of machinery or whatnot that I can think of from the films- most of the imagery that I remember from Batman either comes from the comics or the 90's animated series.

I agree with you Flynn, and for me, I wasn't much of a fan of the Tumbler when I first saw it. I'm used to Batman driving race car like vehicles, not tanks.

The Tumbler has grown on me and I did pick up the LEGO Tumbler set, although at the time I mostly got it for Joker's Ice Cream truck. :)

The main reason I'm not to thrilled for this first wave of sets is because most of them are rehashes of previous Batman sets that I already have.

That's probably the reason I was so excited about Joker's Funhouse set, because it is somewhat a villan's hideout (don't even get me started on the Riddler and Bane's Hideout set from the previous Batman sets) and is an entirely new set.

That's also why I'm excited for the Superman set, because it is completely new with all new figures.

I'm just hoping that the next DC wave will have a lot more new heroes and villans, that's what I'm waiting for.

I wonder if they'll make a head piece similar to the new Darth Maul's for Flash's head wings or just print them on a regular minifig head.

I have the new Darth Maul minifig and I don't particularly care for the new head cap, it makes the head look to long and the gap between the cap and the head is distracting.

Of course it probably doesn't help that the tattoo printing on the face and cap don't line up on my Darth Maul. I don't think Flash's minfig would have that problem since most of his head is red except for the eyes and mouth areas.
batsamd

Postby Nick2253 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Flynn wrote:

I am hard science fiction kinda guy, so I was never very much a fan on the DC universe, which more or less road roughshod over science. In Nolan's universe, it's much more grounded and realistic, and there is a real-world explanation for everything that's going on.

I mean, this is obviously my opinion, and is not a some statement of fact, but I like Nolan's universe much better than DC's.
Nick2253

Next

Return to Licensed Themes