Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MOC Madness 2011 Winners!

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

MOC Madness 2011 Winners!

Postby Staff » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:54 am

MOC Madness 2011

The MOC Madness 2011 tournament has come to a close and the winners have finally been determined. Before we announce the winners, I'd like to thank everyone who participated and submitted an entry. It was a real pleasure seeing the entries rolling in. We try to format the bounty hunter tournament to be as open ended as possible and the submissions did not disappoint. There was a wide range of styles and designs, and the winning entries reflect that range. So, without further ado, I present the winners.

In third place, Joel "JD4M" Baker's Raesha Ka-Lia and the Soul Snatcher, aka the Fat Mandalorian.

Raesha Ka-Lia Soul Snatcher

In second place, Tyler "Legohaulic"'s Vet Steele and the Avid Steele.

Vet Steele Avid Steele - 01

And the winner of the MOC Madness 2011 Tournament is Zane "zhouston" Houston's Niobrara Shaar and the Arkose VII.

Niobrara Shaar
Arkose VII

Congratulations to the big winners!

But that's not all. We have one more prize to give away and it's for the Jury Selection, sponsored by The LEGO Group. The staff voted in two rounds of polls to narrow down our favorites among the entries, and the winner is:

Jack "madLEGOman" McKeen's Constable Drex and the Hand of Fate.

ConstableDrex01 HandOfFate01

Jack is the recipient of 7930 Bounty Hunter Gunship. Congratulations!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/12/01/moc-madness-2011-winners/
Staff

Re: MOC Madness 2011 Winners!

Postby onions » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:26 am

madlegoman: pm me your address.
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby volumex » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:55 am

Hats off to the team for providing an amazing contest... Ive enjoyed this from the sidelines.... till next year :)
Three cheers for the team guys! ;)
Congrats all round.
volumex

Postby ForestFeller » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:53 am

Congrats to the winners, your ships very much deserved that title. This was an awesome contest, and I had a blast building and competing with my entry. Even though I didn't win, I am still very happy with a top 16 finish. Thanks especially to the staff for organizing this, I'll be sure to enter next year again!
ForestFeller

Postby madLEGOman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:27 am

Wait?! I won something? Sweet! That's awesome! Not quite my goal of winning a T-shirt, but that's alright. I'll keep trying =) Thanks very much guys. And I gotta hugely congratulate the top spot winners, all of your ships were fantastic! as were so many other great entries. But, in the end, there can be only one, so good job zane for decapitating 90 some other contestants; I definitely think you deserve it.

btw to forest, I think you're looking at it the wrong way... the way i see it, i was in a 4 way tie for for 5th place... by that same reasoning, that would put you in some kinda crazy 8 way tie for 6th place. Doesn't 6th place sound better than making it to the top 16? =) Anyway, that's just the way I see it. so congrats to you too.
madLEGOman

Postby volumex » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:47 am

If the t-shirt dont fit...I'll take it? LOL
volumex

Postby xiei22 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:14 pm

As i already said, congratulations zane...
But, dont forget the amazing second and third place!!! i expecially loved the fat mandalorian...really. Very well done!
madLEGOman wrote:btw to forest, I think you're looking at it the wrong way... the way i see it, i was in a 4 way tie for for 5th place... by that same reasoning, that would put you in some kinda crazy 8 way tie for 6th place. Doesn't 6th place sound better than making it to the top 16? =) Anyway, that's just the way I see it. so congrats to you too.

I don't understand all your post....due to my bad english...but i'll explain my personal way to decide the "total ranking":
for my own happines ( XD ) i like to say that i'm the fifth, because the last one that "defeated me" in the TOP 8 now is the winner...so i'm not second, but fifth....S'iv is the Sixth, you are the SPECIAL-ONE-Seventh, and Banshee is the Eighth.

again, thank you all to this marvelous MOC MADNESS!
xiei22

Postby ForestFeller » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:12 pm

madLEGOman wrote:btw to forest, I think you're looking at it the wrong way... the way i see it, i was in a 4 way tie for for 5th place... by that same reasoning, that would put you in some kinda crazy 8 way tie for 6th place. Doesn't 6th place sound better than making it to the top 16? =) Anyway, that's just the way I see it. so congrats to you too.

Haha, that is an interesting way to look at it. I would still think of it as a top 16, but thanks! :)
ForestFeller

Postby Walter Boy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Congrats to all the winners!

I had fun participating. :D
Walter Boy

Postby Stardusty » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:05 pm

Congratulations to all the winners!
I'm glad Hand of Fate won something. IMHO, Constable Drex was the coolect bounty hunter in the contest.

This contest was really exciting and I just can't believe it all ended... :(
Stardusty

Postby GroudonMan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Congrats to the winners! Had a really fun time with this contest, making my first serious MOC and then voting throughout the tournament. Glad to see my favorites among the winners!
GroudonMan

Postby SDIronClaw » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Congratulations to the winners, you all did a awesome job. Also would like to convey my congrats to all participants for building some really creative models.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby HappyStikBeaver » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Congrats to all the winners, the MOC's were fantastic in this contest. I guess when the stakes are this high, people go above and beyond. But then again, it's not all about the prizes, right? Right? Okay... Oh, and I'm glad that madLEGOman's ship won something, as it was my favorite of the whole group.
HappyStikBeaver

Postby naugem » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:38 am

Congrats to the winners. very cool ships all of them!
naugem

Postby zhouston » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:27 pm

I just got my package in the mail! Thanks again to all the FBTB staff for another amazing contest!!!
zhouston
David

Return to Contests & Community Builds