Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

More 2012 Set Images: Star Wars, Cars, DC, Spongebob

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: More 2012 Set Images: Star Wars, Cars, DC, Spongebob

Postby Brickweiser » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 am

Looks like the stormtrooper in the Battlepack has a new print:

Courtesy of Brickipedia
Brickweiser

Postby Walter Boy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:31 am

Speaking of new prints, I'm pretty disappointed with C3PO's new print, not because of detail or accuracy, but because it will make all the other protocol droids released before this feel obsolete.

Also, I'm hearing some rumor about the Jedi Starfighters pricing being in the fifty dollar range. It's weird really. The exclusives seem to be the most overpriced sets we get each year.

First the Naboo Starfighter for fifty, and now this? Really, Lego? Really?
Walter Boy

Postby Draykov » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:19 am

Walter Boy wrote:The exclusives seem to be the most overpriced sets we get each year.

Retailer-specific exclusives tend to be priced at a premium - presumably so the retailer that requested the exclusive set can milk it.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Flynn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Walter Boy wrote:Speaking of new prints, I'm pretty disappointed with C3PO's new print, not because of detail or accuracy, but because it will make all the other protocol droids released before this feel obsolete.

That's my problem with a lot of these updated prints- we've had some good, solid printings on these figures for the past 7-10 years or so, and now they decide to change it when it's really not necessary. Especially when the new torsos aren't really that remarkable anyways.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby THX 1138 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:22 pm

lowlead wrote:The TIE is the crown jewel without contest if you ask me. Great-looking updated OT ship complete with four great figs - what's not to like?

Probably the price. It looks a little bit bigger than the last standard TIE fighter that was released, is much more detailed, and comes with four rare figures. My optimistic guess at its price is $30, but it'll probably be at least $40. I am really looking forward to this one though. Pretty much everything about it, but especially the wings, are far better. If it does end up being more affordable than I'm expecting, I may even be tempted to get two.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby cas » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:02 pm

THX 1138 wrote:My optimistic guess at its price is $30, but it'll probably be at least $40.

Try $50.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:46 pm

cas wrote:Try $50.

Bingo
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Bellicose » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:56 am

I guess I don't mind paying $50 for quality...with the combination of a great ship design for a change and outstanding minifigs, I'm happy. Without both of those two factors it's a ripoff. Don't get me wrong, it might have been nice to have as a $30 model with just one minifig, but overall I'm content with what we'll be getting here.
Bellicose

Previous

Return to Star Wars