Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New LEGO Target Gift Card

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

New LEGO Target Gift Card

Postby Staff » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:12 pm

Remember this Target gift card from last year?

There are reports coming in that there is a new set for this year. It has 49 pieces and can be built into either Bullseye the Target dog, a polar bear, or a snowman. Minimum money to put down for the gift card is $5.00 but you can cycle that to purchase additional cards. I'm on my way out right now to try and find one. If you have a picture, share it with us in the thread or use the contact us form.

Update: SH1 from the forums pointed out that the weekly ad has an image:

Very nice. Of course, now everyone's going to HAVE to get two, three if they didn't get last year's.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/11/01/new-lego-target-gift-card/
Staff

Re: New LEGO Target Gift Card

Postby SH1 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:51 pm

I found these in the Target weekly ad this morning. Here's a pic:

The 3-in-1 feature is definitely a nice upgrade!
SH1

Postby itchybreath » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:55 pm

is the eye printed or sticker?
itchybreath

Postby onions » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:59 pm

if its the same as last year, the bullseye element is printed on a 1x1 brick.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:02 pm

Trying to decide if I really need another one of these, and unfortunately I'm starting to lean towards "yes". At least I can put $5 on it and use it towards more LEGO later..
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:13 pm

earlier this year, like around february, i was in a target and ran into a stack of them. i guess they found their shipment a little late for the holidays. anyways, they had about 6 of them. i paid 5 bucks on one, and then used that card to pay for the next card, rinse and repeat. then i used the card to pay for the stuff we were actually getting from target. toilet paper + free lego = awesome target run.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:07 am

I'd be interested in this, except I got last year's, and the quality of the pieces was horrible. Pretty much every small part has cracked noticeably, cheese slopes, 1x1 bricks (including the printed eye ones), the ears, its a horror show, cracks all over the place.
Mister Ed

Postby onions » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:47 am

SH1 wrote:I found these in the Target weekly ad this morning. Here's a pic:

The 3-in-1 feature is definitely a nice upgrade!

Weird. It doesn't show up for my weekly ad. Do you by chance have an item number?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby anakinisvader » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:18 pm

I picked up three of these for my kids. Pretty cool little sets. They come in a nice plastic container to hold all of the pieces and instructions. The target eye piece is printed and not a sticker. Get em while you can because I went back two days later to the same Target to pick more up and they were all gone.
anakinisvader

Postby ForestFeller » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Is there a limit on how many you can get?
ForestFeller

Postby legomason » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Today I saw an endcap of giftcards with these displayed at the top rather prominently. It was right next to the greeting card aisle.

When you are using one to buy the next one over and over, do you do it right at the checkout? What has been your experience when doing this?
legomason

Postby onions » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:18 pm

yes, do it right at check out. tell the cashier you want multiple transactions. minimum amount you have to put on the card is $5. pay for one, then use the card to pay for the next. make sure you keep your piles separated so there's no confusion as to which cards were paid for and have a 0 balance. with the last card i usually get a drink and a polybag set.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:39 pm

See, I'd be embarassed to do that. It may be technically legit, but it FEELS (to me at least) like ripping off the store, and (and this would bother me more) depriving a number of OTHER LEGO fans of the chance to get one of these. I don't even like to PAY for large numbers of multiples of one set for the latter reason, and this is like clearing them out for free.

Would leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Mister Ed

Postby legomason » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Yes, but the reason they have the toy attached to the giftcard is so the person who receives it forgets the giftcard is there and throws it out/never uses it. It's like someone paying $20+ for a $3.99 set. So who is getting ripped off now?
legomason

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:09 pm

legomason wrote:Yes, but the reason they have the toy attached to the giftcard is so the person who receives it forgets the giftcard is there and throws it out/never uses it. It's like someone paying $20+ for a $3.99 set. So who is getting ripped off now?

Actually, the fact that they changed it from last year, when the card was actually part of the case, so that now the card is separate and removable, argues that you are wrong.

The ONLY reason I can see to make that change was so that people would be LESS likely to forget there was a giftcard, by making the giftcard an actual CARD that you could put in your wallet.
Mister Ed

Postby pharmjod » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Mister Ed wrote:See, I'd be embarassed to do that. It may be technically legit, but it FEELS (to me at least) like ripping off the store, and (and this would bother me more) depriving a number of OTHER LEGO fans of the chance to get one of these. I don't even like to PAY for large numbers of multiples of one set for the latter reason, and this is like clearing them out for free.

Would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Here, here. I would be the same way.
pharmjod

Return to Finds/Deals