Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Announcing The Wheels of Justice Contest!

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Announcing The Wheels of Justice Contest!

Postby cas » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:32 am

I thought this might be a prudent piece of information for those intent on entering their creations into this contest AND LEGO's Super Heroes contest: the last day for submission is November 15, so 5 days from this posting.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:02 pm

cas wrote:I thought this might be a prudent piece of information for those intent on entering their creations into this contest AND LEGO's Super Heroes contest: the last day for submission is November 15, so 5 days from this posting.

Hnh, those are some nice prizes. Too bad I don't have any superhero minifigs to meet the requirements. It would seem odd to make a Batmobile or Green Lantern-mobile, then submit it with some random minifig with a cape on (which is the best I could do for "superhero-style").

Of course, if I make one anyway, I may as WELL submit it, odd, random, non-matching minifig and all. Nothing to lose. :D
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:05 pm

I wonder. Does it HAVE to look like some kind of a car, or is it OK as long as it has exactly four wheels? Because Hal Jordan would be FAR more likely to make a plane (or SOMETHING that flies). Would that be OK, as long as the landing gear included exactly four wheels?
Mister Ed

Postby onions » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:20 pm

has to be a car.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Imagine Hal Jordan looking at the Batmobile and going "that's pretty sweet, but I can do better". He might say the same thing of he saw the Batwing, but that's not what this contest is about.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby cas » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Mister Ed wrote:Too bad I don't have any superhero minifigs to meet the requirements.

I don't either, but then again, look at one of the winning entries, the Catwoman line art, featuring zero minifigures. On that thought, I went ahead and submitted my Batmobile, so who knows? I'll probably be the one to get disqualified.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Can wee build/enter an aquatic car?
crazybirdman

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Behold! The incredible transforming Batmobile, Batman's latest means of transportation and crime fighting! The best part about it is that it can turn into a giant Bat-mech! That way the Dark Knight can take on evil doers of any shapes and sizes! To see how it transforms, check out this set of images, which includes a video!

Transforming Batmobile - 1 by okayaraman, on Flickr
Last edited by Oky Wan Kenobi on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby brickster90 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:11 am

that's really awesome, but don't the rules say we have to have our own design not based on any previous incarnation?
brickster90

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:33 am

It's only loosely based on the cartoons. If you look at reference images, you'll see that except for the large bat-head at the front and its ability to transform, it's actually quite different.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby volumex » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:23 am

Nice one, well done for finishing... I'm still waiting for Bruce Wayne to come approve the chassis :lol:
volumex

Postby lego-maniac » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:39 am

nic !
I wonder the interest of the face in the front of the car and I understand when I take a look at your flickr !
That's really a good idea and almost well done ! Congrat'
....But I see some orange parts ... Don't the rules says BLACK and Green only ?
lego-maniac

Postby onions » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:23 am

the majority of the color of your car has to be black for batsy and green for hal. you can have an accent color but i would limit its usage.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby JackJonespaw » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:34 pm

Question. Does the car have to be proportionate to minifig scale? Like the Earth Defense HQ is basically a giant truck. My car is turning out to be bigger than I had first planned. Can I include a chair for a minifig, even though it will be disproportionate? Or should I just start over?
JackJonespaw

Postby volumex » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:46 pm

How big you going? Gotham city is a rough place with some narrow streets... ;)
volumex

Postby JackJonespaw » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:34 pm

volumex wrote:How big you going? Gotham city is a rough place with some narrow streets... ;)

Not Gotham City, but another world......
JackJonespaw

Postby onions » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:08 pm

i think some of you are losing sight of the point of the contest. would batman really drive a really large truck or suv or van or whatever? would he really spec out a batmobile that can also go in the water? he would just make a batboat or a batsub and call it a day. same goes for green lantern. why would he make a car that can also be a plane? he would just imagine a plane. keep it simple.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:37 pm

onions wrote:i think some of you are losing sight of the point of the contest. would batman really drive a really large truck or suv or van or whatever? would he really spec out a batmobile that can also go in the water? he would just make a batboat or a batsub and call it a day. same goes for green lantern. why would he make a car that can also be a plane? he would just imagine a plane. keep it simple.

I would, but you won't let me MAKE the plane he WOULD imagine. Being a test pilot and all. So I'm stuck with trying to come up with what kind of car he would make, when I don't picture him making a car to get around in the first place. :p

It just feels arbitrary to just make some kind of green car, when that doesn't really give a Green Lantern feel to me.

(Heck, I'd feel better making a giant BOXING GLOVE on wheels, but I imagine that would be as disallowed as a plane on wheels. XD )
Mister Ed

Postby crazybirdman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Mister Ed wrote:(Heck, I'd feel better making a giant BOXING GLOVE on wheels, but I imagine that would be as disallowed as a plane on wheels. XD )

Dude, save that idea for the Green Arrow car!
crazybirdman

Postby Solo » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:27 am

It's the epitome of arbitrary Ed, but it's still the challenge at hand. That's kind of how contests around here work.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds