Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB MOC Madness 2011 Building Tournament Announcement

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: FBTB MOC Madness 2011 Building Tournament Announcement

Postby Robzula » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:51 pm

Bounty Hunters: Fiona Abbot (owns Cynic) and Lex Ferrus (not pictured)
Ship: Cynic
Prison Hold:

Visit the flickr set for the whole story and more pics.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby legochrism » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:08 am

If you put a price on someone's head, this bounty hunter will take it... literally!

Lok Lesi Sadi by swlegochrism, on Flickr

Bounty hunter: Lok Lesi Sadi, armed with neural disruptor and dark-matter axe.

Expelled by the Cerean College of Neurosurgery for heinous misconduct, Lok Lesi Sadi has turned her talents to bounty hunting. Her ship, The Headhunter, is a modified Cerean medical shuttle, with forward-mounted heavy laser cannon, wing-mounted autoblasters and proton torpedos, and enhanced hyperdrive and thrusters.

The Headhunter by swlegochrism, on Flickr

Ship: The Headhunter.

Sadi has retained the shuttle's medical bays, one for use as a prisoner hold -

Prisoner hold by swlegochrism, on Flickr

- and the other as a medical bay, where Sadi fits her captives with a device of her own devising: a cranio-life support collar. The collar keeps its wearer in tolerable health - from the neck up - and allows Sadi to make the most of The Headhunter's storage space.

See the flickr for more pics. Apart from the minifigs, this build is made up of City sets only: the 3367 Shuttle, the 7213 Fire Truck and Fireboat, the 8402 Sportscar, the 7634 Tractor, the 4641 Speedboat and that excellent parts pack, the 7636 Combine Harvester.
legochrism

Postby volumex » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:23 am

... I can feel the chill, I hear the engines in the distance, its the final countdown to a bounty'fil display of ships. The End is near fellow builders. :lol:
volumex

Postby pjpviv » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:36 am

Bounty hunter Tan Sivo (Middle) and sidekick bounty hunter Ytosst (left) have caught their bounty and are ready to transport him for a large sum of credits.
Tan Sivo (middle) and Ytosst (left) with their bounty by pjpviv, on Flickr

Their ship: THE SERPENT MIST
The Serpent Mist by pjpviv, on Flickr

The unfortunate bounty in the Ray-shield fortified prisoner cell.
Ray-shield fortified prisoner cell by pjpviv, on Flickr

For more detail shots click the link below for the interior, twin-engines, cockpit, and MORE
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47283116@N07/sets/72157627816596915/with/6264489133/

This was a fun build. Thank you FBTB for such a great contest. Good luck to all the other entries :D
pjpviv

Postby Lazerblade » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:34 am

volumex wrote:...The End is near fellow builders. :lol:

Thanks for making my life more difficult. :lol:

Edit: getting finished up. :D
Lazerblade

Postby Captain Flak » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Wow, these entries are sure coming in fast. This is going to be some competition! :lol:
If you don't got no money, don't buy nuthin'!
Captain Flak

Postby volumex » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:12 am

TIME TO THE SHOW THE WORLD... MY FIRST EVER MOC!

Backstory: The Morgus family built their fortune dealing Tabana fuel, the big plan was to expand the business to Freight carriers, which would be handed to the two only sons. Senior Morgus was assassinated under strange circumstances, in the will Kedo the youngest was left the plans for the new business venture which included several drawing plans for ships, but upon collection found only one, which was torn in half, no doubt there was a fallout with older brother Bo-Va and alot of unfinished issues. The brother has disappeared and on the loose, which turned Kedo towards this ugly trade of Bounty hunting. He took his torn drawing to see if he could get it off the ground but with limited credits and a family fortune missing he took the services of SkyLabs. They were to assist with a new build, the first thing they said upon seeing the drawing was 'we will have to really deviate from the original plan', and so the project was named and it sticked. The creation of DV8 was the start of a new career, so been a rookie and not trusting anybody, Kedo rides solo, learning the ropes as he goes along, in pursuit of former family wealth, the truth about his father's death and a brother with whom there is a score to settle. Long term plans include a new bigger ship and a helping hand.

Kedo Morgus by erth&fiya, on Flickr
Kedo Morgus: A very rare picture of the 'kid' at work, wearing his favourite shirt from the 'crash&burn evasion party' and some important bounty documentation in hand, the weapon of choice is a 'orbit bi-zpher', with auto sensory lock. It was bought via the Belly Undergrowth, a bandit bunch selling arms via Felguima. This picture has no known location data, so therefore cannot confirm when it was taken.

DV8 Bounty Hunter Ship by erth&fiya, on Flickr
DV8: The ship has been cleverly crafted from various ships that did freight & security duty on the outer rim, but chopped into a new more compact ship due to the inexperienced pilot and limited funding. The ship was never built to be beautiful but more functional, the shell is coated in a dark black velvicca which helps it blend in with those shadow moon flights. The cockpit has a mono heads up display up on the front windshield showing all incoming data. It has a decent array of weaponry with vortex JS-3 blasters and 180 laser cannons and front defense shields for those tricky getaways, not forgetting its armed with a strong communications vector network surge tools. Kedo instructed SkyLabs to spent several test sessions in the engine room, investing in a very sophisticated bay of hybrid parts which have been tweaked to work with the large turbine thrusters to ensure the balance of power vs performance is not compromised. Balk of the spend has gone into this section and the development team have been sworn to be keep mouths shut till the Sun reflects. Due to the nature of the business several areas of the ship have needed attention and have been either swopped out or simply hacked to fit! There is a joke going around regarding SkyLabs, a clone walks into a si-bar and asks for a drink? The Tender replies, man you look like hell! yeah replies the clone, I just survived a 'Sky-scraper'!

Prisoner hatch by erth&fiya, on Flickr
The prisoner cabin: was built with the help of A.T.S. It has several sensors and air regulator devices to make the journey pleasant and clean. The prisoner lockup system L.M.C. (Localizer Minion Cell) was actually developed for animal transportation and has never been put into commercial use, and deemed illegal in some quarters, it basically locks over your shoulders and holds a power-current over your body, making any movement very unpleasant, it is yet to show any known side-effects. So far its transported 27 villians and 3 joyriders. Names and faces cannot be mentioned due to security contracts and therefore remain as such. Kedo believes in only carrying live bait, his call out fee is very competitive unlike some of the other overpriced players out there! For further consultation and prompt service, please contact Kedo Morgus:: BEAM: 34G^^1.

THNKX GUYZ THIS WAS A BLAST... WISHING ALL ENTRIES GOOD LUCK!
volumex

Postby xiei22 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:20 am

Last year i had no time to join the MOC-Madness, but i watched and admired the contest! There were really amazing ships!
Thanks to a break from my jobs, this year i join this contest and this forum with this:

BAS-e1
Second Front View by xiei22, on Flickr
Asymetric-fast-sharp gray&blue scrap! It's really hard to photograph this due to its "offshotsish" design...but this picture, even without showing the side engines-pannel part, show the front and the wing/cargo ting properly.
For those who are wondering about it, this is the FRONT. XD

Jostra Morricone (really liked the idea of build some kind of space-cowboy! XD )
Bounty Hunter by xiei22, on Flickr

The prisoner compartment.
prisoner compartment by xiei22, on Flickr
It can't be seen on this pictures, but a part of the hull (with the right engines) is removed to show the cargo area and the prison.

I hope you watch the rest of the photos on flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46304451@N ... 796551289/

Thanks for watching, thanks for the contest, and good luck to everyone!!
Last edited by xiei22 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
xiei22

Postby Daiman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Ren Pegason by Daiman Mardon, on Flickr

After finding the competition for bountys mounting up across the galaxy,
Ren Pegason finds he must trade in The Mercy Flute

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31210694@N06/6177860018/

for a Correllian Kestral class freighter.

The Kestral by Daiman Mardon, on Flickr
Faster and with a longer range than The Mercy Flute The Kestral
gets the package delivered on time.

Nerf Crate Refit by Daiman Mardon, on Flickr

Still able to fit his refurbished nerf crate to the cargo mandebles on
the front of the craft, Ren wastes no time returning to his calling.

Great contest and great entries folks.

Composite image with Nerf crate attached
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31210694@N ... 7955762076
Last edited by Daiman on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daiman

Postby BrickJunky » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Here we go. My first MOC to be put online. Third made since childhood. Harlen Troke has been bounty hunting since most have been alive. He may not always be the fastest, but he always gets the job done. His ship, "Betty's Revenge", was named after his one time partner who was killed in battle. Harlen now travels alone seeking revenge on those who killed her, and taking bounties along the way.
Betty's Revenge by BrickJunky, on Flickr
Harlen Troke by BrickJunky, on Flickr
Betty's Revenge (Screens & Cell) by BrickJunky, on Flickr

Check out more images of Betty's Revenge and Harlen Troke http://www.flickr.com/photos/66334317@N04/
BrickJunky

Postby ~SpyFlops » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Here's my entry, the Raging Bantha:
Believe it or not, this ship used to be entirely black and red, owned by a Rodian warlord who died under mysterious circumstances. The paintjob has since faded into a grey-and-brownish hue. This and the bulkiness both contribute toward the ship's current name: the Raging Bantha. Many a freighter has become "Bantha fodder." Insult the ship's name and die by vibroblade.

Here's the bounty hunter, Q'ierr:
Q'ierr's species is unknown, but his policy certainly is: the finest service... for a price. He never speaks, but prefers to get his point across with his vibroblade and pistol. His sidekick, C-R59, is a protocol droid modified for combat. He acts as Q'ierr's translator and negotiator.

Finally, here's the prison hold w/ prisoner:

Photos are links to my flickr. Enjoy, and may the best man win! XD
Last edited by ~SpyFlops on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~SpyFlops

Postby pabloglez » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Here's my entry:
The Bounty Hunter: Derva Frozzen
FBTB MOC Madness 2011 by pabloglez, on Flickr
The Planefreeze:
And the prison hold whith prisoner:

More pictures on flickr.http://www.flickr.com/photos/pabloglez/sets/72157627962345514/with/6273910725/
Last edited by pabloglez on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
pabloglez

Postby minimitch » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:34 pm

MOC MADNESS II
Bounty Hunter: Drain Gate
Bounty Hunter: Drain Gate by mfrazaoable, on Flickr
Ship: The Magseal
The Magseal by mfrazaoable, on Flickr
Side Kick: Slime the Dianoga
Side kick: Slime with Prisoner by mfrazaoable, on Flickr
History: Before his career in Bounty Hunting, Drain Gate worked in the sewage systems on the planet Anoat
for the Imperial weapon lab base. His job was to maintain the trash compactors. Trash compactors were also home to many Dianogas. His affinity for dianogas grew and he became an expert in training them. When the base was infiltrated by a republic mercenary, he escaped in a trash compactor delivery ship which later became known as The Magseal. Taking it's name for the magnetic sealed technology which is used to secure prison cells and chambers making it a perfect ship for a Bounty Hunter. The trash compactor was also an ideal holding compartment.
minimitch

Postby cowboybanker » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Bounty Hunter: Shoo-Shee
Mon Calamari Bounty Hunter specializing in capture of water based species.
Soo-Shee 2 by farmgirl4430, on Flickr

Prisoner Hold
Three compartments are in the belly of the ship. The first is space for Shoo-Shee's personal assassin droid "Fission Chips" (name borrowed from Artemis Fowl books). The second is the prisoner hold. The third is the small cargo hold.
Prisoner Hold 1 by farmgirl4430, on Flickr

Ship: The Barracuda
The space ship doubles as a submarine vehicle. Back fins can rotate in water for a "silent running" mode. Two torpedos are mounted on top of the hull. Two large rotating laser guns are on each side. Front guns are designed for underwater combat. Main thruster engine is seated in the center of the fins in the back (see additional pictures on Flickr).
Barracuda 4 by farmgirl4430, on Flickr

My first contest entry I have done. I really love the contest and the work everyone has put into their entries. It is a great source of building ideas and inspiration for my kids and I.
Last edited by cowboybanker on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cowboybanker

Postby ted @ndes » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 pm

A lot of great entries coming in, with just over one week to go...

So, are there any side-bets going on to guess the number of entries that will be disqualified because they didn't follow the photography rules? My guess is 5... Sending PM's to the people who need to retake the photo with ONLY their bounty hunter (and no background/sidekicks) must be a full-time job for the staff :facepalm: .
ted @ndes
Alpha Male

Postby Solo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:27 pm

ted @ndes wrote:Sending PM's to the people who need to retake the photo with ONLY their bounty hunter (and no background/sidekicks) must be a full-time job for the staff :facepalm: .

Oh, I've got that covered. I'm looking at every entry as they're posted and if there are any issues at all I PM the builder immediately. Of course, they need to log in again and read that PM, then correct the problem... but I can't very well force them to.

As it stands, only three out of all the entries so far run the risk of missing out on that condition, not counting the one who has a fixed photo ready to replace their two-shot because they caught the mistake after submitting it but needed it to get approved to edit the entry, and then there's also one member who had over a half dozen failed attempts at posting their entry in a half hour stretch but hasn't signed on in two weeks to read my offer of help. :|

I just feel so bad for the inevitable last minute entries who will make an easily fixable mistake but leave themselves no time to correct it.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby volumex » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:38 am

All the rules were on the very first page?, it seems a selected few copy and pasted and read it out loud. :)
Impressive surge of entries, best not to leave it too late folks!
volumex

Postby Lazerblade » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:39 am

I'm glad you are doing that solo, thanks. :D
Lazerblade

Postby MacLane » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:59 am

My entry:
Yob Naff, Bounty Hunter
Yob Naff, Bounty Hunter by MacLane, on Flickr

His ship, The Truncheon-3
Truncheon-3 by MacLane, on Flickr

The Bounty Capsule Compartment
Truncheon-3 Bounty Capsule by MacLane, on Flickr

Entire Truncheon-3 Photo Set

Thanks for organizing this great contest again!
Last edited by MacLane on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacLane
Oh Chibi, You're So Fine You're So Fine You Blow My Mind, Hey Chibi! Hey Chibi!

Postby Lego junkie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:31 pm

Here's my humble entry.

The Black Manta.

The Black Manta. by [Lego Junkie], on Flickr

The Prisoner hold.

Black Manta Cargo Bay. by [Lego Junkie], on Flickr

Piloted by Baneus Valdi'in.
Baneus Valdi'in. by [Lego Junkie], on Flickr

View the Flickr set if you like what you see.
Last edited by Lego junkie on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lego junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds