Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Clone Wars: "Nomad Droids"

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Clone Wars: "Nomad Droids"

Postby Staff » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Clone Wars Episode 6
C-3PO and R2-D2's bizarre caper continues. Forced to escape a Separatist attack in a Y-wing fighter, the droids visit the world of the Patitites, the odd planet Balnab, and the inside of a pirate warship where they are forced to fight in a gladiatorial arena.

"Nomad Droids" airs this Friday. Check out the preview in which R2 is programmed in forty-seven schools of self defense and little creatures can't possibly damage the droids.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/10/10/the-clone-wars-nomad-droids/
Staff

Re: The Clone Wars:

Postby Blacknight » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:30 am

In the preview for this ep. on Starwars.com, when C3PO picks up the stick in self-defense I groaned. Very out of character. At no point in the movies does it ever show him taking an aggressive action (outside of the silly geonosian arena sequence - when he wasn't really himself anyway), or show that he's programmed to ever choose fight rather than flight, or that he's even physically capable of swinging something with his arms and their narrow range of movement. He's a coward and he runs away from all danger, that's his character, that's what makes him charming.

Sorry if the first post you guys read every week in these CW threads is me complaining. Maybe I should start keeping my exasperation with this season so far to myself. Just trying to contribute to the discussion.
Blacknight

Postby OOM-9 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:50 am

Oh don't worry I agree completely. Plus when I saw the little creatures ( they might as well say Lilliputians) I gave myself a big 'Ol facepalm. This is the CLONE wars is it not? Where's the clones?! Even with these little battles every other episode It does not feel like there is a huge war going on.
OOM-9

Postby Blacknight » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:10 am

Yeah tonight I was re-watching the excellent Zilo Beast episodes from Season 2. Now those are really good examples of how a fantastical story can be successfully worked into the clone wars (the Republic's bomb is what creates the creature etc.). The land battle at the beginning of that episode is still one of the largest we've seen in this series and it's kind of shameful it has yet to be topped after one and a half additional seasons of episodes. Instead we're getting random adventures that have nothing to do with the clone wars (what is this, the 1980's Droids cartoon all over again?). I guess it's only a matter of time before the ewoks show up in this series too and start going on their own silly adventures.
Blacknight

Postby fallenangel327 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:00 am

OOM-9 wrote:Oh don't worry I agree completely. Plus when I saw the little creatures ( they might as well say Lilliputians) I gave myself a big 'Ol facepalm. This is the CLONE wars is it not? Where's the clones?! Even with these little battles every other episode It does not feel like there is a huge war going on.

I don't think it ever has. Perhaps Filoni decided that the way Lucas presented the Clone Wars in the Prequels made them so irrelevant to the citizens of the Republic that not even kids cared, and rewrote the season accordingly.
fallenangel327

Postby Walter Boy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Blacknight wrote:I guess it's only a matter of time before the ewoks show up in this series too and start going on their own silly adventures.

Shhh, don't give them any ideas! ;)
Walter Boy

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:21 am

Is it just me, or are C-3PO and R2 forming some sort of unholy union in the image on the home page?
Brainslugged

Postby volumex » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:38 pm

...mmm you could be onto something? was SW's ever holy?
volumex

Postby onions » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:39 am

test
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Blacknight » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:49 am

Well, what can I really say about this episode? It's like the Star Wars stuff that was done in the late 80s and early 90s - just silly dumb. Following Lord of the Rings rip-off last week, we get Gulliver's travels ripoff and Wizard of Oz ripoff. It's too creatively bankrupt to be called clever. Nevertheless it still was mildly entertaining, probably the "best" episode so far this season (barf), however the constant Deus Ex Machina (rescue out of the blue by previously unseen force) just became silly after a while. It's like a story written by a grade 4 student.
Blacknight

Postby Bellicose » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:35 pm

The visuals continue to be killer, so I think I might start watching this series with the mute button on.

It gets ruined once they start speaking.
Bellicose

Postby fallenangel327 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Bellicose wrote:The visuals continue to be killer, so I think I might start watching this series with the mute button on.

It gets ruined once they start speaking.

Well, you can say the same for the Prequels in general. :lol:
fallenangel327

Postby Robzula » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:46 am

Brainslugged wrote:Is it just me, or are C-3PO and R2 forming some sort of unholy union in the image on the home page?

Why else do you think I picked it?
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Blacknight » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:04 am

Watching this season, I feel just like R2-D2 there.
Blacknight

Postby Robzula » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:36 am

Finally got around to watching this one and the one before... I honestly liked them. No, they weren't particularly smart or deep and they got a bit goofy at times, but they were fun and, if you're not being overly critical and looking for any excuse to pick apart the episode because it's Star Wars and that's just what you do with Star Wars, entertaining.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Return to Star Wars