Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Avengers [Film] Offical Trailer

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

The Avengers [Film] Offical Trailer

Postby Walter Boy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:36 pm

It's out!

I figured this would be the best place to post this.
Nobody here has shared it yet, and I couldn't find a previously existing topic, so I figure it's worth a new one.

Your thoughts? Personally I'm excited. :)
Walter Boy

Re: The Avengers [Film] Offical Trailer

Postby Draykov » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:43 pm

While the Star Wars forum accommodates all things Star Wars, LEGO related or otherwise, the Licensed Theme forum is still relegated to LEGO-specific discussion. As such, I'm moving this to BCS.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Walter Boy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:56 pm

I originally assumed it was alright due to topics like these being in those forums. However that was some time ago, and that topic might be the only exception.

As such I apologize for the inconvenience.
Walter Boy

Postby Draykov » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:54 pm

We also have threads like these that are more recent. Clearly, a consensus has not yet been reached, and it is something of a gray area in that we have a SW forum where everything SW is fair game. Until you hear otherwise, I would say everything not LEGO related (even if it has to do with a license LEGO happens to have) should go here - with the exception of Star Wars, of course, and the aforementioned dedicated forum. No harm/no foul though - nothing to apologize for.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby TheBohrok » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:37 pm

I've only seen Iron Man and Captain America, but I very well may end up watching this. Looks like it could be a whole lot of fun! XD
TheBohrok

Postby Draykov » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:31 pm

I was wrong...this is where stuff like this belongs. Sorry to derail the intended topic.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby onions » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:35 pm

growing pains. please excuse the mess while we figure out which end is up.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby MrCRskater » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Bummer that the trailer doesn't say much about the plotline, except "we're assembling a dream-team of heroes." Hopefully this will be a better movie than that. Also, what happened to Ed Norton?
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:31 pm

MrCRskater wrote:Bummer that the trailer doesn't say much about the plotline, except "we're assembling a dream-team of heroes." Hopefully this will be a better movie than that. Also, what happened to Ed Norton?

The studio and he did not see eye to eye, so hello new Hulk!
buriedbybricks

Postby ka.lego » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:35 pm

Finally saw it earlier this evening via io9. Super excited (lame pun intended). I'm a big comics fan, but generally stuck to X-books from 82-96. Couldn't quite get into the Marvel icons like Cap, Hulk, Thor, Spidey, FF, etc. except for random stuff like Secret Wars or team-ups w X-related characters. But with that said, I've been really happy with the newer Marvel movies—Iron Man, Hulk (Norton), Thor, Cap. Maybe it's because I don't know enough of the back story (just the basics from cartoons of the 60s shown in reruns and reading Marvel Universe entries) but I enjoyed the creative decisions/alterations they've made to the origins to fit the big screen. I like the actors involved in this too...all but Sam Jackson. No matter what I see him in, even SW, he's still the same...Sam Jackson. Anyway, I've got high hopes for this...even moreso as a Whedon fan. I'm hoping this bodes well for the LEGO Superheroes line. Maybe it will mean an Avengers-specific theme. Heck, they wasted good ABS on Prince if Persia, so why not this? LEGO Quinjets? Skrull minifigs? 'Nuff said.

(Havent been too vocal lately here on FBTB, but the comics thread reeled me in. Perfect geek-baiting.)
ka.lego

Postby Blacknight » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:41 am

All these superhero movies look exactly the same to me. Or at least their trailers do. Sorry.
Blacknight

Postby Rook » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:08 pm

"Teaser" is an understatement! XD
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Return to Licensed Themes