Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Superhero sets I'd like to see...

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Superhero sets I'd like to see...

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:56 am

I thought it would be fun to toss out some ideas of what sets I'd LIKE to see come out of the Superhero licenses.

I'm a DC guy, so my ideas will all be DC, but feel free to toss out Marvel ideas as well.

The set I would absolutely be MOST excited about would be a Green Lantern vs. Sinestro set, with minifigs of both in their comics costumes, and a bunch of Trans. Green and Trans. Yellow pieces with instructions for a number of constructs (and hopefully some images of other ideas, w/o instructions).

I really think it would be fun to get a small Superman set that came with Superman, Clark Kent, and a phone booth you could build that had a mechanism to "quick-change" one into the other. Or maybe just put this in as a feature in some larger Superman set, I guess, but I admit I am motivated to suggest smaller sets because I doubt I'll be able to afford anything massive.

I'd also like to see a "Superman vs. a Giant Robot" set.

I'd also really like to see a nice Batmobile with Batman and Robin (obviously a Batmobile of some sort is a given, but I just thought I'd mention it).

Another set that could be really amazing would be Wonder Woman's invisible jet. Of course, this may not be feasible. It seems like it might require a sizeable number of pieces to be made in Clear that aren't usually (or have NEVER) been done that color. Some might nor even be possible (I'm thinking of landing gear with wheels of some sort and friction pins holding them on- don't know if they can make that stuff in Clear). But IMHO, it needs to be pretty much ALL Clear or don't even bother.

There are lots of other Heroes I would love to see in minfig form, but I can't figure out how they would make a set (aside from the possibility of a giant Justice League set that I could never afford) as they don't have vehicles or other gear that would make for an actual building opportunity. What kind of set do you make for The Flash? Ideally they could do a series like the Collectible minifigs, but I expect that wouldn't be allowed.
Mister Ed

Re: Superhero sets I'd like to see...

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:40 pm

I'll go first in support of the Marvel camp.

If they are going to do X-men sets, they need to do a huge Sentinel Set. If they made it to scale it could be one of the largest sets with the entire team of mutant minfigs, but if they wanted to scale the robot down they could do a smaller version as a Danger Room playset. Another great X-men set would be the Blackbird as a mid-sized set and Wolverine on his chopper as a small set to get in their vehicle quota.
Being a uber nerd/geek, I'd be jazzed to get a small set of beast in his lab with beakers and bottles, lab coat and books.

I'd take anything with Spider-man now that they won't be confined by a live action movie. The campier and more villains the better.

As for the Avengers, I'd like to see a helicarrier playset. Other than that we'll have to wait and see what the movie will bring.

I have to agree with Ed though, I want the Supes/Kent tranformation phone booth set.
buriedbybricks

Postby MrCRskater » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:02 pm

This and this. The Danger Room is great fodder because A) they could (read: should) include the entire X-men team, and 2) they could do pretty much whatever they wanted in terms of play features and it would be awesome. It's a blank canvas - a room without any features that when activated generates all manner of dangerous obstacles and holographic images. They pretty much can't miss with that one.

And the Blackbird is arguably one of the most iconic vehicles in comic book lore (though not nearly as iconic as the Batmobile). It's a sweet ship, LEGO loves to do vehicles, and they could include as many or as few figs as they'd like (could be the whole team, could be just a pilot and co-pilot, it'd still work). Seems like a no-brainer.

Mister Ed wrote:I really think it would be fun to get a small Superman set that came with Superman, Clark Kent, and a phone booth you could build that had a mechanism to "quick-change" one into the other.

That would be an awesome $10 set! Super-iconic, great offering at a lower price-point, this one also seems like a no-brainer.

As far as an invisible Wonder Woman jet, that will probably fall in the same category as the gleaming Nubian Royal Starship in the SW line. Way too costly and specific to manufacture all of those parts in chrome (or transparent in the case of Wonder Woman), so it ain't ever gonna happen. Bummer. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Tohst » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:53 am

Depending on how long the theme lasts there is a chance to get some 'off the beaten path' figures.

I'd love to see a Teen Titans Tower set - Nightwing (Discowing!), Starfire, Beast Boy, Donna Troy vs. Slade and Terra.

From a Marvel standpoint, I guess Squirrel Girl vs. well anyone, it doesn't really matter as she can beat anyone.

Our from a cosmic standpoint - Gaurdians of the Galaxy because SPACE! Also, I'd love a raccoon minifigure.

From a more serious standpoint, despite the fact that every clone in Star Wars is technically Maori, both DC and Marvel have a great selection of 'diverse' characters that can help balance the lack of diversity in Lego Minifigs. I would love Cyborg from DC to be a darker skinned classic smiley with a Cyborg headpiece (and available in a cheap set I can buy 100 of) or Jon Stewart Green Lantern (who was -the- Green Lantern from those who grew up with the DCAU) or Luke Cage which would be another minifig with a very reusible face print (as long as it doesn't have a headband)

-Tohst
Tohst
Staff Writer

Postby LegoLawyer » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:18 pm

I agree with the people who want a Batmobile. I'd really be stoked about a 60s style convertible Batmobile, which we've not seen in Lego form. Think Adam West's ride. Those who've collected many of the previous sets wouldn't mind some recycling of previous baddies, if they are a new interpretation. I missed out on Bane, so I'd like another chance to get him.

I also love the Superman / Clark Kent Phone booth idea. If it doesn't get done, there will be some great customs. Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White and the whole crew could make for a great Daily Planet set.

If they do Spider-man, I hope they give plenty of bricks and pieces that could represent webbing. The more baddies they can give us, the better.

As for Wonder Woman's invisible plane, I already have one. It's on display on my shelf. :lol:

X-Men - Professor Xavier's school seems fitting.

Hulk. Something to smash.
LegoLawyer

Postby sparkart » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Now that the Captain America movie has introduced HYDRA to Joe and Jane Public, it opens up the possibilities to all kinds of AIM (Advanced Idea Mechanics) super-weapons. Tanks, flying drones, killer robots, etc. can challenge the Avengers.

I'd LOL at an outrageous MODOK (Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing) building set. MODOK can be put on top of a huge robot body, given tentacles, made into a tank...However, I think MODOK might be a bit too intense for Lego. I mean, he's got the work "Killing" in his name. That probably won't go over well with Lego or parents.

I guess it's up to us, then. I'm sure there's already a Cube-Dude MODOK. I'm working on a MODOK that uses minifig arms, maybe legs.
sparkart

Postby sparkart » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:04 am

Just thought of something while working on that MODOK MOC. To make him a little more friendly, I'll call him "Mental Organism Designed Only for Kindness" and have him holding a flower and walking a cat.

What? You can walk cats. I saw it on YouTube.
sparkart

Postby Marty » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:21 am

Well.. As someone has already pointed out Superman in a phone booth is a must, followed closely by the crash site and the son of kypton lifting a ute, and let's not forget the fortress and Durell (mine you he has to look like Marlon Brando?)
Daily Planet is good, and the helicopter scene would be something Lego could use.

As for Batman, a better cave, a older style bat car / Plane /Boat etc. More villains and the jokers lair, and perhaps a bank or two to rob would be nice. a better Arkham and base joker, Harvey Dent & batman on the Dark Knight, not the earlier version. Include Gordon this time & Freezes Lair would be interesting, as would Ivy and Bane.

As for my own personal fav, that would have to be Judge dread,or Ralf from the Greatest American Hero, okay I know they're not considered in the same league, but I think they'd make great sets.
Marty

Postby BrickDeth1123 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:12 pm

Watching First Class recently got me really wanting to an SR-71 in Lego Form. I'm totally on board with you guys on that one. Maybe a new Helmet mold for a Magneto fig, and a little build-able wheelchair for Charles, or something. I never thought about a Danger Room set, but now that it's mentioned I'd really like to see that as well. I really loved those reverse-prop planes that HYDRA used in the Caps movie. Maybe something along those lines, or heck anything from the WWII era could be cool. So many great possibilities.

As for the DC line I'd love to see some more Batman sets. Maybe they can do a version of that hovering vehicle from TDKR.
BrickDeth1123

Return to Licensed Themes