Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Tomar-Re Joins The Fine Clonier's Corps

There's more to LEGO than building, here you can take the hobby in a much different direction.

Moderator: Kaminoan

Tomar-Re Joins The Fine Clonier's Corps

Postby Staff » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:03 pm

Kaminoan continues his current trend with another experiment in LEGO Superhero scale by heading back to the DC camp. If you're not a comic book fan you may not be familiar with Tomar-Re, but he has been a part of the Green Lantern mythos since the Silver Age revival of the superhero genre. I can only hope that LEGO will keep the line going long enough to provide the fans with classic secondary characters like this, even if they do give him a rubber head. Come to think of it, if you're reading this Jared, I've always thought the large LEGO trolls kinda look like Kilowog.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2011/09/17/tomar-re-joins-the-fine-cloniers-corps/
Staff

Re: Tomar-Re Joins The Fine Clonier's Corps

Postby Kaminoan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:08 pm

I have been debating sculpting a Kilwog as several of my friends are huge fans. I was going to do a clamshell design to give him some height and bulk, but now you have me thinking......

I do have a hulk solution, but would need to recreate the minifigure in a new scale, which is a daunting task.
Kaminoan

Postby buriedbybricks » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:12 pm

The Hulk is difficult because his size and shape have varied so much from artist to artist over the years. To me, he'll alway be just a big man shaped hunk of muscle, not the deformed beast some draw him as. After seeing the detail in your Iron Man, I've been wondering what you would do with Hank Henshaw. That could be a real challenge, well maybe not for you.
buriedbybricks

Postby Kaminoan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:20 pm

I think my idea for Hulk would work, just need someone with 3d skills, because making him by hand would suck, but if I keep this rolling in my head I might do it anyway.

Henshaw's biggest challange would be the head. You would have to cut a hair piece and have either paint or a decal have to match the cut line perfectly. He could be an interesting mod of my Superman. Might have to keep this rolling around in my head.

I think Captain America or Wonderwoman will be next for me.
Kaminoan

Return to Custom Minifigs