Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

My latest MOC... not in LEGO bricks!

It's like the old BCS, except the 2.0 makes it fancy. Wondering why you can't post here? Check out the rules and expectations, and it all should be made clear...

Re: My latest MOC... not in LEGO bricks!

Postby UOldPirate » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Daz Hoo wrote:...Yeah, I agree that it's missing some gray, blue and trans-yellow elements. I'll have to see to that when I pick new clothes for the baby. :p...

I actually stumbled across this last week when I was looking for some design info on the classic space logo:
http://www.zazzle.com/classic+space+lego+tshirts

Personally I'd love to have some T's with the classic space logo, but I know there's no way my wife would ever let me dork-out our kids with classic space onesies. But yea, classic space clothing! :)
UOldPirate

Postby theJudeAbides » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:27 pm

I don't know, I can maybe see spending $26 on an adult-sized t-shirt if I was into it enough since I'm done growing and would be able to wear it until it wears out. However, spending $26 on clothing for a baby that will grow out of it in 6 weeks (or less) just seems ridiculous. Sure, if you have multiple kids, you could keep it around for them, but I still don't think I could justify the cost. Also, given the fact that babies have a tendency to spit up, vomit, and otherwise spoil every piece of clothing they wear (oftentimes staining them), that kind of price just seems ridiculous.

I don't know, maybe it's just because I was recently at my nieces first birthday party where someone had gotten her a small T-Shirt that said "My First Birthday." Exactly how many times can you wear that shirt? I know it was likely purchased by one of my sister-in-laws aunts or mother (who are entirely too obsessed with that baby) who have far too much time and money on their hands.

Oh, and somebody on their side bought her Mega Bloks. (I had been told she had been getting LEGO, too. No wonder LEGO dislikes their blocks being referred to as "legos.") That's right, Mega Bloks. I held my tongue because they do invite me to an awesome Thanksgiving meal every year, but it wasn't easy. I Personally hadn't gotten her any LEGO yet because I didn't think she was quite ready for them yet (I'd seen her play with regular "letter blocks" and she didn't seem capable of even basic stacking.) Don't worry, though, I intend to get her some proper LEGO when the time comes (probably next year for Christmas).

Anyways, I realize I've completely gone off-topic here (didn't this thread have something to do with babies or something?) Oh well, somebody was complaining about a lack of incoherent ranting in the Suggestions forum, so to that guy: You're Welcome!
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Aharown » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Congrats, Daz Hoo!

I forsee Duplo in your future, young one...
<><
Aharown

Postby mr_joshua » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Congrats man, it will change your life forever. And I swear I can make out a 2x2 macaroni in there...
mr_joshua

Postby Rook » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:12 am

"...not in LEGO bricks!"

I don't know. I count at least one Stud. :lol: (That's you not something creepy. Cause Lord knows someone is going to try twist that comment into something else.)
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Where was Daz lately?

Postby Daz Hoo » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:45 pm

"Where the heck was Daz lately?"

Well, I was pretty busy greeting my latest MOC, or as my wife and I call him, my son Jakob :

He was born on August 1st at 4:15 AM. 52 cm in height and 3.5 kg in weight.

Mom is doing well and baby too. My oldest son (now almost 4 years old) is also adapting pretty well to his new role of big brother.
Daz Hoo

Postby Draykov » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:03 pm

Congratulations, bro!
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Joedward » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:57 am

Congrats dude. That's one cute MOC.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Mofo Jones » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Missed this until now, congrats on the new baby!
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby yankeeken » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Congratulations Daz!
yankeeken

Postby Daz Hoo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Thanks guys!
Daz Hoo

Postby Enigma » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:09 am

From an oldbie to a really oldbie, congratulations Daz. ;)

-Jordan
Enigma

Previous

Return to BCS 2.0