Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Issues With Embedded Images

We are always interested in improving our community. Got an idea? Let us hear it!

Issues With Embedded Images

Postby Walter Boy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:56 pm

I've been considering just sending a PM to one of the staff about this issue, but I've concluded that it would be better in a public post. This way if anyone has had the same issue as me, they might know a solution.

Embedded images that appear on the forum won't work for me. People's signatures and images from MOC threads just appear as small orange boxs that say 'loading' once I highlight them. The weird thing is, that FBTB's flickr images embedd and load fine. I've searched the threads but can't find an answer. I'm guessing it's something with my browser's settings/add-ons, but I can't find out what! Any ideas?

I'd really appreciate any answers you could give.
Thanks!
Walter Boy

Re: Issues With Embedded Images

Postby bigospedros » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:01 pm

ad blocking software?
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby CloneEmperor » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:41 pm

It's possible with most modern browsers to block images from specific websites. If you have done this with fbtb.net, I don't think it would block linked images from flickr, but I'm not certain.
CloneEmperor

Postby Walter Boy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks for your comments so far. If anyone has any other ideas as to what the problem could be, I'd appreciate it greatly!

So, after searching everything on my browser, sorting through add-ons, and asking family members about possible ad blocking programs we might have installed, I couldn't find anything that caused this problem. I eventually upgraded our browser from Internet Explorer 8 to version 9, and the problem still persisted!

I must admit, it is very mind boggling. I'll have to keep trying different things to see if I can find a solution.
Walter Boy

Postby CloneEmperor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:41 pm

My best suggestion would be to use a good browser. I know this doesn't help with your current problem, but I would highly recommend either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. I find that IE isn't as bug-free as it could be, and I find all sorts of issues when I'm forced to use it at work. As a test though, it's a good idea to see if everything displays correctly in another browser so you can know if the problem is with your browser or your somewhere else.
CloneEmperor

Postby Walter Boy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:44 am

Yeah, it works in other browsers just fine. I'll use firefox when I require viewing images on this site, untill I can fix this problem.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Walter Boy

Postby onions » Tue May 31, 2011 12:31 am

can you post a screen shot of the issue you're having?

are you using any particular theme?
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to Suggestions