Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Bricklink Question (Maximizing Efficiency)

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Bricklink Question (Maximizing Efficiency)

Postby MicroJow » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so, how, one would go about creating a list of the pieces they would like to buy from Bricklink, and then have Bricklink tell which stores have the most pieces from that list?

- J
MicroJow

Re: Bricklink Question...

Postby Draykov » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:34 pm

While logged in, if you go to "My Wanted List" there is an option to view a list of stores which have the items you are looking for. I'm not sure that they're listed in any particular order though. It starts with any stores you have listed as favorite, then by the greatest number of unique lots.

Probably not as detailed as you were looking for, but that's the best way I know of.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Re: Bricklink Question (Maximizing Efficiency)

Postby Puddleglum » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:11 am

The Wanted List feature of Bricklink is quite useful, but it is very difficult to use and does have some unfortunate limitations. Here's a quick-start guide to seeing which stores have the most parts you want.

1. Go to the "Wanted" tab, select "Parts", and click "Submit".
2. Choose the part you want including color, condition, and quantity.
3. Repeate for each part you're looking for.
4. Click the "By Shop" tab.
5. Select Sort By: "Lots (Unique)"

This will show you which store has the most items on your wanted list.

You can also search against your wanted list when you are in a store. After buying from a store, it is possible to remove purchased items from your Wanted List, but it does not happen automatically. The feature is a button on the "Orders Placed" page that I think is not even visible by default.

Give it all a try and see if you have any questions. Also, the people in the BrickLink forums are very helpful.
Im in ur flickr
Puddleglum

Return to General LEGO Discussions