Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

"After Christmas Blowout!" at Toys R Us?

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

"After Christmas Blowout!" at Toys R Us?

Postby Staff » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:38 pm

LSW Backpack

So I mentioned to check the clearance aisles for deals. Now here come the official sales. First off we have Toys R Us, which in their latest e-mail flyer, which advertises "All LEGO Star Wars On Sale ALL WEEK LONG!" It also says:

>8097 Slave 1 - Save $10
    >6212 X-Wing - Save $15
    >8098 Clone Turbo Tank - Save $30
    >8129 AT-AT Walker - Save $30

Thing is, these discounts are not showing up online, and all four of these sets are marked up well over MSRP. Not sure what the deal is, but that "promotion" is running through January 1. You also get a free LEGO Star Wars backpack with $30+ purchase.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/12/26/after-christmas-blowout-at-toys-r-us/
Staff

Re:

Postby Bonedaddy » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:15 pm

Took a peek at my local TRU this evening and i saw mention of the same sale. The backpack is a lot cooler looking in person and a decent size and construction too. The "sale" on starwars sets is 15% off with the exception of the 4 sets listed above. There were fairly slim pickings in the store but thats to be expected. However, at my store i found a healthy selection of impulse sets, series 3 minifigs, and the awesomely unusual item linked below...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=4309600
Bonedaddy

Re:

Postby Mofo Jones » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:28 pm

I saw that at WM a few weeks ago. Actually, a giant LEGO head is a bit disconcerting, makes you wonder where the rest of it is.

Reminds me of this
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Re:

Postby Darth Omen » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:19 pm

The discount is good on the new 2011 Lego. Today I picked up the T-6 Jedi Shuttle for $53.54 (TRU regular price of $62.99) and the Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship for $45.04 ($52.99) at the Toys R Us in Kennesaw, Georgia (northwest metro Atlanta). They had about 3 each of the above sets left, as well as 1 V-Wing. I also got the free backpack. They were out of the new BPs and Naboo battle set.
Darth Omen

Re:

Postby othertoe » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:15 pm

Yeah And it's $10 cheaper at wal-mart
othertoe

Re:

Postby The Brain » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Apparently the Republic Gunship is not only available for store pickup, but it's in stock for shipping as well. Curious...perhaps I'll be able to convince my parents to let me get an extra. I would highly recommend the set if you don't have it already, and as it's been discontinued, this may well be your very last chance to snag it at anywhere near a reasonable price. Good luck!
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Return to Finds/Deals