Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

End-of-the-Year Clearance Time

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

End-of-the-Year Clearance Time

Postby Staff » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:57 am

Just a reminder, today begins the post-Christmas clearances at your local retailer. We already saw LEGO Shop@Home clear out their excess inventory. Now it's time to watch the other stores. If you've got some time to kill, it's a good idea to check around, as they'll be marking down their leftover 2010 sets for the next week or so to make way for the incoming 2011 stuff.

The individual stores mark different items at their own discretion, so I can't say what'll be waiting for you in the red tag aisles, but get out there and find some deals! If shopping online, we'd appreciate you using the affiliate links on our homepage.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2010/12/26/end-of-the-year-clearance-time/
Staff

Re: End-of-the-Year Clearance Time

Postby ufjason » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:46 pm

I can confirm the in store pricing is the same on every set.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby russjnco » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Stopped at my local Target this morning and no real deals as of yet, only seasonal items were discounted.
russjnco

Postby Qzak » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Target here has some sets 15% off. SW Clone Trooper & Assassin Droid BP's, HP Hogwarts castle, some Power Miners, Ben 10, & some World Racers.

The Lego sets at Sam's club, TS3 Trash Compactor Escape 7596 & Atlantis Exploration HQ 8097 were $29.98.
Qzak

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:43 pm

I would have gone out today, but I had to work all day, and then there's a blizzard outside. I'll check tomorrow if the weather clears up.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby MisterFubar » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:22 pm

Was out and about today doing other things and managed to swing through 4 different Walmarts. Only 2 of them had a good LEGO selection at 50% but I'm very happy with what I scored. Also scored some Nerf guns at 75% off. :shock: My 3 year old always has a blast with them when we are at a friends house who has some older boys, figured at that price it wouldn't hurt for her to have a few of her own.

I'll be driving by one Walmart that's a ways off the beaten path tomorrow, hoping to score some more sets. I'd love to grab a few more $16 Midi Star Destroyers.

Target had a few sets at 15%, but nothing I couldn't live without.
MisterFubar

Postby roar15 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:55 pm

I did pretty good at Walmart today (Alma and Mt. Pleasant MI). 32 x 32 Green base plates for $2.50, Midi Star Destroyer for $16, Creator 5892 Sonic Boom $29.50, City Airport $69, and 2 lego watches for $7 ea.
They also had power miners claw catcher and Lavatraz for 1/2 off, portal of Atlantis 1/2 off, and Tie Defender for 1/2 off.

Target didn't have anything exciting, Mine still had a Troll Mt. Fortress but it was only marked down to $85

Almost forgot... not all of the sets at Walmart were marked at the clearance price, I had to check some of them on the price scanner to find out they were on sale.
roar15

Postby MisterFubar » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:03 pm

roar15 wrote:Almost forgot... not all of the sets at Walmart were marked at the clearance price, I had to check some of them on the price scanner to find out they were on sale.

None of the sets I bought at the Walmart closest to me were marked for clearance. They were on the shelf in the same spot they were the week before. I grabbed an Midi ISD and for whatever reason I decided to walk it over to the scanner. When it scanned at half the price it was on the shelf I felt like I was getting away with something. ;)

I grabbed one of every SW set they had and scanned it just to double check. Ended up getting some 8016, 7748, 8099 and a few PoP sets at 50%(or better in some cases) off. The TIE Defenders were also 50% but I still have a pile of them form when TRU had them at half off a couple weeks ago. If they are still there later in the week I just might have to grab a few more.

I didn't even think to check the green baseplates as my Walmart only recently started stocking them.
MisterFubar

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:58 pm

I was able to go to the Lego store and grab Anakin's Y-Wing, a Venator, Pirate Tank, Echo Base and Clone Walker Battle Packs for 50%...basically the same sale they had online.
Gooker1

Postby roar15 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:36 pm

One other thing I forgot to mention: They had the new mini-fig (or not so mini) alarm clocks marked down to $9.50 at Walmart. They only had Anakin. I might try different walmart tomorrow for a storm trooper.

Also Zurg was marked down to $12.
roar15

Postby MrCRskater » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:58 pm

roar15 wrote:not all of the sets at Walmart were marked at the clearance price, I had to check some of them on the price scanner to find out they were on sale.

MisterFubar wrote:None of the sets I bought at the Walmart closest to me were marked for clearance.

Ditto'd.

As some have pointed out, Target has 15% off some (not all) LEGO, mostly smaller sets. Battlepacks are just $9. Not a deep discount, but it's a nice price for those of us who don't want to part with more than $10 for those.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:41 am

Is this the part where I write a letter to Target whining about clearance LEGO that I can't buy because I didn't know about the sale in time? :) Actually, I knew about the sale, but I probably won't be able to go look, much less buy anything because of a lack of funds (although I could swing $12 for a 4th Echo Base - tauntauns!) and the fact that I'm home with a sick kid. Family is more important anyway.

As it is, I picked up a Venator back in July on clearance but probably won't get a 50% off second Endor or second Home One. There will be other clearances and other sales.

And a serious LSW question: Am I the only person who is surprised that the TIE Defender appears to be done? It's a decent set, even if it is overpriced at MSRP.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby AbstractedIdeal » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:42 am

Mofo Jones wrote:And a serious LSW question: Am I the only person who is surprised that the TIE Defender appears to be done? It's a decent set, even if it is overpriced at MSRP.

I'm not surprised at all: it's not an iconic ship and grossly overpriced.

Not the best of combinations, and made worse still when found shelved next to Vader's TIE.
AbstractedIdeal

Postby harry_jo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:53 am

Lot's of disappointment from visiting my Grand Rapids area Targets. Almost no clearance and very little Lego on clearance, no Star Wars whatsoever on clearance. A few Prince of Persia sets. Same for local Kmart and Meijer. Very disappointing. Hopefully I just missed an aisle somewhere. We'll continue to monitor.

An UPDATE to my previous post: I was happily suprised when I went to a Wal-Mart south of town and found the isd midi's and TIE Defenders everyone was talking marked at regular retail but scanned at 1/2 off, and in the regular toy aisle. I was in a hurry but scanned a few other SW Lego (Plo Koon's Starfighter, Wampa Cave) and they came up at regular retail. They are out there if you can find the right Wal-Mart. Will continue to monitor.
Last edited by harry_jo on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
harry_jo

Postby Mofo Jones » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:21 am

AbstractedIdeal wrote:
Mofo Jones wrote:And a serious LSW question: Am I the only person who is surprised that the TIE Defender appears to be done? It's a decent set, even if it is overpriced at MSRP.

I'm not surprised at all: it's not an iconic ship and grossly overpriced.

Not the best of combinations, and made worse still when found shelved next to Vader's TIE.

Well, I thought it was a neat design, but then I've played through all the old X-Wing and TIE Fighter games, where the Defender was introduced. I got my Defender on sale, only a bit more than Vader's TIE, happy with both sets. I'd probably buy another one if I found it on clearance and had the funds.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby simpsonps121 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Thrilled to find this site - my kids went with me to Walmart today, and we scanned like crazy. :-)

8190 - $17.00
8059 - $7.00
8061 - $19.50
8075 - $29.50
7160 - $24.50
5984 - $16.00
8087 - $24.50

The only set I am a bit concerned about is the Drop Ship. Is it going to be too difficult for my kids? Ages 9 and 7.
simpsonps121

Postby Qzak » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Picked up 8038 The Battle of Endor for $49.50 from Wal-Mart.
Qzak

Postby unmovedmover » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:39 pm

I've picked up a tie defender, 3 isd midis, coporate tank droid, arc fighter, and 3x echo base sets. I also picked up lavatraz, fight for the dagger, and Luke and vader watches. All @ 50% off. Was debating on pcking up more watches at $7 each, but I can't decide. Anyone think those are a good enough buy to stock up?
unmovedmover

Postby youpunk » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Every KMART is different I found the following:

7595 - Army Men on Patrol - $2.40
7570 - Ostrich Race - $8.00
youpunk

Postby pgooseman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Kmart

The Fight for the Dagger (7571) $12
pgooseman