Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars - Future Product Rumors/Ideas/Wishlists

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Lego Star Wars 2010 Idea Thread

Postby jonah2013pal » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:06 pm

Maybe they should make a LEGO Star Wars MOVIE!!!

You know, like, full length, special features, like the Clone Wars movie. They could remake real movies into lego, or an idea that hasn't been done!
jonah2013pal

Postby MrCRskater » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Darklordofthebrick wrote:Anything UCS:
AT-AT minifig size, Speederbike, Tyderium Shuttle, Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (1st clone wars cartoon). i love me some UCS :)

Dude, a UCS Speederbike would be SWEET!! I second that motion. . . Shuttle Tyderium would be very cool too, but anything UCS, really. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Darth Rowdy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:26 pm

Cloud City Carbon Freeze Chamber.
I think this would be a great set. Maybe Lego could take it to the next level and do a Cloud City set much like the new Death Star playset. Figures included: Luke, Leia, Han (before and after carbon freeze), Chewie, R2, 3PO, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, 2 Stormtroopers, Lando, Lobot, 2 Bespin Guards, 2 or 3 Ugnaughts, and a Pilot for the Twin Pod Cloud Car. Either set would suffice but, the events on Cloud City was an integral part of ESB and wasn't given due diligence in the previously released set. But, that is just one mans opinion.
Darth Rowdy

Postby darth jason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:41 am

I just thought of something. how about an Astro Mech Droid battle pack(well i guess you could call it a maintenance set since its full of mechanic's) some cool colour schemed astromechs would be nice(i.e. yellow legs and head w/blue barrel, or some with some different shaped heads like the "lampshade droid". you could make the build accompanyment be a magnetic cherry picker like in ANH. It would go good w/all the other yellow brick service equipment in many lego star wars sets, you could even throw in a wild coloured protocal droid maybe one w/a different head but that may be going a little to far or maybe throw a tech in for good measure or to put a different spin on it you could put in one of the rebel honour gaurd in there. FYI in case your not sure what im getting at thats the rebel trooper w/the radar gun clocking the Milenium Falcon landing on Yavin 4.

As well thinking back on my earlier posting to see more done w/the Republic cruiser conversion into the republic Frigate. I agree w/the earlier posting about making a Tantive IV in mini figure scale since the basic plan is already laid out. again I'm on my soapbox for a "lamp shade" head astro mech. But we could get a Captain Antillies and a the usual suspects. I think that would be really desireable. I guess I just really like that ship and its design potential.
darth jason

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Best. Idea. Evar.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby darth jason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:12 pm

Im sooooo down with a Shaak Ti mini. I have no idea whats taking lego so long ,it'll cut down on all the Asoka mini's that seem to be everywhere in the last couple of runs. I think they just need more jedi in general like another Luminari, a ki adi mundi and since they have a Mon Cal head, Kit Fisto's old apprentice that gets the 187 from General Grievous. I just dont know how i feel about Jedi/Sith or any main character for that matter being the sol focus of a battle pack since the whole point of these is to "build your army" as stated on the boxes. I wish that hasbro would have understood that "battle pack" concept back in the seventies when i was trying to convince my mom why i needed more than one stormtrooper.

It is a valid point that alot of us want more Jedi!!!
darth jason

Postby darth jason » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Solo wrote:Best. Idea. Evar.

Thanks man!
darth jason

Postby yankeeken » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:06 pm

@ darth jason
I like your idea, as I love getting Astro droids in new colors, but I don't see it happening. The whole point of a battlepacks are to build an army and who, besides Don, would actually want an army of repair droids?
yankeeken

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Anyone that doesn't want to get kicked out of here, that's who. >:)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby meeotch » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:19 pm

I have to admit, I too have quite an affinity for the Lego astromechs. I would really love it if they did an astromech battlepack, and let's say that they had maybe 10 different types of heads and 10 different bodies, and maybe 5 options for leg colors, and each battle pack was a grab bag of randomness (although, at least the legs are included in color pairs) to make the droids.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby Draykov » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:21 pm

darth jason wrote:I just thought of something. how about an Astro Mech Droid battle pack(well i guess you could call it a maintenance set since its full of mechanic's) some cool colour schemed astromechs would be nice

Werd! Next to a battlepack full of Rebel pilots with unique helmets, this is the battlepack I'd most like to see next.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby solo606 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:25 pm

I would love to see a UCS version of the AT-AT.
The AT-AT has been my favorite vehicle in the SW universe since I watched The Empire Strikes Back in the theater when I was 7.
solo606

Postby CommanderFox » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:02 pm

Hey guys 3 more ideas from me
Kit Fistos green jedi starfighter from ROTS, a guy on Ebay was selling a really good custom one for $75 us dollars. also I second this idea darth Jason
darth jason wrote:since they have a Mon Cal head, Kit Fisto's old apprentice that gets the 187 from General Grievous.
yup that mon cal jedi is awesome
I agree with all you guys about the Tantive IV but what about putting Obi wan and Yoda meditating and Bail, Antilles, and some other minifigures.
Lego should make a rerun of the 7679 star wars set but (if you have star wars battlefront 2 you'll no what im meaning) do it the imperial version its called the IFT-T

lastly this is not an idea but a stupid thought of lego doing the Pollis Massa place where Padme has the twins and the minifigures could be Obi, Bail, Yoda, 2 Med droids, dieing Padme and the Twins :lol: :lol: :lol: I no there is a 1% chance of anyone getting this set if it was made by Lego but I have noticed that there is a topic "10th Anniversary without Padme" so I see some of you are wonting her :lol: :lol: HE HE, Im not dissing her its just funny :lol: :lol: .
CommanderFox
CommanderFox

Postby Teekay » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:39 am

Yes, I would love an astromech bp too. (Green, red, purple, what fun!)

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby deanalmarresh » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:42 am

I agree with a few peoples ideas.

A jedi temple would be great, this would have to be medium sized though.
And the star wars jedi battle pack is what I would like, but it probably won't come due to the rare jedi's aswell. Lets just hope guys.
deanalmarresh

Postby MrCRskater » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:56 am

The astromech pack sounds great! To be realistic, though, I think we would have to expect it to be mostly comprised of versions we've already seen (i.e. LEGO already produces), like an Artoo style, a black astromech, a green astromech, and perhaps an R5 (from the Sandcrawler). To make it fly from the shelves, though, they would have to throw in one or two new color schemes. Sounds cool to me!

Also, there have been countless "requests" for jedi battlepacks over the past couple years, but let's get real. Because the jedi are unique characters (unlike Clones, stormies, droids, etc.), they are more expensive to produce (often more expensive to produce smaller numbers) and it would saturate the market, drawing sales from the larger sets that include them now. Honestly, there is zero chance that we'll be getting a single $10 pack with Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, Ki Adi Mundi, Yoda, Mace, Plo Koon, Luminari, Ayala, or any combination thereof. However. . .

I think this idea could be the genesis of a new "line" of SW LEGO. They could begin selling what would essentially be glorified battle packs, each including one of the many beloved jedi and 3-ish clones, and would come with a little set or vehicle. For instance, you could get Ayala and 3 clones with a corner of Felucia, or Plo Koon and a few clones with an escape pod and the separatist trident-thing. These could go at the $20 price point, and in a line of 5 or 8, LEGO could still make a decent profit and we could still get all of our favorite jedi at a reasonable price.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby DarthMC » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:32 am

The Jedi battlepacks sound like a great idea however Lego may once again run into trouble with whoever is licensing the action figures like they did with some of the previous sets (Sith Minifig Pack 3340) which were just figures on a base. I am surprised there have been no complaints about the new magnet sets.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby The Brain » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:35 pm

The problem with something like a Jedi battlepack that is geared towards known Jedi (Shaak Ti, Ki-Adi, Plo Koon, etc.), is that anyone who buys one would only really want one pack--you don't want to have 10 Plo Koons floating around in your collection, you wouldn't need 'em all. If they did do a Jedi battlepack, it would have to be full of generic Jedi robe torsos, brown legs, and some generic heads/headgear. Then they could throw in the lightsabers and possibly hoods/capes, and we have a winner.

I loooove the astromech pack idea (not sucking up to Don, either ;) ), since one of my favorite things to do with a large group of generic troops like clones is to set up outposts or something along those lines, including a number of astromech droids (for repairs and such), and mechanics. However, there is one sort of minifig pack I would love to see even more:

A SW aliens pack.

Now, they could do this type of set the same sort of way trading card companies assemble their booster packs--randomly. If Lego produces molds for several types of aliens, does some torso prints and headgear such as twi'ilek lekkus or rodian heads, they could make several different color schemes and randomly throw like 5 aliens worth of minifigs in a pack. You could end up with 5 twi'ileks, or maybe none. But this way, we can mix and match figures reeeally well, and have a ton of variety. We'd see some awesome species we've been waiting for forever to see, and can make our SW universe minifig populations soar. Then they can use the molds in later sets as well, and I'm willing to bet my bum that this would be a great money-maker.
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby Teekay » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:48 pm

The Brain wrote:Now, they could do this type of set the same sort of way trading card companies assemble their booster packs--randomly.

However, collectors would go berserk if all of them were different. I am a collector and I like one set to include certain figs. I just wouldn't like it that way. However, you could use, say, in one BP, one Twi'lek, one rodian, one Torgruta, and maybe a couple of others.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby donneyboy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:35 pm

I want some minifigure packs, from 2000. the first one would be-
Clone Wars Commanders-
Commander Rex
Commander Cody
and Commander Fox

Jedi-
Ahsoka Tano
Obi Wan Kenobi
Anakin Skywalker

Jed II-
Plo Koon
Mace Windu
Ki Adi Mundi

For sets I would like to see a better AT-TE, with seats for 4 gunners, and 2 pilots. the minifigs would be Commander Gree, 5 Clone Gunners, 2 Pilots, and 10 Clones.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars