Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Shop@Home's May the 4th Sale

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

LEGO Shop@Home's May the 4th Sale

Postby Staff » Thu May 03, 2012 8:59 pm

At last, the sale you've all been waiting for is finally here.

Okay maybe not.

But I can now announce the official LEGO Shop@Home May the 4th and Revenge of the 5th sale details. Only two high ticket items are marked down 20% (10212 Imperial Shuttle and 10221 Super Star Destroyer) while the rest of the items on the list enjoy a 10% markdown. Think old sets and keychains and magnets. Full list below. Don't forget, though, that there are additional incentives to shop:

» FREE standard shipping if your order is $75 or more!
» FREE TC-14 minifigure if your order is $75 or more (while supplies last)!
» FREE LEGO R2-D2 poster (while supplies last)!
» VIP points!

Also, while not on sale, 10225 R2-D2 is brand new to the shop and that alone will get you the additional incentives listed above. Now onto the list:

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/05/03/lego-shophomes-may-the-4th-sale/
Staff

Re: LEGO Shop@Home's May the 4th Sale

Postby cas » Thu May 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Oh, Imperial Shuttle, you big tease.

Edit: Okay, finally, jeeze.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby SDIronClaw » Thu May 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Ok, FINALLY got the right order placed for the SSD with the promotional items. I just wish I would have been able to use my gift card...have to wait until my preemtive order is returned to Lego before I get my credit back. Blast it...I blame it on Cas...lol jk...jk.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby cas » Thu May 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Inconceivable! How did you find out about my secret heightened mental ability allowing me to take over your mind, making you order 10221 Super Star Destroyer prematurely, thus causing you minor inconvenience?

And someone needs to add another zero to Ewok Attack's 10% off.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Gandalf1 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:58 am

No, LEGO! I wasn't going to spend any more money, but now I''m tempted...
"I am to metaphor cheese as metaphor cheese is to transitive verb crackers."
Gandalf1

Postby b4p » Fri May 04, 2012 6:35 am

Direct link to TC-14:
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/TC-14-5000063

not sure if you can purchase it ever
b4p

Postby chabala » Fri May 04, 2012 7:04 am

She's a beauty.
chabala

Postby MrCRskater » Fri May 04, 2012 7:37 am

Props, cas, on your new acquisition. I've lusted after that shuttle for so long, and now with the sale and my meager VIP points I was considering it. . . but then it was out of stock and I decided I want my lego NOW! So I caved and joined the R2 bandwagon. 'Twas a long, hard internal monologue that convinced me that I may have to live without the imperial shuttle, and that it won't bring the end times.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Nannan » Fri May 04, 2012 8:27 am

I was able to order non-SW items and still qualify for the TC-14 minifg at checkout. They also have the Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ on sale for half off at the time of this post. So I'm wondering if I'll get the two I ordered plus the minifig, that would be a sweet deal.
Nannan

Postby emmtwosix » Fri May 04, 2012 8:48 am

Hmm, for some reason when Battle for Naboo was pegged for the sale I pictured the Naboo Starfighter as the set in question. It feels like it deserves a price cut, but maybe they don't like putting their "exclusive" sets on sale until they absolutely have to. Oh well, really didn't plan on getting it since I have the previous version and this one didn't improve upon it enough to warrant a purchase.

Still trying to decide between the shuttle or a combination of other smaller things. I really want that shuttle, but it's always hard to justify spending over $100 on my habit...err...hobby. Good luck to others on their decision making. :)
emmtwosix

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri May 04, 2012 9:26 am

For anybody who wants it, the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape set is available again.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Brainslugged » Fri May 04, 2012 10:05 am

Nannan wrote:I was able to order non-SW items and still qualify for the TC-14 minifg at checkout. They also have the Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ on sale for half off at the time of this post. So I'm wondering if I'll get the two I ordered plus the minifig, that would be a sweet deal.

I was able to do this too. At first I thought I'd been sneaky by adding $75 of SW plus other stuff, then deleting off some of the SW items. So I placed two orders for SW I didn't need combined with Dino items, before realizing I didn't even need to order the SW items after all. Don't know if they'll correct it. The odd thing is that even though I placed the two orders 5 mins apart, and both amounts have been taken from my bank account, I only got one email confirmation, and one shipping confirmation (just now). It doesn't say anything about only one figure per household, just one per order, so I don't know what the deal is. The store told me it would only be one per customer per day last week though (in-store).

Now I'm thinking of getting the Funhouse with another Alien Conquest truck cos I thought that was great when it came out even at full price. I don't understand why it has been on sale for so long.
Brainslugged

Postby Brainslugged » Fri May 04, 2012 10:54 am

gorram. Looks like I waited too long to pull the trigger on the Alien Conquest truck. All gone.
Brainslugged

Postby emmtwosix » Fri May 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Yeah, that Alien Conquest set was cool, I've been debating all morning on my order so I missed that.

Also, it looks like the Millenium Falcon just got the 10% discount applied to it as well. Maybe they'll keep adding new deals all weekend long for those who can't seem to push the submit order button (me!)
emmtwosix

Postby MrCRskater » Fri May 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:For anybody who wants it, the Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape set is available again.

DO IT! That is such a sweet set - tons of fun. Bought mine a while back at TRU and even with the TRU tax, zero buyer's remorse here.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Brainslugged » Fri May 04, 2012 3:18 pm

MrCRskater wrote:DO IT! That is such a sweet set - tons of fun. Bought mine a while back at TRU and even with the TRU tax, zero buyer's remorse here.

OK - you've just convinced me to go back for fourths. I don't know what else to get for $35.01 though as I have most the stuff I need/want and several things coming I don't need/want.
Brainslugged

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri May 04, 2012 3:32 pm

You could buy two of them... :)
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Brainslugged » Fri May 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:You could buy two of them... :)

Lol. I don't LOVE the set for the parts, so I'd mainly be getting it for the Joker and Robin as I don't have them - plus Harley Quinn and The Riddler are really good bonuses too.
Brainslugged

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri May 04, 2012 3:39 pm

You could buy two of them..(waves hand)..and send one to me. :)
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Brainslugged » Fri May 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:You could buy two of them..(waves hand)..and send one to me. :)

Just too late I'm afraid. A Funhouse, Wolverine's Chopper, Captain America and a minifig took it up to $76. That's enough spend on Lego for one 24 hour period I think. PLEASE Lego don't offer any more discounts tomorrow as I have the willpower of a slug.
Brainslugged

Next

Return to Finds/Deals