Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Marvel Super Heroes Polybags Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Marvel Super Heroes Polybags Revealed

Postby Staff » Wed May 02, 2012 6:06 am

30162 - Quinjet

30163 - Thor and the Cosmic Cube30165 - Hawkeye with equipment

The ever vigilant Huw over at Brickset discovered three new polybags in the LEGO instructions list and with this, Marvel has pulled ahead of DC in the poly race. The images for 30162 Quinjet, 30163 Thor and the Cosmic Cube and 30165 Hawkeye with equipment aren't the greatest due to the fact they have to be cut and copied from the small instructions page, but I for one am thankful none the less. No word yet on the availability or exclusivity of these awesome little sets and I can't help but notice a missing number in there, but I'm sure we'll know soon enough. Of course it's the two characters who already appear in multiple sets which will make them even easier to get and lower their value overall, but no complaints here! The Hawkeye print is generic enough to be reused fairly easily and Thor is just awesome. I expect to see a proper Thor Corps put together in no time.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/05/02/marvel-super-heroes-polybags-revealed/
Staff

Re: Marvel Super Heroes Polybags Revealed

Postby JamesBenjamin » Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 am

This is awesome, because I really didn't want to buy a $50 or $80 set just for Thor.

Now if only they made a Hulk polybag...
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby MisterFubar » Wed May 02, 2012 6:33 am

I'm really glad to see these. I've been wanting to grab all of the Super Heroes minifigures but I have ZERO desire to own any of the sets.
MisterFubar

Postby GIR3691 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:24 am

Not really what I was hoping for. Let's see Iron Man and Cap in polybags!
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:38 am

GIR3691 wrote:Not really what I was hoping for. Let's see Iron Man and Cap in polybags!

I'd have to agree w/ this statement. But seeing Cap show up in an 11.99/12.99 set, makes me think it will be unlikely to see him in a poly.

Great little sets though and I love the mini version of the quinjet!
Gooker1

Postby winbrant » Wed May 02, 2012 7:51 am

30164 is the EB Games Lex Luthor, available with pre-order of Batman 2: DC Superheroes
winbrant

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:29 am

Is it just me or the Hawkeye polybag has darker hair than what's in the sets? A better color, but still a cruddy hairpiece.
Gooker1

Postby Brainslugged » Wed May 02, 2012 2:02 pm

There's that fire extinguisher again. I can't help but wonder what pivotal role in the movie fire extinguishers play considering they've been included in at least 3 Avengers sets now. Either that or the Avengers are very conscientious about health a safety.
Brainslugged

Postby cas » Wed May 02, 2012 2:09 pm

It's something I've made a point to look out for when I see the movie this weekend. I guess you have to put out the excessive explosions somehow.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby CaptainFordo » Fri May 04, 2012 4:42 am

Gooker1 wrote:Is it just me or the Hawkeye polybag has darker hair than what's in the sets? A better color, but still a cruddy hairpiece.

Yeah looks darker. Someone on Eurobricks tried out the sleepy head minifig's hair and it looked much better, but I'm a stickler for sticking with the official sets. Kind of annoyed about the Thor bag though... feel a bit gipped on the helicarrier set now haha, but I guess I still got Hulk and a cool jet out of it. Hawkeye is a stupid polybag idea though, he comes in two sets already (one fairly cheap) so why he gets a polybag rather than Widow is anyone's guess. I guess Widow in a bag would **** off those who'd shelled out for the Quinjet. I mean I'm sure people who buy the Quinjet didn't buy just for Widow, but it's probably something they'd have factored in as part of the benefit of the set (much like I did with Thor in the helicarrier - not that I'm bitter :P) Not to mention, I get the feeling they know how popular Iron Man is and probably won't polybag him, figuring £20 is a price most will be willing to pay for IM plus 2 more minifigs. No reason to offer a cheaper alternative for a character they KNOW will sell (though a hall of armour/ gantry might make for an interesting polybag, certainly better than Thor and Hawkeye's, or even a Tony Stark polybag, I'd buy that).

That quinjet looks awesome though, definitely going to try and get my hands on that I think.
CaptainFordo

Postby Nemesis243 » Sun May 20, 2012 3:08 am

Wish they would do one with Black Widow. Don't really want to spend 80 bucks just so I can have a Lego mini figure of her.
Nemesis243

Postby JonnyThunder3483 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:09 am

These never show up in Fred Meyers, right? Oh, the poor luck of living in Juneau, AK. :'(
JonnyThunder3483

Postby cas » Fri May 25, 2012 9:31 am

Polybags? I've never seen them at Fred Meyer, just Target, TRU, and occasionally Walmart.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby JonnyThunder3483 » Fri May 25, 2012 9:54 am

Darn! I've never seen our small Wal-mart get any :'(
JonnyThunder3483

Postby Flynn » Mon May 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Nemesis243 wrote:Wish they would do one with Black Widow. Don't really want to spend 80 bucks just so I can have a Lego mini figure of her.

Well, good, cause you won't have to-- you can spend 70 bucks and get a damned good set to go along with it. ;)
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby SevFalcon » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:07 pm

This is good news on the minifigs. Here's hoping that they're of the same quality as the regular releases instead of like the collectible series....
SevFalcon

Postby sparkart » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:27 am

I can never find these interesting polybags. By the time I get to the store, they've been scooped up by, presumably, resellers. With the cost of gasoline for my old V8 Chevy, it seems cheaper to pay the markup and shipping and resort to Bricklink or eBay.
sparkart

Next

Return to Licensed Themes