Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectable minifig cases SW content?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Collectable minifig cases SW content?

Postby Marty » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:39 pm

I recently bought a couple of these cases, one black, Red & yellow, it struck me that they could be designed to suit the colour of the figures bags, if that was the case, we should have a white, blue, orange & green?
The only odd one is black which got me thinking, what if there was a SW Movie 4 minifigure sets to prove this, what would be the 16 figures?

Given that Hasbro released the first 12 figures and this would be a starting point, what would be the other 4 figures given that there is 16 figures in the sets?

The original 12 where;

1. Jawa
2. Death Star trooper (new tie fighter)
3. R2D2 (Escape pod)
4. C3PO (Escape pod)
5. Chewie
6. Hansolo
7. Leia (latest falcon)
8. Luke (latest falcon)
9. Ben
10. Darthvader
11. Stormtrooper Desert outfit (Escape pod)
12. Tuskin Raider

The other 4 I think would be;

Tarkin
Greedo
Rebel scout trooper
Either Boba fett or Uncle Owen???

This could also be done for Movie 5 & 6

Any ideas on this, Marty
Marty

Re: Collectable minifig cases SW content?

Postby Igginz » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:43 am

I don't believe this would ever happen. It doesn't make any business sense. They would be cannibalizing their own customer base who will shell out big bucks to get the exclusive figures from the Star Wars sets.There is a reason the minifigures that come with the set are prominently displayed on the boxes. They are a huge component of the decision to get the set. If those figures were suddenly available in a collectable figure bag, it would slow the sales of sets which have a horrible piece count/ good profit margin.
Igginz

Re: Collectable minifig cases SW content?

Postby cas » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:37 am

Marty wrote:The only odd one is black which got me thinking

Series 8 minifigures are supposed to feature black packaging.
cas
Staff Writer

Return to Original Themes