Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Batboat Polybag Available @ TRU

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Batboat Polybag Available @ TRU

Postby Staff » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Actually, I guess it's a jetski. Which is silly, but it's out there in the world as spotted on the TRU website and probably making its way into the wild as we speak. Keep your eyes peeled because this is sure to be the least expensive way to get a Batman figure or two and other than the classic blue and grey comics version, this Keaton-esque costume is probably the best suited for LEGO. Now, let's see that awesome Batmobile poly hit the shelves!
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/04/17/batboat-polybag-available-tru/
Staff

Re: Batboat Polybag Available @ TRU

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:24 am

I hope TRU isn't the ONLY place to get this. Not only is Target much more convenient, I just hate buying anything from TRU. I'll go there if I have to, though. This is definitely going in somebody's stocking this Christmas. (No, not mine. Though I admit to having picked up stuff for my own stocking in the past.)
Mister Ed

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:30 am

It's in stock right now. It sorta blows w/o free shipping though.
Gooker1

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:50 am

Other than the Batman minifig, I could build one of these from my spare parts. The nearest TRU is about 45 minutes from me - definitely not driving all the way there just for this.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby chronosknight » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm going to pick a few of these up just for the minifig. Didn't want to buy any of the new sets that had this minifig in them since I didn't like anything else in the sets. Thought the Batplane and Batmobile were bland looking and hated the new Two-Face minifig.
chronosknight

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:18 pm

The minifig is what I want. I got my son the Superman vs. Luthor set, which he really liked, but I wanted him to have a Batman as well- but couldn't bring myself to shell out for any of the Batman sets, and don't want to deal with the hassle (and cost) of trying to get a Batman fig secondhand.
Mister Ed

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Mister Ed wrote:I hope TRU isn't the ONLY place to get this. Not only is Target much more convenient, I just hate buying anything from TRU. I'll go there if I have to, though. This is definitely going in somebody's stocking this Christmas. (No, not mine. Though I admit to having picked up stuff for my own stocking in the past.)

Got mine from LEGOland. Don't know if the LEGO retail stores have them too. Usually the bags are exclusive to one store.
crazybirdman

Postby ObiG » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:46 am

if you're in the uk, there's a very good chance that this will end up being available through The Sun when they do their lego offer (assuming they do it again this year!)...
ObiG

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:00 am

local TRU had them, but they were sold out by 5pm yesterday. :/
Gooker1

Postby jefflord » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Got the last one on the shelf at the TRU in Gaithersburg, MD. An associate said they had 24 more in inventory, but they were being held for someone.

By the way, the TRU in Rockville MD is closed temporarily. Must have happened in the last few days. The store is relocating to another space in the same strip mall. Only indication about a reopening date is a sign that says soon.
jefflord

Postby markerpk » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:18 pm

Picked up several from my local TRU this afternoon. Looked like they still had many left, too. Better price than I saw online, was only $4.99 in store. Picked up six, 4 for gifts and 2 for me! They also have the series 7 figs, but at $3.99 each, I'll track them down at Target or wait for a 2 for 5 sale. Same offer as before to those really wanting one, I'm happy to pick one up and ship it to you at cost plus shipping, just let me know ASAP.
markerpk

Postby cas » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:48 am

I decided to stop in and see if I could find one. Nothing. Only hundreds of mini podracers.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby batsamd » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:13 am

Went to my local TRU last Sunday and they didn't have any batboat polybags or series 7 minifigs.

Of course that's not unusual, since in the mid-west we're the last to get anything. :)
batsamd

Postby mapleleaf251 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:35 am

I checked my Toys R Us in Columbus, OH and they didn't seem to have any batboats but they did have A LOT of series 7 (saw at least 7 boxes open with lots of figs still in all of them)
mapleleaf251

Postby markerpk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Went back by TRU today and apparently they had two whole boxes of them I hadn't seen before and they are still there.
markerpk

Postby GIR3691 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Went to the Times Square TRU today. There were a couple dozen, surprisingly without any NYC markup. Bought a couple for myself and friends. It's pretty sweet for what it is, provided you don't have the other two sets he comes in.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Return to Finds/Deals